Jarrad Marshall

announcement Australia V2 for P3D and FSX: Official Announcement!

Ah ! This is getting to be very interesting ----- looking forward to comparing Dubbo, Narrowmine & Parkes when AU v2 comes out.

Lovely jubley!!!

Wow! Just Wow! First off, what a remarkable announcement post just to kick this whole thing off....great work on that alone Jarrad! And what an All-Star Orbx team working on this scenery package....my oh my! As many other, the original AUS Orbx packages were my first foray into FTX land and they hooked me from the very first flight. This is an AMAZING looking return to Orbx roots and I am excited indeed. I still fly in the current FTX AUS packages, which I love, so this V2 scenery is going to be an absolute blast! And, thanks for the 40% discount to boot for previous Orbx AUS purchasers! Can't wait for this one...

• Like 3

Amazing work, and so cheap..I don't know how they did it for the price..particularly when it's the whole of Aus in one hit.. I Remember the  first  release was in sections.

What an incredible scenery.. Bring it on. Terry.

Woohoo, Orbx is back finally! An announcement that amazes me. And for a discounted price, wow. It's looking awesome, the annoucement in itself is almost a work of art. Now I have to think about some cross country flights...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Flukey said:

Flightsim being an old engine still see's it as YBMC unfortunately, there is a work around by creating a dummy afcad named YBMC then creating YBSU which I did for my OZx sunshine coast scenery but it also means you have to update a lot of Ai flightplans if you use Ai as they still use the old YBMC..

Same reason why Coffs harbour is YSCH rather then YCFS in flightsim

8 hours ago, mrd0ct0r said:

Outstanding. Absolutely 1st day upgrade for me.

But since it's my home strip, gonna speak up for it. Not sure if your interactive map is out of date (the 'google maps thing') but Sunshine Coast Airport changed from YBMC -> YBSU long ago.

I also think that it's impossible to remove an existing default airport from the FSX / P3D database completely. If you create a new airport with the correct ICAO code the old one will still appear on the ATC airport selection screen, the navigation map, the GPS and so on. Most developers obviously think it's better to keep the old code rather than having to interfering codes in the scenery. 

Edit : And for the scenery itself, day one purchase for me, too. I love Australia and this new iteration clearly shows that the large scale landclass approach interspersed with small photoreal areas for scenery creation can still vastly improve your flying experience, despite the True Earth product line becoming the new standard for ORBX at the moment. 

Edited by fabs79

12 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Thanks guys, there are still a couple of things the guys want to tweak with Sydney before we show that off. Fear not though, these shots are only a tiny taste of what this scenery includes; we'll be posting plenty more pics over the coming weeks :)

Hi Jarrad

Question as I didn't see this in the FAQ and it is one many people could ask

Is Fly Tampa Sydney compatible yet with Australia v2 or did you make a Sydney airport yourselves among those 500 airports?

Thanks

Carlos

Show some Sydney.Whats happening with Bankstown Airport??.Oh ok.Just saw the message before mine.LOL..

Edited by coully

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Jarrad

Question as I didn't see this in the FAQ and it is one many people could ask

Is Fly Tampa Sydney compatible yet with Australia v2 or did you make a Sydney airport yourselves among those 500 airports?

Thanks

Carlos

An incompatibility is a no-go.

Thank you ORBX. Looks overwhelmingly brilliant. I hope YMHB gets some sort of update to go with YMLT.

A big thanks for the discount as well. I still have my AU disk from the early days. Of course it just gathers dust but I cannot bring myself to throw it out.

Bernie

6 hours ago, Almedin said:

Awesome! Is FPS better than v1 in P3Dv4?

I'm sure we'd be looking at FPS equivalent to the newer ORBX products. E.g. KSAN, Santa Barbara etc. which are all excellent.

V1 of Australia was the first ever ORBX product so there wasn't as much knowledge on performance/quality techniques at the time. 

• Thanks 2

Wow, that is fantastic news, have been waiting for years for this update.

And it now has Tooradin Airport included and many many other great improvements.

Thank you very much.

WOW I see Kalgoorlie/Boulder is just fantastic my major airport

Thanks ORBX team for all your hard work

I will be buying on the day of release can't wait:D:D:D

Thanks Jarrad

I've always greatly enjoyed Ausv1, but with this release, I can see I'll be heading back sooner than anticipated. Great work, I'm certainly ready to explore what appears to be an outstanding upgrade.

Brilliant!!!  I am most excited about the additional upgraded airports - the one drawback to the original AU was that, with such a massive land area to cover, the landscape at times felt a bit empty for VFR flight even with the OZx add-ons, because you might have significant distances between the payware Orbx airports.  This will make exploring the landscape even more interesting!

Might have to complete my collection of Orbx AU airports in preparation during the May sale 8)

Jarrad mate I'm in but a question for the moment from me is i have FLY TAMPA SYDNEY will there be a problem with this ? Thanks

You should have learnt by now that an Aimee "Soon" means "Mañana", as we say here in Spain and that means "some time in the future",

so put it on your Christmas wish list. :D :rolleyes:

Jack

the Swede in Spain

This looks tremendous!!!

One small step for man.....one GIANT leap from ORBX.  Cheers,

Calum

1 hour ago, JJJackson said:

You should have learnt by now that an Aimee "Soon" means "Mañana", as we say here in Spain and that means "some time in the future",

so put it on your Christmas wish list. :D :rolleyes:

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Sorry Jack, I can't agree with this definition by you. I turn 70 tomorrow and Christmas is too late! It has to be released in May!^-^

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, paddler said:

Sorry Jack, I can't agree with this definition by you. I turn 70 tomorrow and Christmas is too late! It has to be released in May!^-^

Well I´m 74 in August, so I have given up my hopes. :( 

Jack

• Haha 2

I think it's fair to say that high capacity hard disk sales will be on the up this summer.  It looks superb Jarrad and great work by the team and the fact that it covers the whole of Oz is a bonus.

Jarrad, your responses will, I am sure , mean that us lot are even keener to get our hands on this. I hope the FPS can be reasonable for those who have middle power systems. My 1060 and 4790K @ 4.6 ghz are just good enough at the intensive airports but I am sure you will be making this as efficient as possible.

Bernie

Wonder, is possibly you’ll be doing Newcastle airport including Williamstown airforce base?

cheers

Again a very impressive realisation from Jarrad and the team to please us with 'as real as it gets' marvelous scenery. Looking forward to the release and will happely fly again

in the well known areas from v1 but via the v2 with more exciting real-looking areas of Cities, Coasts, Mountains and other inland goodies. I reserved already enough SSD-place... 

Edited by ikbenik

1 hour ago, JaseJ said:

Wonder, is possibly you’ll be doing Newcastle airport including Williamstown airforce base?

cheers

Looks like Williamtown Military is listed on the first page map.

Edited by patful
  • Like 1