kludger

resolved TE Washington Ends at Everett? Is this an issue?

Hi, could you please confirm how far north TE Washington is supposed to cover?

According to the announcement thread map, I was expecting it would cover to the WA border, but I'm trying to fly out of KPAE which was one of my favorite airports and seeing the line where the default textures start at Everett, and trying to determine if this is as expected or if I have something wrong in my install or scenery.ini, see my screenshots below of flying over downtown Everett, thanks in advance for any help or confirmation.

Great job on TE WA by the way.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/171537-trueearth-us-washington-official-announcement/

washington.jpg

VSL Cabri-G2 - 2019-06-23 2.31.18 PM.jpg

VSL SF-25C - 2019-06-23 2.13.18 PM.jpg

I have the same problem.  Got a thread here as well.  This is the same area as AFL's KAWO area, so it's probably the culprit.  Only problem is, I've uninstalled KAWO and reinstalled TE WA twice and I still can't get that damn tile to do anything but stay default

Yep same exact issue.  It's been driving me insane and nothing that I remove from custom scenery seems to alleviate it.  Though now that multiple users have it, maybe it'll get more traction with support.

Here is my post 

Edited by deimos256

4 minutes ago, deimos256 said:

I have the same problem.  Got a thread here as well.  This is the same area as AFL's KAWO area, so it's probably the culprit.  Only problem is, I've uninstalled KAWO and reinstalled TE WA twice and I still can't get that damn tile to do anything but stay default

I don't have the AFL KAWO scenery, so I guess we can eliminate it as the problem..

It definitely has to be a SceneryPacks problem, conflicting 3rd party scenery, or a corrupt install.

This is how it should look

V4JKrXb.jpg

Edited by styckx

Well if it's a scenery packs issue it's an obscure one, because I have removed every third party pack from that portion on the US and the issue will not go away

I have attached my log and packs ini file if anyone gets bored.

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

I was looking around the TE US install folders and found a couple of files that look out of place and also share coordinates in the area of the issue.  Users with working installs, do you also have these files present? 

orbx2.png

5 minutes ago, deimos256 said:

I was looking around the TE US install folders and found a couple of files that look out of place and also share coordinates in the area of the issue.  Users with working installs, do you also have these files present? 

orbx2.png

Yep, they're normal

Edited by styckx

Hello,

in both FSX and P3D, the best way to find conflicting scenery is remove everything

except the default items and Orbx product and first, see if it works.

By creating a Custom Scenery(2) folder and moving products into it, the

sane approach can be made to solving problems with X Plane 11.

This will establish if the installation is correct and give a starting point.

Products can then be added back, or added to the scenery_packs.ini file and tested

until the problem is isolated or solved by changing the order.

There is no effective shortcut and without a methodical approach, finding the

problem is just guesswork.

I think I found it... removing the Allan and Burrows Island scenery by Propstrike Studios fixed the issue for me.

@deimos256 I see from your ini file that you have that scenery too. 

X-Plane 2019-06-23 14-52-45-03.png

Edited by paulrix
  • Upvote 2

What I do with conflicting scenery is move them up to the top of the list, and slowly work them down the list, reloading each time.

So take

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/

And move them to the top.. $10 your problem is solved.  Then move them down the list a few lines at a time and reload after each. Eventually you'll find your problem spot..   SceneryPacks is easily the biggest headache when running X-Plane there is sometimes just no rhyme or reason to it but.. It's what we have currently so.. You gotta play the hand you're delt.

Here is mine for instance.

scenery_packs.ini

Yep with just global airports and ORBX scenery the tile is populated.  I'll try just removing Alan and Burrows, that hadn't occurred to me since xorganizer didn't have it listed for Washington.

Ok, Allan and Burrows was indeed the culprit!    Thanks for all the assistance.  Might be beneficial to add this to the product compatibility notes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, deimos256 said:

that hadn't occurred to me since xorganizer didn't have it listed for Washington.

That's why it is always a good idea to learn about X-Plane's scenery system and to manually check scenery_packs.ini after tools attempted to assist with that file... :D

• Like 2

Thanks for the great help and detective work!

Glad we get the great TE Wa coverage north of Everett otherwise a couple of my favorite airports wouldn't be getting the visits they deserve.

I would try just removing the Allan and Burrows mesh (I am fairly confident that this is the real culprit) and verify that that Allan and Burrows still works with the TE WA orthos under it.

I checked it out myself and just disabling the Allan and Burrows mesh (or, I would presume, deleting it or putting it lower in the scenery order than TE WA orthos) works: no impact on TE WA and the Allan and Burrows scenery fits nicely.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chris E said:

I have the same issue but have none of that scenery installed....any other ideas?

Not without your scenery_packs.ini file and the log.txt file after a flight with the issue.