Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Loving pic No 2 there Jack..... great atmosphere in that one, and the heat haze from the engine on the 429 just adds another level of depth :)

Edited by TerryM
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are fabulous shots Jack... I must try helos again in XP. The last time I tried it was a fiery mess :'(  No better way to explore TE.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Well there you go again showing off with that up side down ceiling fan that I can't fly:angry::rolleyes::lol::DGreat shots indeed.:)

Thanks Karl, I love the UDCF's!  The XP ones are just as easy to fly as the P3D ones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TerryM said:

Loving pic No 2 there Jack..... great atmosphere in that one, and the heat haze from the engine on the 429 just adds another level of depth :)

Thanks Terry, I like that heat haze effect too, it's a great idea they had to incorporate this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mp1852 said:

Nice set here Jack, I really like the 2nd one!

Thank you kind sir!  I like it too, TE in XP is really amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Great shots and a nice bell 429!

 

Way to go Jack.

 

Greg

Thanks Greg, I'd be lost without helicopters to fly.  I bought the Bell 407 but this freeware one is superior in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wain71 said:

nice one, great pics Jack... I enjoy chopper flights but I struggle to land...

Thanks Wayne, I spent a great deal of time learning.  It's all in the collective and pedals as you approach the ground, have to keep working the collective to stay aloft while using the cyclic to enter a hover and then simply floating gently down.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Got the chopper bug, eh Jack?  With shots like that I don't blame you!  Cheers.

Thanks Frank, been flying choppers for years in P3D, they're my favorite way of seeing things close up because of the ability to hover.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

These are fabulous shots Jack... I must try helos again in XP. The last time I tried it was a fiery mess :'(  No better way to explore TE.

Thanks Mark!  I deliberately crashed one to see what happens, yep, a fiery mess.  But you're right, a chopper is the best way to sight see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

 I deliberately crashed one to see what happens, yep, a fiery mess

 

I didn't even have to try, it somehow did it itself...... or pilot error as it's really known :unsure:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Wayne, I spent a great deal of time learning.  It's all in the collective and pedals as you approach the ground, have to keep working the collective to stay aloft while using the cyclic to enter a hover and then simply floating gently down.

yeah it sounds easy put like that, it's all about practice I guess but I am busy on several projects testing other stuff that I don't really get time......I have a lot of admiration for a guy I roomed with in the Army who went on to pilot choppers for the Army Air Corps...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wain71 said:

yeah it sounds easy put like that, it's all about practice I guess but I am busy on several projects testing other stuff that I don't really get time......I have a lot of admiration for a guy I roomed with in the Army who went on to pilot choppers for the Army Air Corps...

Lucky guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great shots as always Jack.

 

I can't get over the level of detail in this freebee chopper.  It's really excellent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, M110A2 said:

You're really enjoying that chopper Jack, great set here.

Thank you, it's fun and amazing that it's free!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lauriebe said:

Great shots as always Jack.

 

I can't get over the level of detail in this freebee chopper.  It's really excellent.

Thanks Lawrence, I agree, I would have paid for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jack,

 

Firstly, I want to congratulate you on the beautiful set of shots.

 

As for the Bell 429, it really  is very good, mainly being freeware.


Its aerodynamic flight is very modern, and greatly facilitates the operation of the aircraft. It can be said that it is the new flight model of the new helicopters in the market: totally automated in the control and management of the flight, getting the pilot as monitor and observer .... hahaha.^_^

 

The Bell 407 is still a bit "foot and hand". It requires a little skill with the controls, but nothing that can not be mastered.:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...