John Venema

TE GB South XP11 SP1 - List of features and improvements

Thank you to John and team for making the following saying come true.

“The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.”

Lady Aberdeen

Kind regards

Ian S

Edited by Ian S
  • Like 2

An impressive SP just a bit disappointed my local castle has been missed which is Caerphilly, second biggest castle in UK.

This is amazing work and support beyond the call of duty.

The new PBR models with AO look more believable and with OrbX we are getting away from the lego brick feel when flying low and slow.

The scenes just burst with a newly realised realism.

The new roads also make a huge difference and no longer stick out like a sore thumb as with vanilla Xplane.

And all this comes with additional POI's and commonly found franchises on top of what was already a great package at no extra charge.

Thank to all who put their hearts and souls into this project, you deserve every success.

Hope to get a new VR setup later this year so the timing is perfect as well.

• Like 2

OMG!!  You guys at Orbx really have been busy.  On looking through the additional scenery items that are coming I will have to start flying the helicopter more especially as fast food outlets are on the list!!:P

After having flown in TE North the roads are so much better and really looking forward to the SP1 update for TE South.

Regards

Nigel.

Thanks John and the Orbx team.

I plan to buy the two other regions when I get a little more cash in the next couple of weeks I really only fly my area, but want to support your investment.

Im always very thankful for what is extremely impressive at the low price point it has.

Stu

Edited by Meabeachboy
Strange larger text!
  • Like 3

Though, i love this, but i think I read somehwere that night lightning in london is gonna be fixed, but maybe i dreamt. I see no mentioning of it. Like most of the buildings in the center of london doesnt have night lightning, is this gonna be fixed? Its the only thing that bothers me with TE south...

Also, this post didnt mention better zoomlevel around london as previously announced, is that dropped from this SP?

Edited by kaboki

Great remedial work and new content. I especially like the look of the houses now. Extremely accurate fro a typical housing estate in GB.

I too would be interested in knowing about the night lighting of Canary Wharf buildings and also the proposed ZL18 for some cities.

50 minutes ago, kaboki said:

Though, i love this, but i think I read somehwere that night lightning in london is gonna be fixed, but maybe i dreamt. I see no mentioning of it. Like most of the buildings in the center of london doesnt have night lightning, is this gonna be fixed? Its the only thing that bothers me with TE south...

Also, this post didnt mention better zoomlevel around london as previously announced, is that dropped from this SP?

Yes the night lighting was the one true let down of TE Britain releases but I know they were working on this.

Judging by the screenshots it has been corrected and hopefully we now also have all the missing lit textures that were absent in London especially, I guess there are a few improvements that have not been mentioned.

Outstanding! 

It has taken a while granted and, one 'could' argue that TEGBS shouldn't have been released in the state it was - essentially it is not (as it is) synonymous with ORBX quality and it is a fair assessment that after the initial hype settled the community in general, wasn't too happy with it - notwithstanding the wonderful orthos layer, saturated a tad for ORBX colouring styles.

This patch is good news.  No......... it is 'very' good news and personally I have no doubt that it will fill the voids of frustration and ambiguity with the current vanilla install.

I look forward to reviewing - I'll be kind but, this is a long time coming.

Thank you.

35 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Thats an impressive set of features John. But what about the ZL19 for London?

As JV posted: it won't happen:

Hardly a surprise since they are working on so many additional UK airports, that need photo sceneries.

Edited by Longranger241
  • Thanks 1

Thank you John and Orbx, it looks very nice. I'm already looking forward to.

Cheers

Karoly

56 minutes ago, g0emf said:

All that and the original product for £30.... bargain!

Many thanks to Orbx , great stuff.

Really?...might be for you! :D

1 hour ago, g0emf said:

All that and the original product for £30.... bargain!

Many thanks to Orbx , great stuff.

I agree with you.  Cheers.

• Like 1

As I wrote someplace else, this scenery package has made me what I call an "XP Expat." I was reluctant to buy it simply because I preferred flying in areas with which I was familiar, and I guess that meant "staying home," my being a Yank and all.  Looking for something new (as we simmers always are) I gave GB South a try. I may never go home again (until True Earth Northwest comes out). It is so nice to fly from the airports and grass strips that dot the English countryside.

Great work.

John in Indiana

• Like 2

Free icing on the cake that is in itself worth the price of admission. Well done Orbx. I look at that list of POI's and enhancements and I think of building just one of those in sketchup and I am already overwhelmed! Thanks Orbx! Really looking forward to this release.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

My original post has a typo. I originally said there would be 192 new POIs in the South SP1.

It is actually 344 new POI models!!

We had hoped to release it today but we have found a few last-minute glitches with implementing the new darker roads and duplicate lighthouses etc, so we are now aiming for tomorrow.

Apologies for the delay, you'll soon have this in your hands :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Oh no! Now I'm dissapointed, I was looking forward to the 192 new POI's not sure I want the update now there's additional realism! Some people - never happy, I think we're called "British" - the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - and the fence is in very slightly the wrong place, speaking of grass being green does anyone know if the mis-textured water bodies issue has been resolved where a lot of ponds and parts of rivers were luscious grass? :huh:

Looking forward to the update, especially the darker roads - its a shame that x-plane thinks that every road has to be wide enough to fit 4 cars side by side, it makes small country lanes look a little odd at times.

35 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Hi everyone,

My original post has a typo. I originally said there would be 192 new POIs in the South SP1.

It is actually 344 new POI models!!

We had hoped to release it today but we have found a few last-minute glitches with implementing the new darker roads and duplicate lighthouses etc, so we are now aiming for tomorrow.

Apologies for the delay, you'll soon have this in your hands :) 

Thanks for the update.

It will save me going into seizures hitting refresh :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news John.  Just my luck that were going away for a Music of the 70's weekend . Will miss the SPI release and the first F1 in Austaralia, but at least my wife will be happy - she's going to see the Bay City Rollers!!

I'll download as soon as I get back!!

Pete

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

Any news about this or will it have to be a manual update again?

Regards,

Tim