John Venema

TEGB South for AFS2 - early alpha previews

Thanks John. 100FPS in city area, that prove a lot about their graphic engine.

Ben 

I’m really too old to be wishing my life away but roll on the next few months. Both with this one and a higher quality VR headset life will be so good.:D

• Like 2

Very promising and a thanks to John and the development team to have TE GB Sth for AFS2 available in the coming months. I hope also later on extended to the rest of GB.

Thanks for keeping us posted! Much appreciated! I am eagerly awaiting this addon (plus the upcoming JF planes!)! Can't wait to fly the Arrow over GB! :)

• Like 2

This will be the first time in my flightsimming life that I can fly over London with more than 10 fps. Can't wait to try this in VR. I'm wondering if Aerofly could even handle the next generation of VR headsets like the HP Reverb without a hardware upgrade and still get acceptable performance, given how much headroom there is on current Gen devices. 

Many thanks John. Really looking forward to this as I've enjoyed totally fluid and constant framerates when buzzing through the extremely dense concrete canyons of Manhattan.

• Like 1

if it only had a good camera add on for that sim, it would make all the first world problems go away :)

• Like 1

Really excited about this. I only fly in VR in AFS2 these days. If this is anywhere as good as ORBX Netherlands it will be brilliant. 

Thankyou very much. I understand that it's a difficult business decision, but I honestly believe VR is the future of flight sims and on that score Aerofly is head and shoulders above the competition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bnlcoops said:

Really excited about this. I only fly in VR in AFS2 these days. If this is anywhere as good as ORBX Netherlands it will be brilliant. 

Thankyou very much. I understand that it's a difficult business decision, but I honestly believe VR is the future of flight sims and on that score Aerofly is head and shoulders above the competition.

If it was a decision purely based on business considerations, we probably would not have seen it converted to Aerofly. I think JV once stated that he personally would like to see how the True Earth GB sceneries perform in the Aerofly engine. I'm happy that a small community like the AFS crowd is supported by Orbx 

But time is on the Afs2 side :-)... regarding performances with equivalent sceneries, Aerofly fs2 is miles ahead of others... 100 fps over London, if I read well.... woooowww

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

We’re not doing it for profit, that much is certain :)

Maybe not in the short term, but you are backing the right horse. Very good news, your faith in AFS2 will be a significant boost to interest in the sim and is well placed IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

We’re not doing it for profit, that much is certain

That is a bit sad in some ways... I hope it will one day.
On top there are getting some road traffic working lately, not on all DLC but so far so good.

Cheers

10 hours ago, John Venema said:

Admit it, you're doing it because you want to fly the Mach Loop with a 4K Headset at 90 fps ;-) 

52 minutes ago, fabs79 said:

4K Headset at 90 fps ;-) 

90fps....... pffff, more like 200fps.... This sim has insane performance :D

• Like 1

Crazy fps for sure. Also bear in mind AFS2 is the baby sim for me as XP is what 25 years old and MSFS/ESP older? Its fun to fly and for those lucky enough I believe it is just brilliant in VR.

Keep em coming.

John.

• Like 1

This is great news! And the moving traffic, oh my..

From the pics, it looks like the night-lighting extends to the horizon. Is that correct?

Edited by KTFO1

On 3/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, pipeorgan said:

I’m really too old to be wishing my life away but roll on the next few months. Both with this one and a higher quality VR headset life will be so good.:D

Couldn't agree more, I've never known such an exciting time for slight simulation. Roll on more Orbx products and the HP Reverb! :D

Edited by vfr_steve

4 hours ago, John Venema said:

We’re going to try and implement moving traffic on roads as well

Did you see that John?

They are testing moving traffic in their Florida DLC.. Maybe you guys could also do your Orlando DLC for them :D

22 hours ago, John Venema said:

But John from an optimistic view, It could help drive a greater take-up of AFS2 which in turn would increase your TEGB sales.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John Mac said:

Crazy fps for sure. Also bear in mind AFS2 is the baby sim for me as XP is what 25 years old and MSFS/ESP older? Its fun to fly and for those lucky enough I believe it is just brilliant in VR.

Keep em coming.

John.

That's an important point, people complaining that AFS2 lacks many features XP and P3D offer seem to forget that those sims had decades to evolve while Aerofly is still at the beginning. The addition of a realistic helicopter and now a basic implementation of moving traffics are important steps in the right direction. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KTFO1 said:

This is great news! And the moving traffic, oh my..

From the pics, it looks like the night-lighting extends to the horizon. Is that correct?

I believe it does, I rarely fly at night in Aerofly but there is freeware night lighting available for several regions of the default Aerofly coverage area, including LA extending to Orbx Palm Springs. Try flying from Palm Springs to LA at night, it's like diving into an ocean of light. 

I was flying in AFS2 the other night on the OrbX Netherlands map. The smoothness and detail makes it by far the best VR flying experience currently available, and their R22 is physics-wise one of the best sim helicopters available in any title. Whilst hovering over Amsterdam I just had a little premonition of how good TEGB + Reverb would be, and there we are a few days later very much closer to that becoming a reality. Given that the cost of TEGB and a Reverb will be less than a couple of hours in a real R22, I'm not finding it too hard a decision to make.

I hope the UK airports all make the port in due course also, AFS2 is the only sim that shows off the full level of detail that goes into making them. Add that to the 40% discount and you have a very appealing package right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badl4ndz said:

But John from an optimistic view, It could help drive a greater take-up of AFS2 which in turn would increase your TEGB sales.

Mr. Chance Gardiner optimism:

• Like 2

After flying since 1995 flightsim 95, 98, 2000, 2002, 2004, fsx, then P3D and then XP11, I’m sold totally to Aerofly fs2 since 3 months... and cannot come back anymore ... with Orbx joining as pionner,  and now some editors will release more addons.... sure the future looks bright.

• Like 2