Was very excited to download the new Australia V2 and while the Melbourne and Sydney cityscapes were excellent, Perth, WA, was appalling. The CBD was old, there was no Elizabeth Quay, no WACA, no Optus stadium, Fremantle port scenary is nonexistant apart from the outline, Rottnest island is virtually completely blank and to be honest with you, I'm really disappointed that you've basically released an upgrade of Melbourne and Sydney and completely neglected Perth.

I have the YPJT plugin which is also excellent, but the environment I fly around in in western Australia is rubbish.

It's disinigenuous to release an upgrade entitled "Australia v2.0" when you completely neglect areas of the country.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have to agree completely with your statement concerning the atrocious neglect for Western Australian scenery and you're spot on! 

It is disingenuous to release an upgrade entitled "Australia v2.0" when areas of the country are neglected.

I purchase Orbx for the obvious reasons ... most of it is acceptable. 

But if the best that can be done for WA is to provide Jandakot, once freeware from WA enthusiasts and not that much improved or updated over the original, ( I know as I operate a real world aviation business there and frequent the Royal Aero Club of WA, subject of the central focus of that scenery) ... then please take note Orbx.

A lot of customers are now in the not so satisfied stage of patronage.

Perth, a stunningly beautiful capital city of the largest state in Australia is non-existant in flight sim basically while the eastern states are practically overdone to very expensive micro detail.

• Like 1

You've obviously not been keeping up with what's still to come from ORBX. Do a search on Perth, YPPH and Jarrad Marshal. If that doesn't put a smile on your face, nothing will. From what I have seen so far, Perth will be by far the most accurate, expansive and detailed airport and cityscape yet produced by Orbx. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yes,I must admit I was a bit sad to see this post this am,it sure took the urgency out of downloading Oz V2 ,oh well!  Doc

I know that YPPH and Perth cityscape is on the way so I didn't hold up much hope for the representation of the Swan district in Australia 2. But, I was pleasantly surprised. I'd say about 400% better than Australia 1.

You would not fly around it at 100 feet in a helicopter but, we are assured that level of detail is on the way. I wouldn't put off upgrading to AU 2. It will be the basis of a better Perth experience.

I enjoyed taking off from Rottnest Island and landing at YPPH in a Dash 8. A great improvement over AU1 and more to come.

Aussie

• Thanks 1

Yes, I've just installed Australia 2 and agree that Perth is pretty damn bad.

I'm hoping the rest of Australia will show an improvement.

33 minutes ago, JohnY said:

Yes, it does a lot improvement.

Kai

Hi agn,Now installed without problems ,lots of new detail even on Perth so will explore the east when time permits,should be a blast,thanks to all the Orbx crew,keep up the good work,

cheers from rainy Perth,Doc.

I have been trying all the local strips that I use including Whyndam ,Kununurra etc,all good,wondering if some of you locals have used the Pearse strip and its OK? Doc.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that,I will go there again and see if it OK now,I had a BIG crater on each end and no strip in between yesterday,must be a problem on my copy!!hopefully! Doc.

Honestly the Australia V2 upgrade overall is an absolute triumph. There is so much to like about it I can hardly believe anyone found something to complain about. I have many Orbx areas and consider this to be one of the best, I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'm from Tasmania and just love whats been done. We quite often get totally left off the map but not this time, take a few Tassie flights they're stunning. Congrats to all concerned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Im back,sorry guys still craters at Pearse but wrapped with every other area I have been to so far,all runs very smooth,great detail,better frame rates etc,etc super job,could not be happier with FSX,Doc

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2019 at 3:39 PM, JohnY said:

Yes, I've just installed Australia 2 and agree that Perth is pretty damn bad.

John....see 3 posts above yours..............

You've obviously not been keeping up with what's still to come from ORBX. Do a search on Perth, YPPH and Jarrad Marshal. If that doesn't put a smile on your face, nothing will. From what I have seen so far, Perth will be by far the most accurate, expansive and detailed airport and cityscape yet produced by Orbx. 

The glass is half full never half empty, have another scrumpy & take another look  LOL

•  
Edited by bruce e

51 minutes ago, bruce e said:

The glass is half full never half empty

image.png

Edited by clonaz2
  • Like 3

Order Number 5cb2f10464c87 Olbia Costa Smeralda

Hi Guys,

Can somebody please enlighten me? I am contemplating buying Australia v2 and in my FTX Central I have Australia v1 and Australia v2. Do I uninstall Australia v1 before installing Australia v2 or just install Australia v2 over the top of Australia v1? The reason I ask, is that I'm running short of space on my FSX drive.

Kindest regards

Colin 

Hello Colin,

FTX Central is designed to prevent a customer form installing Version 2 until version 1 is uninstalled.

If your installation is still standard, it will do so.

If it is not, then AU Australia, Holgermesh and the Tasmania demo must all be uninstalled before Australia v2 is used. 

40 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Colin,

FTX Central is designed to prevent a customer form installing Version 2 until version 1 is uninstalled.

If your installation is still standard, it will do so.

If it is not, then AU Australia, Holgermesh and the Tasmania demo must all be uninstalled before Australia v2 is used. 

Good afternoon Nick

Small clarification requested. Would FTX download and install OR download and then ask me to install (my understanding) ? My connection being slow and unreliable, I download huge files during the night.  I mean, in my case, should I uninstall before going to bed ;) ?

And do we uninstall the old OrbX AI traffic addon ?

Hello,

if it is to work, the notification takes place immediately when the Install product

tab is clicked and will not let you do anything else with V2 until V1 is uninstalled.

It does appear that this function is not working for everyone, due no doubt to the vast array

of methods that customers find to reorganise their files after FTX Central has installed them.

If you don't see the notification, then please uninstall V1, Holgermesh and the Tasmania demo

before starting the V2 installation.

You can then let it run overnight with no worries that it won't work because of any of those three.

I think you can leave the traffic addon as it is but if you wish, after V2 is installed, run Verify Files,

for the traffic addon, not V2.

• Like 1

Also, using search will usually turn your answer before you start a new thread. 

Afternoon Everyone,

Downloaded and installed Aus v2 yesterday without error.  FTX Central worked as advertised with my standard installations of FSX ad P3D. 

For my first flight I selected YPWR (Woomera, SA) as I spent 2 years  there ('83-'85) assigned to the Joint Defense Space Communications Squadron and I wanted to see how it looked.  I was a little disappointed that the Woomera village wasn't very well represented - in fact, I think it was a little better represented in v1.  The sports ovals and the large water tanks on the north hillside are missing.  The nearby surrounds were reasonably textured and had a high resolution, but once you move west of the main highway between Port Augusta and Woomera (and on to Alice Springs), the terrain becomes a washed-out ruddy/muddy low resolution blur.  Definitely not what I was expecting for Aus v2. 

I hope some attention can be directed this way sometime soon.

Tried to do a cross-country from Point Cook to Laverton with AUS v2 installed. Laverton appears to be missing. If I start on the ground from Laverton, my aircraft appears to be in the living room of someone's house.

Further to my above post, here's a pic of my Winjeel lined up on the active at Laverton (military) I'm sorry, but I've forgotten how to attach coordinates

Laverton Military Active Runway.png

8 hours ago, tigermothpilot said:

Tried to do a cross-country from Point Cook to Laverton with AUS v2 installed. Laverton appears to be missing. If I start on the ground from Laverton, my aircraft appears to be in the living room of someone's house.

RAAF Airbase Laverton no longer exists in real life , see following ,

Laverton's runway was decommissioned September 1996. In early 2007 the Victorian Government gave approval for the land that was formerly the Laverton airfield and runway to be developed into the new suburb of Williams Landing. Three areas totalling 55 hectares (136 acres) were set aside for conservation. More than 100 ha (247 acres) of nationally significant native grassland outside the reserves was permitted to be cleared by the state- and federal governments. Williams Landing is being developed into a transit-oriented development, major activity centre and employment node. As well as being a major activity centre and employment node, there will also be four residential neighbourhoods each with their own distinctive character. Construction of Williams Landing commenced in late 2007 and is due for completion by 2025.

• Like 2

What I hate most about landclass is the way the roads cut through buildings and over the top of everything else.  Perth has them all so until something is done specifically for Perth as an area to alter it I'll not be visiting there again!

12 hours ago, tigermothpilot said:

In that case, how accurate is ORBX! Thanks, COBS!

In my opinion ORBX is incredibly accurate , you must remember that this is not " Photo scenery " , with this scenery we can get down

ultra low and still have sharp visuals , some Photo scenery is nothing but blurred textures when flying low .

Is it perfect in every detail ?  .... NO , if it had all the detail even the most powerful computers would be brought to their knees ,

and we would have frame rates in the single digits .

If it wasn't for ORBX scenery I wouldn't even bother using the Flight Simulator , they have given us an awesome world to fly in .

We owe a lot to both ORBX and Microsoft for what we have in our Flight Simulators .

Cheers

Karol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, COBS said:

In my opinion ORBX is incredibly accurate , you must remember that this is not " Photo scenery " , with this scenery we can get down

ultra low and still have sharp visuals , some Photo scenery is nothing but blurred textures when flying low .

Is it perfect in every detail ?  .... NO , if it had all the detail even the most powerful computers would be brought to their knees ,

and we would have frame rates in the single digits .

If it wasn't for ORBX scenery I wouldn't even bother using the Flight Simulator , they have given us an awesome world to fly in .

We owe a lot to both ORBX and Microsoft for what we have in our Flight Simulators .

Cheers

Karol

Great statement..concur 100% !

• Like 1

Australia V2...from what I've seen so far, it looks brilliant and I can see that I'll be dusting off some old flight plans and doing a low and slow circumnavigation of the world's largest island, yet again.

Not one to be negative about minor aspects of what is a complex scenery add-on, I have an obvious "OOPS" observation about Melbourne.

Melbourne is touted as a showpiece of the add-on, and indeed it has every right to be. Melbourne is also the birthplace of Australian Rules Football (actually, it's a religion in Melbourne), and the two major stadiums, the hallowed ground of the MCG, and the more recent Docklands Stadium (also known by its current naming rights sponsorship, Marvel Stadium) are beautifully modelled, including the word Marvel being depicted in the grandstand seating. Yes, Marvel Stadium was built as a multi-purpose stadium, but it was also built as the headquarters of the AFL and primarily used for Aussie Rules games. In fact, the AFL have had exclusive ownership of the stadium since 2016.

Depicting Marvel Stadium with soccer field markings though, just isn't football!!!

Keep up the great work guys.

Regards

Andrew

Ill reserve my final judgement on V2 once the updates come through for the airports. Its an obvious improvement on V1 but my original opinion is that there seemed to be too many bugs come out upon release compared to previous products from Orbx. For me i always loved using Orbx products in my sim because the install process and the initial usage was smooth and pretty much error free.

Can I just ask (and granted I've not flown to every airport in AU) but why have the gable markers at the various airports I've seen been placed perpendicular to the runway? This is not the correct orientation.
image.png.2448ac04816cb40a02060b6323bd0598.pngThis is.

Hello Daniel,

a search for Gable Markers in the box top right hand of page will bring up this post and remedy by Nick Cooper.

I've had two short flight around the Adelaide region and I'm 50/50 on it so far... there's a heap of things that have improved compared to the default scenery like Gawler, Adelaide, Parafield and Goolwa airports looking more true to what they are, there's a few things that seem to be missing like Mt Lofty Radio Towers seems to be missing, there's no Aldinga, no Adelaide Airport (just to name a few things). Hopefully some of these things can be added in a service patch later I hope.

Keep up the good work though... I've just gotten back in to Flight Simming after buying a new and better PC that actually allows a decent framerate and most settings dialled up to 11.

Now getting the motivation to do some scenery to possibly add (mainly small airstrips) like a friend's property out at Sherlock, SA that would be suitable for bush pilots, Rowland Flat and Maralinga.

Aussie123 No Adelaide (YPAD) is a big improvement over the default. I've got everything in my settings pretty much turned up to 11.

5 hours ago, Rob M said:

no Adelaide Airport (just to name a few things).

YPAD is certainly present

50 minutes ago, Rob M said:

I've got everything in my settings pretty much turned up to 11.

11?? What sim are you using?