Jump to content
Jarrad Marshall

announcement Australia V2 for P3D and FSX: Official Announcement!

Recommended Posts

Have FSX with the Orbx AU amongst other sceneries.

 

Still waiting for an update/new version of Canberra as this is the Capital city of Australia, and in my opinion a the most  important

airport which many people are waiting for a very long time. !!

A new Perth airport is already available on Simmarket, but not tested with Orbx, so also a pity that Orbx  didn't do this airport because

they are  important in your scenery.  Canberra of course is still old version.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, christiaan said:

 so also a pity that Orbx  didn't do this airport because they are  important in your scenery.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a question it might be worthwhile rereading Jarrad's OP----the answer will probably be there   :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, Aussieflyer38 said:

 

We want Melbourne, we want Melbourne:D

You want Melbourne??

You have Melbourne, Essendon, Moorabbin and Avalon. I am flying into a 2006 Microsoft Perth, so I think Perth would be a priority over a revamped Melbourne. And how about Adelaide, Hobart and Darwin?? At least Sydney has the Fly Tampa version on offer. Their are 19 airports along the Eastern Seaboard and only 3 west of the NSW border. I think the rest of Australia deserves a little bit more love, it would make regional and transcontinental flying more enjoyable.

Edited by Lance Arnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lance Arnold said:

You want Melbourne??

You have Melbourne, Essendon, Moorabbin and Avalon. I am flying into a 2006 Microsoft Perth, so I think Perth would be a priority over a revamped Melbourne. And how about Adelaide, Hobart and Darwin?? At least Sydney has the Fly Tampa version on offer. Their are 19 airports along the Eastern Seaboard and only 3 west of the NSW border. I think the rest of Australia deserves a little bit more love, it would make regional and transcontinental flying more enjoyable.

well if  you google  ypph  p3dv4 you  will find  another  dev  has  released   ypph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

well if  you google  ypph  p3dv4 you  will find  another  dev  has  released   ypph

Maybe...... personally I'll wait for the version Jarrad's working on :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I have just come back to Simming  - I can remember the FTX pre colour regions beginning with V 

In resetting my computer - I have re-installed Australia V1 - it seems to have improved in my memory.

Now we see what we have really been waiting for  - a new version 2 - and all the comments seem to be very exciting

 

However - I couldn't find any that makes a compliment on the "Coverage Map" - so here's mine.

I have been searching for something to help me flight plan in a simple way and this might just be what I want for my Australian

intra airport VFRs trips. I wish it had more topographic info - ie it is overlaid on the Satellite map - by using "MY Maps"

 

Also in the side panel  on the airports - the NDB would be useful in addition to the frequencies shown

Nevertheless - combined with this URL I found - https://skyvector.com/airports/Australia/Queensland - just click on an airport for all your VFR needs

 

Because I am one of the 20% of males that are colour blind - My PPL did not allow me to fly class 4 instruments - but I did manage around 500 hours physicaly in 

my PA32 -VH-MVT  around the country - all in VFR - using instruments though - and more hours in much slower A/c in Victoria with the RVAC.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lance Arnold said:

You want Melbourne??

You have Melbourne, Essendon, Moorabbin and Avalon. I am flying into a 2006 Microsoft Perth, so I think Perth would be a priority over a revamped Melbourne. And how about Adelaide, Hobart and Darwin?? At least Sydney has the Fly Tampa version on offer. Their are 19 airports along the Eastern Seaboard and only 3 west of the NSW border. I think the rest of Australia deserves a little bit more love, it would make regional and transcontinental flying more enjoyable.

 

It was a joke Joyce, lighten up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 2:35 PM, JaseJ said:

Thanks mate! Much appreciated :) .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi chaps,

 

I am wondering how performance is, particularly around Melbourne with the new CityScape?  Is it comparable to the present release, or will it be able to be "turned down" if not?

 

Cheers,

Rudy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, Lance Arnold said:

You want Melbourne??

You have Melbourne, Essendon, Moorabbin and Avalon. I am flying into a 2006 Microsoft Perth, so I think Perth would be a priority over a revamped Melbourne. And how about Adelaide, Hobart and Darwin?? At least Sydney has the Fly Tampa version on offer. Their are 19 airports along the Eastern Seaboard and only 3 west of the NSW border. I think the rest of Australia deserves a little bit more love, it would make regional and transcontinental flying more enjoyable.

You have been looking in the freeware thread on this forum. Tonnes of airports covering Australia from OZX. They will be redoing and checking once Australia 2 is done.
We have one of the best covered areas in the world when it comes to airports and now they will all be updated.

 

Cheers Miles

Edited by smiley
Added name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 4:15 PM, John Heaton said:

Although I have just come back to Simming  - I can remember the FTX pre colour regions beginning with V 

In resetting my computer - I have re-installed Australia V1 - it seems to have improved in my memory.

Now we see what we have really been waiting for  - a new version 2 - and all the comments seem to be very exciting

 

However - I couldn't find any that makes a compliment on the "Coverage Map" - so here's mine.

I have been searching for something to help me flight plan in a simple way and this might just be what I want for my Australian

intra airport VFRs trips. I wish it had more topographic info - ie it is overlaid on the Satellite map - by using "MY Maps"

 

Also in the side panel  on the airports - the NDB would be useful in addition to the frequencies shown

Nevertheless - combined with this URL I found - https://skyvector.com/airports/Australia/Queensland - just click on an airport for all your VFR needs

 

Because I am one of the 20% of males that are colour blind - My PPL did not allow me to fly class 4 instruments - but I did manage around 500 hours physicaly in 

my PA32 -VH-MVT  around the country - all in VFR - using instruments though - and more hours in much slower A/c in Victoria with the RVAC.

 

 

 

Having just said all that 4 days ago - in wandering through all that has passed through the forum in the last 6 years of my absence 

I came across   exactly what I asked for in the above blurb - in this from 2012

What are the chances that this can be done again - or updated

I note that the Google is up to date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be so good from what I can see from all the screen shots above , that it almost seems to be unbelievable, it is simply breathtaking, I think a big word of thanks is in order for the team that put it all together, and for all the hard work that obviously has gone into it, from a long time FSX Orbx Aviator, this is just simply the best.

 

regards

 

John MD

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First I need to reinstall my FSX after a system failure. I was wondering what if I bought the steam FSX version instead. Would FTX Central still let me download what I bought for my boxed version and recognise my AU1? (I believe the steam version is more stable).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:13 PM, AOB said:

First I need to reinstall my FSX after a system failure. I was wondering what if I bought the steam FSX version instead. Would FTX Central still let me download what I bought for my boxed version and recognise my AU1? (I believe the steam version is more stable).

 

Buy P3D.... FSX is dead!

Edited by bradmacoz
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From all the screenshots of major cities like Brisbane, Perth and especially Melbourne, there's some great improvements from v1. I haven't seen any shots from Sydney, does that mean it haven't been updated?

In the features, it says it's optimized for use with the latest FTX AI package, which is fine by me, just wondering if I have ai from MAIW installed, if that will collide with the FTX military ai?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jlund said:

From all the screenshots of major cities like Brisbane, Perth and especially Melbourne, there's some great improvements from v1. I haven't seen any shots from Sydney, does that mean it haven't been updated?

 

 

 

 First shot here, 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, bradmacoz said:

 

Buy P3D.... FSX is dead!

I came to the same conclusion Brad. After Graham alluded to this matter in regards to his "AU AI package" being only for P3Dv4 only and he will no longer be doing FSX support, it seems as though FSX titles are being scaled back on ORBx.

I have been running FSX SP2 on a Dual 2.8 for the last 9 years and have come to the realisation that if I wish to have more ORBx scenery, then I have to update my system and the flight sim as well. (I am reliably advised that all my previous FSX titles will easily transfer over to P3D?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I went ahead and bought FSXSE. I then bought and installed Australia V2.0 about 12 hours ago. My first flight was from my local airport Parafield YPPF to Adelaide International YPAD. All I can say is that I am looking forward to a cityscape scenery for Adelaide. A big disappointment, do not go looking for Adelaide oval!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AOB said:

Well I went ahead and bought FSXSE. I then bought and installed Australia V2.0 about 12 hours ago. My first flight was from my local airport Parafield YPPF to Adelaide International YPAD. All I can say is that I am looking forward to a cityscape scenery for Adelaide. A big disappointment, do not go looking for Adelaide oval!

 

They never mentioned any other cityscape being apart of this packaging except for Melbourne so dont know what people expected!!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on this amazing Australia V2. It is awesome. Did my first flight this morning out of Cairns, and now I'm exploring the mars-alike landscape in the anterior from Alice Springs to Ayers Rock passing by Kings Creek. The textures, and the mesh, has completely transformed Australia into a new favourite of mine. Awesome, and so much to explore yet. Congratulations to everyone involved and to JV for deciding on doing this amazing upgrade!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flukey said:

 

They never mentioned any other cityscape being apart of this packaging except for Melbourne so dont know what people expected!!

 

I think folks are expecting continent-wide True Earth or Cityscapes for every major city. It's still landclass, and 32x bigger than the UK. They just might offer that if everyone was willing to pay $3600+ USD. :o Me? I'm happy I got a whole continent for $23. The only thing I ever expect is the Spanish Inquisition.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For $23 what do people expect? Aus2 is a big improvement over the first release...

As far as cityscapes are concerned they  are expensive to produce therefore will be sold separately I would think.. For me, I am happy with anything that improves Aus, and V2 certainly does that, at a very reasonable price. Terry..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juanvito said:

This launched without Emmsie's final shots thread, is that allowed? :D

Yes it was to surprise you all:D:D:D

cheers

Iain

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello what happens with my current V1 and all the ADDONS  VOZx airorts and others etc and other scenery installed like warragamba dam , pine gap , plus my detailed ORBX airports etc ? Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Nick I'll save you the trouble!

 

Use FTX Central

Uninstall AU v1 & Holgermesh first

VOZx airports? I assume you mean OZx see Flukeys post in Community Scenery

Work in progress to update  Orbx payware fields 

 

All the above IS covered in numerous other posts

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, Jarrad Marshall said:

Thanks guys, there are still a couple of things the guys want to tweak with Sydney before we show that off. Fear not though, these shots are only a tiny taste of what this scenery includes; we'll be posting plenty more pics over the coming weeks :)

Hi Jarrad,
   Could some kind soul please tweak around the AWA building and tower (near Wynyard Sydney CBD).
It currently is sadly buried inside a not-true building. Also, it (the AWA building) is not aligned correctly to the street it's on. I think York St?. i.e. needs rotating. But probably in the correct spot.
Really looking forward to Sydney when ready. Ummm the Opera House, is that a new one?. I'm not sure it looks as nice as the Oz v1 one?. Is it's helipad still there?.
Will the ferry terminals be done?.
Many thanks to all those involved in all this work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bruce e said:

Oh Nick I'll save you the trouble!

 

Use FTX Central

Uninstall AU v1 & Holgermesh first

VOZx airports? I assume you mean OZx see Flukeys post in Community Scenery

Work in progress to update  Orbx payware fields 

 

All the above IS covered in numerous other posts


Hi Bruce,
   I didn't know I had to uninstall the Holgermesh, or was that not necessary in my case (FSX) ?
I have a helipad in Melbourne on the river slightly askew, and in Deniliquin (so far) a tyre and a couple of sheep out on the roadway at the end of a runway. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Noel B. said:


Hi Bruce,
   I didn't know I had to uninstall the Holgermesh, or was that not necessary in my case (FSX) ?
I have a helipad in Melbourne on the river slightly askew, and in Deniliquin (so far) a tyre and a couple of sheep out on the roadway at the end of a runway. :)

 

Noel, sounds like lamb to the slaughter.

Yes you need to uninstall Holger as v2 comes with its own new more accurate mesh

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Bruce. Am currently slowly working my way through Flukey's list. Have posted a Word doc of same; as an aid to ticking off as-I-go.
Each airstrip one tick when done, 2nd tick when confirmed ok with a test in FSX (my case).
Have replied to David's message re Whitsunday 'missing' airstrips. Pointed him to Flukey's post etc.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many payware airports have been checked for full compatibility with Australia V 2.0?

Just checking since after I installed a few payware airports I have noticed some scenery errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick, this link leads to a closed thread where it is written that more information will follow "the next weekend". This was written on Sunday, 16th of June, means the "next weekend" is already past us and no information was provided. Just that you are aware...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. That is the latest update on the subject.

As there is apparently room for misunderstanding, the next post has a slightly more detailed answer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boogus said:

How many payware airports have been checked for full compatibility with Australia V 2.0?

Just checking since after I installed a few payware airports I have noticed some scenery errors.

 

Please see page 7 of the Australia v2 User Guide and then post 279 of this topic.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the  new Australian scenery.  I am impressed that you have shown our Port Macquarie airport as it will be - while it is only half built. BUT I have just flown up the coast from Marimbula NSW YMER) to Nowra  (SNW) and I noticed some of the coastal houses at (around) Ulladulla are floating offshore in the Pacific.   Surely the sea level ain't rising that fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...