Jordan Gough

Australia V2 - Melbourne Cityscape Showcase

Absolutely brilliant. I've only visited Melbourne once in 2011 so many of the buildings are new to me, but I still remember the overall look of the city from the viewpoint on top of the Eureka tower and your representation is absolutely spot on. Could you please post some screenshots of  Flinders Street Station and St Kilda? I'd love to see how those look in the simulator. 

Thanks and cheers, 

Fabian 

• Like 1

I've lost count of the of the number of times I've been to Melbourne, but I 

must say. These shots outdo any postcard, and the city looks very clean. 

Even the Yarra.:D

Great job.

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1

will this be as hard on the system as gold coast?. still on FSX with a 5 yr old pc( not sure about when upgrading), so wondering

• Like 2

Absolutely stunning detail. It speaks of a high level of pride in your beautiful city and professionalism in everyone's work.

• Like 1

Yep, agree with everyone. Just stunning. Would be nice to see Spirit of Tasmania berthed as it is most days and somehow have a crowd at the MCG. Your dreamin Bernie!!

• Like 1

How very , very , very wonderful .

Well done ORBX  , and well done to all the guys associated with it's creation .

It really is absolutely stunning !

Nice set of shots in this showcase .

The first shot was nostalgic , many years ago I flew a Piper Warrior in the Battle of Britain Dawn Patrol .

About 208 aircraft participated in the Dawn Patrol , it was still dark when we departed Moorabbin  , flew to Pt Ormond , then down St Kilda Rd

over the Shrine of Rememberance , turned at Princess bridge , flew down the Yarra river to West Gate bridge , then to Avalon , and then 

completed a complete circuit of Port Phillip bay terminating back at Moorabbin .

My 3 passengers on that flight were elderly gents who each had been pilots in Bomber Command in WWII .

Cheers

Karol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BernieFlyer said:

Would be nice to see Spirit of Tasmania berthed as it is most days and somehow have a crowd at the MCG. Your dreamin Bernie!!

Thanks for the update, Jordan. It's gorgeous!

Said it before and I'll say it again, this is incredible!
The level of intricate detail makes me feel like I'm back there. I like the season switcher for the MCG, a nice touch.
Well done!

Not being an Aussie I can still say this meets and exceeds all my expectations.  I can't believe how nice these look,  the moment this is released I buy it!

• Like 3

Fabulous, Not the Melbourne I remember as I have not see it since the 1970's. The city has gone ahead in leaps and bounds since then..and thankfully, Orbx have brought us right up to date..Terry.

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful! The best thing is to see the passion you have for your home city and your ability to express it in your artwork here! you should be proud! I can't wait to see it in the sim!

• Like 1

With this level of incredible detail I will really throw my toys out of the cot if the

roof on the Rod Laver tennis arena doesn't close when it rains:rollmyeyes:

Kevin 

• Haha 3

Oh gosh  This looks so real ,  No need anymore  to fly  down there to visit, I stay right at my desk  and  enjoy the same  scenery. This v2  will  just be incredible for many years to come 

Absolutely fantastic, this is an ORBX True Earth representation. Btw, you said Melbourne is the second most liveable city in the world. Which is in your opinion the first? Sydney? I know that around 10 years ago my hometown "Münster" in Germany was voted to take the top spot :):)

33 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Absolutely fantastic, this is an ORBX True Earth representation. Btw, you said Melbourne is the second most liveable city in the world. Which is in your opinion the first? Sydney? I know that around 10 years ago my hometown "Münster" in Germany was voted to take the top spot :):)

Vienna took the top spot a couple of years ago, Melbourne was number one for 7 years running. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

18 hours ago, teecee said:

Fabulous, Not the Melbourne I remember as I have not see it since the 1970's. The city has gone ahead in leaps and bounds since then

It sure has Terry.  It seems like every month there are three new highrise office or apartment buildings going up.

On 5/29/2019 at 10:09 AM, capt sl said:

will this be as hard on the system as gold coast?. still on FSX with a 5 yr old pc( not sure about when upgrading), so wondering

I ask myself the same question. Seeing the amount of objects, how are the FPS? We've recently seen that beautiful scenery comes with a cost.

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic Jordan and the rest of the ORBX team!!

Its all there and it looks just great.

Oh racecourses?

Once again congratulations, cannot wait.

cheers

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:09 PM, capt sl said:

2 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

I ask myself the same question. Seeing the amount of objects, how are the FPS? We've recently seen that beautiful scenery comes with a cost.

Initial tests have shown very little negative impact on performance with the Melbourne CityScene.  Compared to "default" ORBX Melbourne the impact has been measured by several tests to be about 1 - 2 FPS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Initial tests have shown very little negative impact on performance with the Melbourne CityScene.  Compared to "default" ORBX Melbourne the impact has been measured by several tests to be about 1 - 2 FPS.

Is that with sliders at recommended settings, or max? I had phenomenal performance from my little GTX 1060 with all autogen maxed out in v1 Melbourne. I upgraded to a 1080 thinking Melbourne was gonna take a big hit with all the extra detail, dynamic lighting, etc..

38 minutes ago, patful said:

Is that with sliders at recommended settings, or max? I had phenomenal performance from my little GTX 1060 with all autogen maxed out in v1 Melbourne. I upgraded to a 1080 thinking Melbourne was gonna take a big hit with all the extra detail, dynamic lighting, etc..

The tests were carried out with autogen and scenery density sliders set to maximum.  They were comparative tests in any case, so the settings remained the same when testing with and without CityScene Melbourne enabled.

• Thanks 1

Holy smokes, I've been to Melbourne ten years ago and yet don't remember the CBD this crowded. Either it was because I was struggling with the left hand traffic too much or because you had construction boom down there.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

sounds encouraging. thanks for the info

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:38 AM, teecee said:

Fabulous, Not the Melbourne I remember as I have not see it since the 1970's. The city has gone ahead in leaps and bounds since then..and thankfully, Orbx have brought us right up to date..Terry.

Yep it's pretty much spot on Terry

Don

Aaaahh, Melbourne on the Yarra River, used to be known as the only city with a river where the bottom floats on the top, when I lived there. Yep it was pretty brown. Great preview thanks.

Don