Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We were in Tombstone AZ many years ago and I enjoyed every minute of the visit , if you ever get the chance Adam it is a bucket list item . Thanks for the movie clips , one of my top ten movies for sure . 

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a good movie!!!!!!  But being an old coot I like Gun Fight at the O.K. Corral made in 1957 with Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hooked on Westerns and read C.J. Petit a lot.  I quite like Louis D'lamour and some of the others but always seem to gravitate back to Petit.  I think its because his stories are more romances but in a Western setting.

Edited by JohnY
Spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

adambar, one of my favorite scenes from the movies is the one from this movie in which Val Kilmer's Doc  Holliday mocks Powers Boothe's Curly Bill by twirling the tin cup like a revolver. Sometimes I get the movie out just to watch that scene again. Classic!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at Ft Huachuca 1967-1968.  Soldier of the year 68.  Visited tombstone a few times.  Was a long time Wyatt Earp fan even then.  Does anybody remember the series?  Years later my wife and I visited the area and was disappointed peopled had ripped off the little markers at the cemetery.  Can't believe I never saw that movie but I'll correct that asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 5:41 AM, BradB said:

We were in Tombstone AZ many years ago and I enjoyed every minute of the visit , if you ever get the chance Adam it is a bucket list item . Thanks for the movie clips , one of my top ten movies for sure . 

 

John

I was in Arizona a few times, but never went to Tombstone, go figure. :rolleyes::D

 

On 3/26/2019 at 8:44 AM, lifejogger said:

That is a good movie!!!!!!  But being an old coot I like Gun Fight at the O.K. Corral made in 1957 with Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster.

How about the movie (Shane) from 1953.

 

On 3/26/2019 at 10:46 AM, JohnY said:

I'm hooked on Westerns and read C.J. Petit a lot.  I quite like Louis D'lamour and some of the others but always seem to gravitate back to Petit.  I think its because his stories are more romances but in a Western setting.

Love to watch Westerns John, there are a lot of good ones that I still watch.

 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:55 AM, Rodger Pettichord said:

adambar, one of my favorite scenes from the movies is the one from this movie in which Val Kilmer's Doc  Holliday mocks Powers Boothe's Curly Bill by twirling the tin cup like a revolver. Sometimes I get the movie out just to watch that scene again. Classic!

Just go to YouTube Rodger, they have just that scene that you like

 

 

On 4/17/2019 at 7:26 PM, Geezer said:

I was at Ft Huachuca 1967-1968.  Soldier of the year 68.  Visited tombstone a few times.  Was a long time Wyatt Earp fan even then.  Does anybody remember the series?  Years later my wife and I visited the area and was disappointed peopled had ripped off the little markers at the cemetery.  Can't believe I never saw that movie but I'll correct that asap.

Congrats on soldier of the year, and for serving. Tombstone is probably my favorite Western movie, im sure you would enjoy it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I envy you Americans being able to make such exciting movies expecially those dramatizing the old west.  I suppose the only thing we've got here close to that is The Legend of Robin Hood.

 

Unless someone knows better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 6:40 AM, JohnY said:

I envy you Americans being able to make such exciting movies expecially those dramatizing the old west.  I suppose the only thing we've got here close to that is The Legend of Robin Hood.

 

Unless someone knows better.

How about "The Bridge on the River Kwai" John. Not a western, but, one of the best movies ever from David Lean.

 

On 4/24/2019 at 8:11 AM, lifejogger said:

I have always enjoyed the King Arthur and the Round table stories!!!!!!!!

John you don't remind me of a King Arthur type guy. :D

 

On 4/26/2019 at 10:18 PM, olderndirt said:

Always enjoyed 'Ivanhoe' - even got Robin Hood involved.

Never watched that one OND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...