Jump to content
Mark Abdey

TrueEarth US Washington - Various

Recommended Posts

Mark,

These are fantastic.  Is your signature spec still current at i5 2500k etc?........If so, this is terrific for us users with lower spec PCs.

 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Torchy821 said:

Mark,

These are fantastic.  Is your signature spec still current at i5 2500k etc?........If so, this is terrific for us users with lower spec PCs.

 

Kev

 

 

Hi Kev... Yes, the specs listed are current, and I'm getting superb performance over all the TE packages. My main constraint is output resolution which is 1080p but thats still delivers a clean image with decent levels of AA as you can see. All the shots are taken with the settings I use to fly and are not bumped-up for the screens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having been so impressed by your creations from TE GB I was expecting you to do a great job with TE WA, but these are even better than I had imagined. Fantastic!

And I'm happy that I was able to help...  :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like your compositions. Most screen shots focus too much on the plane when the plane is in the shot but your series gives the feeling of flight with having the plane in the shot while creating a focus more on the overall environment. It just gives a different scale to the world below, a bigger more vast one.

Edited by Kilstorm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

 

 

Hi Kev... Yes, the specs listed are current, and I'm getting superb performance over all the TE packages. My main constraint is output resolution which is 1080p but thats still delivers a clean image with decent levels of AA as you can see. All the shots are taken with the settings I use to fly and are not bumped-up for the screens.

Thanks Mark - that s great news.

 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are incredible shots, Mark! Not only is TE gorgeous, but your settings are dialed in perfectly. I love the compositions, too; anyone who loves the dynamic diagonal is a friend of mine! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stunning set Mark, you have got me saving money to buy xp11 and TE Washington

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic, thanks for sharing, would it be possible to say what sky textures and environment software you are using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

xVision is used in all shots, using one of my own presets.

Excellent shots. Would you mind sharing your preset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely fabulous shots Mark.

Where can we find your latest xVision preset?!

Also, what cloud/weather settings do you use?

Edited by cyberpilot
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing shots Mark , congrats to you for being back on the team . :):)

 

Cheers

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing Mark, we have arrived, the lines between sim and reality are blurring.

 

Cheers Jack and yes indeed.

 

20 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

top shelf

 

Thank you Ken.

 

18 hours ago, Mark Halliwell said:

Having been so impressed by your creations from TE GB I was expecting you to do a great job with TE WA, but these are even better than I had imagined. Fantastic!

And I'm happy that I was able to help...  :smile:

 

Very nice of you to say so Mark :)

 

17 hours ago, Kilstorm said:

I really like your compositions. Most screen shots focus too much on the plane when the plane is in the shot but your series gives the feeling of flight with having the plane in the shot while creating a focus more on the overall environment. It just gives a different scale to the world below, a bigger more vast one.

 

17 hours ago, Traveller said:

Fantastic shots Mark.;)
Excellent angles with great sense of immersion.

I loved all those sights.

 

Thank you, this is very immersive scenery.

 

16 hours ago, Bill Womack said:

These are incredible shots, Mark! Not only is TE gorgeous, but your settings are dialed in perfectly. I love the compositions, too; anyone who loves the dynamic diagonal is a friend of mine! :)

 

:D Ah, the good old Dutch angles... or something similar.  Thanks Bill, I'm delighted you like the caps.

 

16 hours ago, Taph said:

Stunning set Mark, you have got me saving money to buy xp11 and TE Washington

 

Cheers Taph... scrape those pennies together, it'll be well worth it :)

 

16 hours ago, Mooze said:

Fantastic, thanks for sharing, would it be possible to say what sky textures and environment software you are using?

 

Cheers... In these I am using Vivid Sky for cloud and sky textures, which you can dl for free at x-plane.org.

 

14 hours ago, renault said:

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

 

 

Thank you Renault.

 

14 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Can you guys please stop teasing us :D:D

 

No! :lol:

 

14 hours ago, paulk said:

Great shots

 

any chance you can share your C vision presets and settings etc - please 

 

Hi Paul... the xV preset is basically the same as the one linked here... I'm constantly making changes though, although mostly minor tweaks.

Mark Abdey XPXV1.7.xvs

 

12 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi Mark thank you for beautiful shots.

Cheers

Karoly

 

Cheers Karoly

 

12 hours ago, Caluma65 said:

These are sensational.  Cheers,

 

Calum

 

Thank Calum.

 

11 hours ago, Mike707 said:

Excellent shots. Would you mind sharing your preset?

 

Hi Mike... added a few post above :)

 

11 hours ago, cyberpilot said:

Absolutely fabulous shots Mark.

Where can we find your latest xVision preset?!

Also, what cloud/weather settings do you use?

 

Hi Cyber... see a few posts above :)  I'm using my own weather themes, rather than external apps.

 

6 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

I'm sure you've all heard it before, but "Shut up and take my money..."

 

I'm sure the devs are happy to hear it again :D

 

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Amazing shots Mark , congrats to you for being back on the team . :):)

 

 

Thank you John :)

 

3 hours ago, BobT said:

Spectacular!

 

Cheers, it truly is.

 

3 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Grand set of shots indeed...Can’t wait to explore this amazing scenery :)

 

Thanks Capt... You will love it!.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulk said:

Thanks for Presets you are most kind.

 

Have you or any one tried X Vision-125 yet?

Yes. Works absolutely fine. No issues at all on 11.33r2

Cheers

R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark is this the stock PNW or are you using a particular preset?  the reason I ask is while the urban areas are very good the rest seems overly contrasty and colors, especially reds and green s appear over saturated.  I live smack dab in the middle of this area and, while geographically very accurate, it appears a little garish.  Not aimed at you specifically, the other shooters show similar results.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Mark is this the stock PNW or are you using a particular preset?  the reason I ask is while the urban areas are very good the rest seems overly contrasty and colors, especially reds and green s appear over saturated.  I live smack dab in the middle of this area and, while geographically very accurate, it appears a little garish.  Not aimed at you specifically, the other shooters show similar results.  

 

Hi OND... I'm using an xVision preset in all the shots, and the colouration in these presets is to my taste, although that might not be 100% accurate for the area, which I personally don't know.... and I do like my colours to have a little 'pop'......  It is quite possible to take things the other way if required and tune the settings to match your own expectations and taste.  It should also be noted most of the shots are taken with a fairly low sun angle which exaggerates colour and contrast somewhat.

 

You are a very lucky man to live in such an amazingly scenic part of the world :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh my word, please please stop showing these shots...my head can't take it anymore.....they look fantastic....need this out as I am now wanting to fly somewhere else besides the UK.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

 

Hi OND... I'm using an xVision preset in all the shots, and the colouration in these presets is to my taste, although that might not be 100% accurate for the area, which I personally don't know.... and I do like my colours to have a little 'pop'......  It is quite possible to take things the other way if required and tune the settings to match your own expectations and taste.  It should also be noted most of the shots are taken with a fairly low sun angle which exaggerates colour and contrast somewhat.

 

You are a very lucky man to live in such an amazingly scenic part of the world :)

Thanks for that.  Looking forward to the release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark your shots are brilliant

 

Please please please would anyone have a minute or two spare to upload some pictures of Vancouver Island (Victoria) and the Gulf Islands.

 

Thanks to anyone you replies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy to see these results & hear your feedback on lower-end PC's. Cannot wait until release day's finally here! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...