Turned on the PC this morning, big shock.....my drive 'E' is showing as empty, however on looking at PC Properties there is over 400gig of stuff including all my P3D files...not sure what to do, gone through a few recommendations online but still nothing there, I have always had it set to 'show hidden files ' so it's not that....my drive with XP11 is ok......could it be a faulty or failing drive?.....welcome any suggestions you all may have, just so you know my abilities I built the PC so I am mildly tech savvy...

weird thing is that before I went to bed I was thinking about getting a bigger drive for XP11 to cater for the new Washington scenery coming from ORBX, did I just jinx it?

Wayne

thanks Nick, giving the recovery software a try as I have tried the others.....have to see how this goes, here;s hoping it wont require a full install of so much stuff...just concerned it might be failing...

Hello,

it is very easy to replicate this, just by marking all the folders as hidden,

please double check that this has not happened.

View hidden items ticked would make them reappear.

1.jpg

• Thanks 1

thanks Nick, tried all that, sadly the recovery software only found deleted items and I always show hidden files.., not sure what's gone on....now formatted the drive and decision now is should I buy a new one or reuse this one....

thanks for youer input @Nick Cooper it was greatly appreciated...

I have bit the bullet and bought 2 new 4tb hdds, one for XP and one for P3D and Steam....

Done a full repair on windows whilst I am at it, now begins the long job of downloading and installing...

Wayne

• Thanks 1