John Lovell

EGNX - 737 approach video

2 hours ago, John Lovell said:

Smooth performance

What about that landing though? :ph34r:

Great looking product and good video! 
Will be picking it up for the other sim whenever it's ready.

Edited by F737NG

4 minutes ago, F737NG said:

What about that landing though? :ph34r:

Great looking product! 
Will be picking it up for the other sim whenever it's ready.

Yeah, that was a bit of slam.. but I am just an armchair pilot :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, John Lovell said:

All settings max apart from shadows, reflections and AA half way.

Smooth performance 

how do you make your lights look like that? are u using black marble or just the regular orbx light configurator?

11 hours ago, OscarGrant said:

how do you make your lights look like that? are u using black marble or just the regular orbx light configurator?

I am using UWXP lights.. you can configure the near and far lights brightness.  Also using extended night lighting that increases the distance and adds more lights 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Lovell said:

I am using UWXP lights.. you can configure the near and far lights brightness.  Also using extended night lighting that increases the distance and adds more lights 

oh its xplane i thought it was prepar3d

Great video and superb lighting!
At first I thought the sky was peppered with flak bursts...  ;-)

• Haha 1

The guy on 20A got a gear strut slammed into his butt, the other passengers got away with spine trauma and the like. Other than that, a pretty successful landing I'd say. :D

• Haha 3

On 6/25/2019 at 2:48 AM, John Lovell said:

Forgive me if my question sounds like it's from a newbie to X Plane, but actually I am and I also just bought the UWXP 2.5. So my question is about the "extended night lighting" that you mentioned, is that a stand alone add on, or something within UWXP?

I have so little time using it I havent got close to mastering its settings and capabilities. 

Thank you and your video looks great, so smooth!!! And I'm not complaining about your landing either!  Complaints should be reserved for paying passengers!   ;-)

Excellent video John tinged with a little sadness...

That was the approach of the British Midland 737 that crashed into the bank of the M1 after shutting down the Good Engine in the late Eighties.

Referred to as 'The Kegworth disaster'...I am sure you remember it.

Dave

14 hours ago, McCloud9 said:

Forgive me if my question sounds like it's from a newbie to X Plane, but actually I am and I also just bought the UWXP 2.5. So my question is about the "extended night lighting" that you mentioned, is that a stand alone add on, or something within UWXP?

I have so little time using it I havent got close to mastering its settings and capabilities. 

Thank you and your video looks great, so smooth!!! And I'm not complaining about your landing either!  Complaints should be reserved for paying passengers!   ;-)

Extended Night Lighting is stand alone add on. It is freeware and you can get it here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/168501-bringing-extended-night-lighting-to-xp/

Just chose the region you need it for :)

10 hours ago, John Lovell said:

Extended Night Lighting is stand alone add on. It is freeware and you can get it here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/168501-bringing-extended-night-lighting-to-xp/

Just chose the region you need it for :)

Thank you very much John!!!  I appreciate the info & link very much! I'll go get it!

Don