Thanks Iain

What about Fall City and Israel's farm areas, pls? :rolleyes:

See what I can do tomorrow for you.

cheers

Iain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that both Narrows Bridges show up in more recent videos but these shots only show the original... well not the original but the one which replaced the original after it fell down before I was born. Around 1940 I think. Reference the YouTube videos on "Galloping Gertie". Also in the Tacoma "North End" (the area immediately South of Point Defiance Park and extending several miles South from there) the streets appear to be running NW to SE & NE to SW (diagonal) but those streets run North to South & West to East. Is this a case of you using an earlier beta version? I hope.

Thanks for the shots! :)

PS - KTIW looks great in these shots!

Edited by twsimfan

There are two bridges there in the screenshots, and they're the correct colors as well.  I am not familiar enough with the orientation of the roads near Point Defiance to tell you if those are correct/incorrect.

Great shots Iain as ever but what I need to know now from the people who know the area, what airports are in that area. Now know Vashon  

is one which I haven’t got yet I don’t think. How many others are there. I expect that Orbx have updated some of the airports but the stand alone ones are probably better, not sure. Now how the hell did I do that. Dam iPad. Thanks guys for any help. Derek.

Just seen that Vashon Airfield Is freeware so I will have that but then my brain kicked in and I thought but Vashon has not been done for Xplane. Silly me. I will keep taking the pills. :lol:. Derek.

1 hour ago, HamSammich said:

Forgive the ignorance, I couldn't find word anywhere, but do you plan to do Vashon municipal  and Wax Orchards?

Marshall

Vashon Muni is a freeware airport for FSX/P3D and it will ultimately be ported to XP.

• Like 1

What's so cool..is that it doesn't look like the typical Xplane environment anymore but blending more toward a P3D look on steroids.  Clearly....literately, this will be a purchase for me  and a gateway to really get into GA /VFR flying.  As similarly shared above, that last shot is special and over sold me on this product.  Can say I'm entirely pleased, as I only wished that my P3D could show and perform in the way xplane does....but that's why I brought Xplane too.....

Thank you Orbx for helping me keep xplane out of the hangar

Beautiful work 

22 hours ago, John Venema said:

Vashon Muni is a freeware airport for FSX/P3D and it will ultimately be ported to XP.

Bravo! A unique airport on a unique island.

Separate question: Why is it that the grasses in your P3D products resemble the real thing, whereas in X-Plane, e.g. Oceano, they look like cross-hatched hair plugs on a middle-aged grinch? Is there a technical obstacle to creating volumetric greenery in XP, or a performance hit, or something? I mainly use XP, and rare is the scenery, Bella Coola and Propstrike's stuff are the only two that spring to mind, that do it well.

Great to see Vashon!  I have many fond memories of starting at Darrington and using VORs and pilotage to get to vashon.  I remember thinking how accurate everything was and now

look where we are!  Thanks for posting.