Jump to content
Jack the Swede in Spain

Having EVERY ORBX scenery ever released.

Recommended Posts

Hi again.

 

Curious as usual. I wonder how many of us own EVERY ORBX scenery ever released! I have been an ORBX customer more or less since day 1 and own every single scenery, what about you? I alwatys pity myself for not having the patience to wait until a sale, but that is my problem. I am very thankful to ORBX that I at least can use the "old goats" discount. :D

 

Have a nice Easter all of you.

 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Edited by JJJackson
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a question what means "every". As a precondition to have "every" offer, you should run four sims, i.e. FSX, Prepar3d, X-Plane, and AeroflyFS  (there are FSX-only releases like the planes and Prepar3d-only releases like the recent TEs).

 

Concerning myself, I own all the FSX/Prepar3d and AeroflyFS releases. I also own all XP GB sceneries but will wait with buying the North American/Oceania releases until proper regions will be available as a background for now (despite I know how to get or make ortho sceneries).

 

I got probably half of the sceneries during various sales. And yes, I enjoy being an old goat, too.:D

 

Kind regards, Michael

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PMB, what I mean is every scenery, regardless of sim (P3D, XP or...), like 90 for P3D + 20 for XP + ? for ?? = ALL ORBX releases.

I myself have everything released for P3D, including freeware.

 

Tried to make a poll but.... 

 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the North America regions, and all airports within those regions. I find making this my "home" in the sim saves me money and lets me appreciate the scenery more. I wouldn't have the time to fully explore every Orbx airport and scenery area in the world. Keeping up with NA is more than enough.

 

P3D is my primary sim, but I own a few X-Plane and AFS2 products too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the land class regions, all the global products, all the North America airports, a good portion of Oceania and a lot of Europe. All for P3DV4.

 

Greg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have a good number still to go and think I started with Orbx from when they first started. Plus I was going to put this in a post. I’m hoping that there will be an Easter sale on maybe.:D. The trouble is I’m also into FSP shooters. With the likes of Farcry and Crisis. Have played them all and now with The Division series, plus I can hold my own even though I am 76. Anyway enough of them. Easter Sale anybody. Derek.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some well-known faces around :)

 

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I have them all for P3D and XP.  Money well spent in my opinion.

Definitely money well spent. I do have a fair few like all the regions and quite a few airports. I’m needing, think the last time I counted was about 50 mainly for America and just in the last few months I’ve been buying for  Xplane and have them all apart from the Australian one and the one for, forgot what it’s called, where they used to film all the old cowboy films. Derek.

Edited by Dadtom65
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all of the NA American scenery and airports for P3d V4 and some of Europe, Australia, N and S New Zealand.  I have the TE GB South Demo for XP11 but my old computer does not have enough memory to run it probably.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In answer to the Poll(question) I have the lot for fsx and P3d all sceneries, regions etc so yes I have a significant investment in my hobby but do not regret one cent of it ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have everything for P3D installed. And, please, don't ask if I've ever used all of them.........:)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I try to use every new realesed/installed scenery at least a couple of times, but with that said.... some of them have not been used for many years. Now I use only P3D v4.5, too old to change my sim.

 

Edited by JJJackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the openLC scenery, FTX Australia, and FTX Vector and Trees.  I'm ready to buy the next openLC and the HD buildings when they are finally released.  I also plan to buy more scenery regions and Australia v2 in the near future.

 

Personally, I'm not interested in the super-detailed airports or the TrueEarth scenery.  ORBX won't make any money from folks like me until they get back to producing openLC and region scenery.

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All global products, openLC and all FTX regions.  No TE; it's beautiful but not really interested.  After that, close to 40 of the "lesser" offerings such as airports, cityscapes, etc. and just about all of the freeware.  The number goes up a tick or two with each sale, although I've yet to even fly to a significant number of them!

Edited by Sabretooth78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the early days I bought everything on day one or pre sale. It was exciting times back then with all the flow tech and lots of Orbx developers with new things weekly. Now I'm more selective as the excitement isn't there anymore. I do hope they do more Open LC and regions. The True earth stuff doesn't do it for me so Ill pass on those.  Josh

Edited by FreeBird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a good few up until about 18 months ago. Then my interest dwindled and I've barely touched the sim over the last year. I think this happened while I was in a rental waiting for my new home to be built; I had nowhere to setup the sim and played other games that didn't require all the gear. Then when my home was finally built, I got the sim setup but never quite got back into it. My P3D 'world trip' faltered. I tried, and didn't much like, the VR experience (hired a Vive Pro). Decided to concentrate on "just NZ" when I re-installed P3Dv4 but even so *still* haven't got back into it. Part of my lack of enthusiasm is that in my life I no longer have time or funds to fly for real ... I mostly used my flight sim for 'training' or 'testing' on real world flights I wanted to do (low, slow, VFR stuff). I also moved from Hamilton to Christchurch (NZ, obviously) and no longer 'know' the local area, whereas I spent near 20 years skydiving in the general Waikato region and 2 or 3 years flying around there (until early 2017 when I left).

So no, not too many purchases for the last 18 months or so ... but anything NZ is eagerly snapped up (I have a competing airport not yet installed but purchased day1). I'm really hoping ORBX come along with NZ TE ... maybe that will drive some enthusiasm ... we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dave302 said:

Personally, I'm not interested in the super-detailed airports or the TrueEarth scenery.  ORBX won't make any money from folks like me until they get back to producing openLC and region scenery.

me too, the rest from the stuff, I got ;)

 

Thanks ORBX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

me too, the rest from the stuff, I got ;)

 

Thanks ORBX

Me too.....I'm done with all that TE nonsense............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got 'em all. Plus a whole bunch of other stuff. It's an OCD thing <grin>

 

To be honest, I'm tending more and more towards XP these days. I see the Iain's pix when a new release comes along and think "wow - gotta get that!" and I'll usually buy it straight on release (and no, I'm not some rich b******d but I don't spend money on anything else apart from books). Increasingly though, I'm finding myself not enjoying the (P3D) products as much as I used to as I'm becoming greatly enamoured of the ortho environment in XP, plus it's a whole lot smoother in action.

 

Can't see me turning completely away from P3D though. Too much investment and a hangar the size of Greenland.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had everything ORBX released back in 2014, Now I just have everything in Oceania as this is where I mostly fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to terrain (Global, Vector, openLC, etc...) I pretty much got everything except TrueEarth plus several airports here and there. I'm also one of those that have no use for TrueEarth. My wallet is open for all missing openLC packages, Australia V2, airports that can cater airliners and Buildings HD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to own around 80% of all Orbx products quote a few years ago, up until the first 5 or 6 PNW airports, but after that it became (way) too much for me. So my percentage has dropped significantly. ;) However, nowadays I mainly fly in Aerofly FS 2 (don't even have the other sims installed) and at this moment I own 100% of all AFS2 content. Which isn't that hard to get done, of course... ;) With the release of the Duchess 76, the first payware addon for AFS2 (which offers more than the default GA planes!), the future of AFS2 is looking good (or at least a bit better) so I probably will buy anything that will be released for it by Orbx (which won't be that much, I am afraid) for quite some time. That 'probably' has to do with how well Deadstick turns out... ;) 

 

BTW Funny (and surprising) to see how many people still prefer landclass based stuff...! Landclass was done and dealt with for me after getting AFS2 and the release of TrueEarth. I personally totally don't get what's the fun of landclass scenery but I suppose it also has to do with the regions covered...? I will fly anywhere Orbx releases TE sceneries for so I don't have problems with that. Bring on TE GB for AFS2! ;) (And Washington too, please!) But landclass... no, thanks. Still, it's good to see Orbx is still planning on releasing landclass stuff for those who want it!

Edited by J van E
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J van E said:

BTW Funny (and surprising) to see how many people still prefer landclass based stuff...! Landclass was done and dealt with for me after getting AFS2 and the release of TrueEarth. I personally totally don't get what's the fun of landclass scenery but I suppose it also has to do with the regions covered...? I will fly anywhere Orbx releases TE sceneries for so I don't have problems with that. Bring on TE GB for AFS2! ;) (And Washington too, please!) But landclass... no, thanks. Still, it's good to see Orbx is still planning on releasing landclass stuff for those who want it!

 

Well I for one mostly fly airliners and I don't want to limit myself in flying in a specific region. I want to explore the entire world, especially places that I probably will never see in real. Of course TrueEarth is visually superior than any LC-based scenery, but at what cost?? openLC for me is the perfect balance between visually appealing (there still is a significant difference to default) and optimized enough not to burst my disk or hardware and gives me the entire globe (well hoping that Orbx will indeed finish the missing openLC gaps). Even openLC Oceania would be on my buy list as there is more to Oceania than just AU and NZ and I love flying around the Pacific.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the US regions, land class, etc.  I also have most of the airports, but since I fly the Mooney Bravo I don't buy any airports with runways less than 2500'.  Although I live and am based in the North East, currently I'm flying around the West Coast using PilotEdge, and loving it.

Ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aviara1985 said:

 

Well I for one mostly fly airliners and I don't want to limit myself in flying in a specific region. I want to explore the entire world, especially places that I probably will never see in real. Of course TrueEarth is visually superior than any LC-based scenery, but at what cost?? openLC for me is the perfect balance between visually appealing (there still is a significant difference to default) and optimized enough not to burst my disk or hardware and gives me the entire globe (well hoping that Orbx will indeed finish the missing openLC gaps). Even openLC Oceania would be on my buy list as there is more to Oceania than just AU and NZ and I love flying around the Pacific.

What he said.

 

Dave

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all regions and global in p3d except TEUK and only 2 airports.

In XP I have the TEUK stuff and a few airports but I reckon I will buy all the TE for XP but I am happy with p3d and my setup there......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being relatively new to this flight simulation malarky I went straight to X-Plane 11 and bought all the TE Great Britain stuff which is great as far as I'm concerned plus all the extra detailed airports/airfields that they've released so far.

 

Going through a bit of a quiet spot at the moment as far as new releases for this particular sim, so I'm hoping for some more TE for Europe and the States plus loads more accurate detailed airports. The more the merrier I say - bring 'em on!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all of the land class regions and openLCs, all but may be 8-10 airports for P3D.  None of the cityscapes.  I tend to fly airliners/freighters from city to city, or GA in the countryside, so that all suits me just fine.  There's insta-buy stuff on the horizon, but I battle to do everywhere justice any more.  Too many places, too little time.  First world problems...

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I can achieve to get all products for P3D, still 61or 62 (can't precise now) behind to have them all. I'm kind of recent in Orbx world.

Every sale I buy around 10

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 4:19 AM, J van E said:

I used to own around 80% of all Orbx products quote a few years ago, up until the first 5 or 6 PNW airports, but after that it became (way) too much for me. So my percentage has dropped significantly. ;) However, nowadays I mainly fly in Aerofly FS 2 (don't even have the other sims installed) and at this moment I own 100% of all AFS2 content. Which isn't that hard to get done, of course... ;) With the release of the Duchess 76, the first payware addon for AFS2 (which offers more than the default GA planes!), the future of AFS2 is looking good (or at least a bit better) so I probably will buy anything that will be released for it by Orbx (which won't be that much, I am afraid) for quite some time. That 'probably' has to do with how well Deadstick turns out... ;) 

 

BTW Funny (and surprising) to see how many people still prefer landclass based stuff...! Landclass was done and dealt with for me after getting AFS2 and the release of TrueEarth. I personally totally don't get what's the fun of landclass scenery but I suppose it also has to do with the regions covered...? I will fly anywhere Orbx releases TE sceneries for so I don't have problems with that. Bring on TE GB for AFS2! ;) (And Washington too, please!) But landclass... no, thanks. Still, it's good to see Orbx is still planning on releasing landclass stuff for those who want it!

 

So you only fly in areas for which you have TrueEarth scenery then?  And you fly mainly Aerofly FS2?  Are you really content then to fly almost solely in a single tiny country?  Granted it does happen to be your home country I believe, which I suppose is nice, but is that really enough?  You say "landclass, no thanks".  Does this really mean that you *never" fly in areas covered by only landclass scenery?  

 

If you also use P3D, which you indicate you might, then your TrueEarth offerings are currently GB South and the Netherlands.  Let's also add those areas that might be available this year like GB Central and North and Washington State.  OK, this area amounts to .0034, about one third of one percent, of the earth's land surface.  To be reasonable, let's exclude the more remote and sparsely populated parts of the globe like Antarctica, most of Greenland, most of the Northern Territory of Canada, and about half of Siberia. That still only gets us to a coverage of less than one half of one percent of the Earth's land surface.

 

I'm sorry, but I would quit flightsimming altogether if I had to limit my flying to such a tiny area of the world.

 

Don't get me wrong.  I am impressed by the TrueEarth scenery and think it would be wonderful to have all of the U.S. or Europe covered by this scenery.  However, until that day comes, I'm very happy to have scenery like openLC.  I don't really find anything "funny" or "surprising" about that.

 

Dave

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dave302 said:

 

So you only fly in areas for which you have TrueEarth scenery then?  And you fly mainly Aerofly FS2?  Are you really content then to fly almost solely in a single tiny country?  Granted it does happen to be your home country I believe, which I suppose is nice, but is that really enough?  You say "landclass, no thanks".  Does this really mean that you *never" fly in areas covered by only landclass scenery?  

 

If you also use P3D, which you indicate you might, then your TrueEarth offerings are currently GB South and the Netherlands.  Let's also add those areas that might be available this year like GB Central and North and Washington State.  OK, this area amounts to .0034, about one third of one percent, of the earth's land surface.  To be reasonable, let's exclude the more remote and sparsely populated parts of the globe like Antarctica, most of Greenland, most of the Northern Territory of Canada, and about half of Siberia. That still only gets us to a coverage of less than one half of one percent of the Earth's land surface.

 

I'm sorry, but I would quit flightsimming altogether if I had to limit my flying to such a tiny area of the world.

 

Don't get me wrong.  I am impressed by the TrueEarth scenery and think it would be wonderful to have all of the U.S. or Europe covered by this scenery.  However, until that day comes, I'm very happy to have scenery like openLC.  I don't really find anything "funny" or "surprising" about that.

 

Dave

 

And you fly mainly Aerofly FS2?  Are you really content then to fly almost solely in a single tiny country? - Aerofly is a lot more that that now , I mean Orbx has scenery for all of the USA for AFS2 let alone Palm Springs area , Eagle County area , Monterey area along with the Chicago area .

 

Cheers

 

John

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello JJJackson and All,

 

Been with ORBX from the start. Been simming since 98. I Own ALL ORBX and many other add ons.  P3D 4.5 is my main sim but also have Xplane 11, Aerofly. With todays modern technology our sims have never looked better. Love flying, and ORBX for me has made the world come alive. Great topic. I fly mainly in Australia but just love the diversity of being able to fly anywhere and have magnificent sceneries to be amazed at.

2 of my favs are 1S2 (Darrington) and YMLF (Milford sound). Go and check them out. Milford Sound to Queenstown is just a breath taking short flight.

 

cheers from Australia

 

Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BradB said:

And you fly mainly Aerofly FS2?  Are you really content then to fly almost solely in a single tiny country? - Aerofly is a lot more that that now , I mean Orbx has scenery for all of the USA for AFS2 let alone Palm Springs area , Eagle County area , Monterey area along with the Chicago area .

 

Cheers

 

John

Now I'm confused as well.  The only ORBX products I could find for Aerofly are the TrueEarth Netherlands, 4 airports in North America, and one airport in Europe.  How then does ORBX have Aerofly scenery for "all of the USA"?

 

By the way, I'm not trying to start a war openLC vs TrueEarth or Aerofly vs P3D.  Each simulator and type of scenery has its advantages and disadvantages.

 

The quote I referred to was a bit critical, albeit in a nice way, of those of us who prefer the landclass-based scenery.  I'm just responding to that and I'm also curious if the poster really only flies in areas with the TrueEarth scenery, since flying anywhere else means using landclass-based scenery, unless he has photoscenery for other areas which is also a possibility.

 

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dave302 said:

Now I'm confused as well.  The only ORBX products I could find for Aerofly are the TrueEarth Netherlands, 4 airports in North America, and one airport in Europe.  How then does ORBX have Aerofly scenery for "all of the USA"?

 

By the way, I'm not trying to start a war openLC vs TrueEarth or Aerofly vs P3D.  Each simulator and type of scenery has its advantages and disadvantages.

 

The quote I referred to was a bit critical, albeit in a nice way, of those of us who prefer the landclass-based scenery.  I'm just responding to that and I'm also curious if the poster really only flies in areas with the TrueEarth scenery, since flying anywhere else means using landclass-based scenery, unless he has photoscenery for other areas which is also a possibility.

 

Dave

I was not correct in my assertion about AFS 2 using Orbx Global for their base scenery . I will say however that the base Steam OLC scenery for AFS2 is very good IMHO .

 

John

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own all P3Dv4.5 Orbx too!  I've put Aerofly, XP, and FSX in storage.  I own a lot of other airports/scenery too for P3Dv4.5. "I can't wait for a sale either, most of the time." LOL!

 

I'm looking for an up-to-date Google map of Freeware & Payware Combined.  The one I have is outdated.  Does anyone know where I can find it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, every scenery/region/add-on they have for P3Dv4. Also quite a few of their airports.

 

I actively avoid trying to work out (or even think about) how much all that would have cost. My ORBX addiction started in about June 2015 and hasn't gotten any better!

 

Having said that, I do get a fair bit of value out of all that because of my simming style:

 

1) My flying is just as much about the scenery as it is the mechanics of flying. I suspect that's a bit less true of some who are less interested in that and go straight up to 38,000ft.

 

2) I enjoy flying in the middle of nowhere, as opposed to sticking to key scenery areas (currently working my way through the wilds of north-eastern Canada). So I'm a big fan of products like Global, Vector and the OLC's (love the OLC's - I wish the whole world was covered by them :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dave302 said:

I'm just responding to that and I'm also curious if the poster really only flies in areas with the TrueEarth scenery, since flying anywhere else means using landclass-based scenery, unless he has photoscenery for other areas which is also a possibility.

 

I didn't (mean to) say I only fly over TE scenery because that would be quite limiting indeed (at this moment). As others have posted already AFS2 only uses photoreal scenery, no landclass at all, and the default sim contains a large part of the Western US plus Switzerland and South Florida as payware DLC from IPACS (not Orbx!). Now those default area's and DLC don't even come close to TE Netherlands imho but it's good enough to fly around every now and then. Imho is sure beats flying over landclass. ;) 

 

What I did mean to say with "I will fly anywhere Orbx releases TE sceneries for" is that I do not really care what region Orbx releases as TE for AFS2: I will buy it and fly there.

 

I also have to add that I never cared about quantity and lots of options. Where others may need the entire world in a sim to prevent boredom (and tons of planes to stay entertained) I always preferred flying in a one region with one plane for months, if not years. I started flying in FTX PNW the day it was released (FSX/P3D) and didn't fly anywhere else until FTX Norway (P3D) had been released. (At that time photoreal wasn't what it is today.) And I flew in Norway until I started flying in AFS2 and became a fan of photoreal (done well). So all in all I spend YEARS in only two regions...!

 

Now the Netherlands is a bit too small, even for me, so currently I mix up my flights with other area's but whenever GB gets released for AFS2, and let alone Washington (if ever) I probably won't fly in any of the other default and DLC regions for quite some time. And I will do so with one or maybe two planes. I prefer to treat a plane as if it is my own and hence usually don't switch planes for months. Before ditching P3D I flew the Q400 for a full year without touching another plane. And in AFS2 I mainly flew the same Q400 (though far less simulated) until I recently switched it for the new Duchess 76 from Just Flight. I might mix up airliners with GA though, but my hangar would full enough with just 2 planes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...