Ben McClintock

announcement Introducing Orbx Central: Easy Installation, For Everyone

I would be interested in making use of the new addon feature which allows the user to put files outside of the root sim. Once a user has updated to the new Orbx Central, can the user move addons already installed in the sim to an outside folder or only newly installed addons after the new Central will be allowed?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Kilstorm said:

Once a user has updated to the new Orbx Central, can the user move addons already installed in the sim to an outside folder or only newly installed addons after the new Central will be allowed?

On each product page there'll be a little button to migrate the product to a library:

image.png

A "migrate all" feature is on our list, but might not make it in before release ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 4

This sounds perfect. The best part for me is being able to allocate installs to different drives.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DragoB said:

Hello, may I implement a suggestion for central perhaps? Could you include a map overview of your airports in for example europe and some scenery coverage? Many of us, when we are flying and buying airports like to see what our possible destinations and departures could be for all our freeware/payware. This would help immensely and even probably get you more of the green ;)

SimStarter can create such a Google Earth map for all your installed airports.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DragoB said:

Hello, may I implement a suggestion for central perhaps? Could you include a map overview of your airports in for example europe and some scenery coverage? Many of us, when we are flying and buying airports like to see what our possible destinations and departures could be for all our freeware/payware. This would help immensely and even probably get you more of the green ;)

It's a good idea! We've been working to get a comprehensive product map integrated into Central. We'll have more to show soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

SimStarter can create such a Google Earth map for all your installed airports.

Kind regards, Michael

yeah, but I want ORBX airport map when buying airports ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

It's a good idea! We've been working to get a comprehensive product map integrated into Central. We'll have more to show soon!

well done mate!

6 minutes ago, DragoB said:

yeah, but I want ORBX airport map when buying airports ;)

Yep, that would be certainly a bright idea.

Kind regards, Michael

With the multi sim installer and the library , If you have current airports in the old ftx library .

Will it recognize you have paid twice for each platform .

How does that part work, because now you have 2 separate accounts(so to say) when you log in to choose sim.

Edit , I think i just found my answer . the little drop down menu on the upper left selects sim ..

Application sent also, will be moving my sims to different drives and library's to another , that should test it out .

Edited by VH-EEE
Realization

Awesome work devs. thank you! Application sent, and I have a gazillion things to buy, specially all Australian airports in anticipation of the new AU v2 plus some other stuff

7 minutes ago, VH-EEE said:

With the multi sim installer and the library , If you have current airports in the old ftx library .

Will it recognize you have paid twice for each platform .

How does that part work, because now you have 2 separate accounts(so to say) when you log in to choose sim.

Hi EEE,

I don't fully understand the question here, sorry.

Similar to FTX Central 3, if you own the P3D version of a product - it's a separate license to the X-Plane version. You only need to log in once with your OrbxDirect account. Central will choose the appropriate version based on which simulator you select.

If you are in X-Plane mode, it will recognise your purchase of Orbx's X-Plane products. Similarly, if you are in P3D (or FSX) mode, it will recognise that you have purchased the FSX/P3D version of those products.

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything in particular.

You can also now switch simulators inside Central without restarting Central, using our built-in simulator switcher :)

image.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes thanks , I did realize this after posting and edited . top work been waiting for this . so simple and easy it seams. outside the sim is a massive bonus .

Love all the improvements, great job!

I will, however, miss my beautiful product tiles. The list view is a bit boring and somehow less informative. Maybe you can add a small thumbnails to it?

I also wholeheartedly support the idea of having some kind of built-in map, showing all Orbx products (and highlighting owned/installed)!

I'm using Orbx "Product Map" every time I'm purchasing a new Orbx scenery, but it's so outdated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Have any other language suggestions? Let us know (even better if you can help translate it with us ;)).

Great news! I can help translate for russian. Hope, i get early access.

30 minutes ago, Dmitriy Kozyrev said:

I will, however, miss my beautiful product tiles. The list view is a bit boring and somehow less informative. Maybe you can add a small thumbnails to it?

We have plans for a grid view similar to FTX Central 3. However, that won't be available until after release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I started my FTX Central from my desktop, it seems to be the same Older version?  Do I need to update or install the new one?  Thanks

1 minute ago, prostock said:

I started my FTX Central from my desktop, it seems to be the same Older version?  Do I need to update or install the new one?  Thanks

Hi prostock, this isn't out yet! ;)

Orbx you are the best and I hope that I have a lot of years yet to enjoy my hobby. Thank you. Derek.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The switch over to XML add-ons is excellent news!  With this, once the next P3D point update comes out (assuming there will be one) , I'll only have 2-3 minor scenery products (FSX holdovers) that will need to be partially reinstalled.  A couple minutes, tops.  Another one bites the dust!

(I do still transfer add-on.xml scenery entries into the scenery.cfg however as I find the current layering/sorting implementation to be horrific at best.)

Edited by Sabretooth78

I have put in an app, have tested all the previous versions. Think I would like to test out a complete re-install of P3DV4, with my almost complete library of Orbx,. Looking forward to this. If I get selected of course!

So I just ordered a 2TB M2 Samsung SSD so that I can start to add TE series to my Orbx collection now that we can start to use the addon.xml method.

What about those who are already using the current installer and have already installed global, vector, LCs, regions and airports using it? After Orbx central is released, will they be able to use it to move global, vector, LCs, regions and airports out of P3D root folder and place them into whichever location they like? or will they have to remove global, vector, LCs, regions and airports manually by hand, uninstall the ftx installer and install Orbx central to do so?

• Upvote 2

I use a symbolic link for ORBX in P3DV4. What would I need to do when ORBX Central is released? Would I have to get rid of the symbolic link or will the application do all of that for me? Thanks

Edited by Nikhil Kumar

That is QUITE the list of new and enhanced features for the new 'Central'...this will be a great update, Orbx developers, and another testament to the wonderful customer service that Orbx is all about. 

Edited by Sniper31
  • Like 1

Ich habe Aerofly FS2, und habe alle ORBX Produkte über Steam gekauft.

Sind die ORBX Produkte von Steam, jetzt auch im neue FTX Central registriert ,um Updates zu bekommen.???????????

No Englisch:(

ORBX,ein Traum.:)

MFG Enrico

1 hour ago, Dust2Dust said:

What about those who are already using the current installer and have already installed global, vector, LCs, regions and airports using it? After Orbx central is released, will they be able to use it to move global, vector, LCs, regions and airports out of P3D root folder and place them into whichever location they like? or will they have to remove global, vector, LCs, regions and airports manually by hand, uninstall the ftx installer and install Orbx central to do so?

Would like to know as well. Would be nice with a feature to convert from root installation to add-on method.

As the new Central incorporates the store function, how about including the capability to make additional purchases of a product under one account?  I would prefer to purchase one copy of a product, install it on my system and evaluate it before purchasing additional copies.  I have six copies of FTX AU in my Orbx account, as it was possible to buy additional copies of the software in one account when The Flight Sim Store was the Orbx vendor.

8 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Don't speak English? That's okay! At launch, we will be offering the main Central UI in German and French too! Have any other language suggestions? Let us know (even better if you can help translate it with us ;)).

I already sent the application, by the way I can help with the Spanish translation :)