Iain Emms

TrueEarth US Washington around southwest washington.

Lovely shots Iain and very nice colours. There's a lot to see and explore in this large diverse region :-)

Really nice - why I like flying photoscenery- are there any shots anywhere from the east side of the Cascades? - flew from Ephrata in the 1999 Region 8 Soaring competition so know that landscape really well. I do hope Orbx can find a way to do TE BC - having lived out there for a couple of summers.

These are Beautiful shots Iain, I have so many scars on my arms and legs from the region an everlasting memory on my time at Ft. Lewis, Washington.

Edited by M110A2
Upper case to start a sentence

I live in Washington between Seattle and Tacoma. My brother and I flew over Puget Sound in a Cessna 152 40 years ago and seeing the screen shots bring back memories from that time.

Look very much to your release . look forward to eastern  Washington as well. The east side of Washington is totally different with great charm.I hope that you have the Palouse at

harvest time of year with the amber waves of grain. Ron

Edited by 1849

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

I will post some more shots soon chaps. 

cheers 

Iain 

Never mind "more" shots, I am waiting for your usual statement.....Final Shots:)

• Upvote 3

On 6/6/2019 at 3:05 AM, ducati900ss said:

Really nice - why I like flying photoscenery- are there any shots anywhere from the east side of the Cascades? - flew from Ephrata in the 1999 Region 8 Soaring competition so know that landscape really well. I do hope Orbx can find a way to do TE BC - having lived out there for a couple of summers.

Off topic but that is the plane in your profile picture?

My hometown, right there.  Kelso, WA.

My high school, the courthouse where my mom worked for years, those two bridges I've cross a thousand times.... everything just like I remember it.  Just perfect. 

Really enjoyed these shots, like I got a free visit back home for a day.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

My hometown, right there.  Kelso, WA.

My high school, the courthouse where my mom worked for years, those two bridges I've cross a thousand times.... everything just like I remember it.  Just perfect. 

Really enjoyed these shots, like I got a free visit back home for a day.

Hmmmm. Kelso High School has a decent sized stand on the sports field. Might be worth a specific POI (in a future service pack ...)

12 hours ago, Byron Farrow said:

Hmmmm. Kelso High School has a decent sized stand on the sports field. Might be worth a specific POI (in a future service pack ...)

It does.  Half the town is there on Friday nights for home games.

Actually it is just to the left, out of view, in that last shot.  But it would be really cool as a POI.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, Ripcord said:

It does.  Half the town is there on Friday nights for home games.

Actually it is just to the left, out of view, in that last shot.  But it would be really cool as a POI.

Well, got the school:

1983841394_KelsoHighSchool.thumb.png.312cfb163006f86a3d34154c82308e3b.png

Wow.  Sure enough, looks like the place.  

Byron, it is very tall, however, like twice the height above ground that it should be.  I would imagine this was done on purpose?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ripcord said:

I would imagine this was done on purpose?

Yep, it will be the correct height, we add an extra larger basement area to the POIs that is underground so they fit on the mesh better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, tonywob said:

Yep, it will be the correct height, we add an extra larger basement area to the POIs that is underground so they fit on the mesh better. 

That is what I thought.  Important to have a nice solid foundation!

Wow.  I really cannot believe you made my high school as a POI.  Now you have to do Hilander stadium...

On 6/12/2019 at 11:56 PM, Ripcord said:

That is what I thought.  Important to have a nice solid foundation!

Wow.  I really cannot believe you made my high school as a POI.  Now you have to do Hilander stadium...

259389719_KelsoHighSchool.thumb.png.dfce6a2433b316f1ad38521feb8fac78.png

Beautiful scenery and screen shots Iian! ! Looks like the Columbia River, I would be interested in knowing which area these screen shots were taken from in the TE Washington scenery as I live in Oregon not far south of the Columbia river and am looking forward to being able to purchase this TE Scenery!

13 hours ago, McCloud9 said:

Beautiful scenery and screen shots Iian! ! Looks like the Columbia River, I would be interested in knowing which area these screen shots were taken from in the TE Washington scenery as I live in Oregon not far south of the Columbia river and am looking forward to being able to purchase this TE Scenery!

Take a look in the POIs forum, the KMZ file showing the coverage area is there - you may well be in the Washington scenery area depending on how far south of the river you are. If not, Oregon is up next.

2 hours ago, Byron Farrow said:

Take a look in the POIs forum, the KMX file showing the coverage area is there - you may well be in the Washington scenery area depending on how far south of the river you are. If not, Oregon is up next.

Thank you very much for the info Byron!! I will try to find that info, I'm new to the forums and learning my way around here but I'll search for it. I do think I saw a map of the entire area somewhere, and it did extend into Oregon in places. I found the file quite easily thank you!! Wanted to add that to my reply, thank you very much!

I'm really excited to hear that Oregon will come out next after Washington! I'm not sure how long the process takes but I imagine it would be quite extensive!!!

Don

Edited by McCloud9
Add info

55 minutes ago, McCloud9 said:

Thank you very much for the info Byron!! I will try to find that info, I'm new to the forums and learning my way around here but I'll search for it. I do think I saw a map of the entire area somewhere, and it did extend into Oregon in places. I found the file quite easily thank you!! Wanted to add that to my reply, thank you very much!

I'm really excited to hear that Oregon will come out next after Washington! I'm not sure how long the process takes but I imagine it would be quite extensive!!!

Don

Oregon is not quite as POI intensive as Washington and as our processes improve we should be able to speed up a bit ... no promises but I'm hoping it won't be toooooo long after Washington.

• Like 1

That's great news Byron!!!  In the mean time I'm happy to fly north of the Columbia river and in the gorge as soon as that Washington is released I'll be on the look out for that! Thank you for all the hard work you are doing and for the information, I have a lot to learn as a new guy to the sim!

• Upvote 1