Captain Lars

United 69 - Crossing the Pond

That was excellent Lars!  Really well done set up with the first several.  I liked that.  And deicing, yuck, if you ever get the chance to do it, don't!  You're in a basket like that way up high, you're wearing all kinds of clothes to keep warm and have face protection but no matter, the very HOT deicing fluid gets in your mouth and it's extremely sweet and deadly.  No wonder animals drink it and then die, it's so sweet.  I didn't like doing it as the wind made the bucket sway while snow is swirling all round you.  Not the best job in winter on the flight line.. 

• Like 5

all the shots are perfectly wonderful Lars. The details at the airports and the light / snow ambiance are amazing :)

(I am not a very big fan of big jet and big airport but you are changing my point of view about these B))

PS : Please how do you do to take views at large distance - a camera tool I guess... Ezca ? Nice to use ?

• Like 1

Captain, I am sitting here warming by the Forum as the outside temperature drops past 18f (7.8c) and the snow drifts and the sky darkens sullenly. So forgive me when I say that your first several shots gave me the shivers--literally. Of course the middle of a heavy winter storm in New Jersey is not much of an improvement.I love your journeys, Captain, but please make the next one somewhere bright and hot! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, adambar said:

Stunning set of images Lars! :)

Thank you Adam. :)

21 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great set Lars, and lovely story. I'm sitting in 34 deg heat, thanks for the cooler.:D

Don

Thank you Don, it's a pleasure! :D

17 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain, I'm happy that you like my shots!

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was excellent Lars!  Really well done set up with the first several.  I liked that.  And deicing, yuck, if you ever get the chance to do it, don't!  You're in a basket like that way up high, you're wearing all kinds of clothes to keep warm and have face protection but no matter, the very HOT deicing fluid gets in your mouth and it's extremely sweet and deadly.  No wonder animals drink it and then die, it's so sweet.  I didn't like doing it as the wind made the bucket sway while snow is swirling all round you.  Not the best job in winter on the flight line.. 

Thank you very much, Jack. See, I remarked that the guy operating the de-icer wasn't protected from the cold, but you as someone who apparently did the job in reality, you remarked that he wasn't protected from the fluid. That's why experience beats theoretical knowledge. I'm sad to learn that animals drink the fluid and die from it though. :'(

7 hours ago, jean marc said:

all the shots are perfectly wonderful Lars. The details at the airports and the light / snow ambiance are amazing :)

(I am not a very big fan of big jet and big airport but you are changing my point of view about these B))

PS : Please how do you do to take views at large distance - a camera tool I guess... Ezca ? Nice to use ?

Thank you a lot for commenting, Jean Marc. I'm glad that I can bring you a bit of the big tin flavour. :D I use Chaseplane and I can recommend it. You can move freely around the airport, define spectacular camera views and even replay your flight (this feature is still in beta though and doesn't show correct instrument readings).

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Captain, I am sitting here warming by the Forum as the outside temperature drops past 18f (7.8c) and the snow drifts and the sky darkens sullenly. So forgive me when I say that your first several shots gave me the shivers--literally. Of course the middle of a heavy winter storm in New Jersey is not much of an improvement.I love your journeys, Captain, but please make the next one somewhere bright and hot! :lol:

:D Thanks for your comment nonetheless, Rodger, and I think I can help you. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Terrific shots Lars . :):)

Cheers

John

• Like 4

Love it. Great flight. Is it the PMDG 777 or Captain Sim?

Cheers,

Nathan

Edited by ftwd
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots Lars . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you very much for your comment, John! :):):)

5 hours ago, jankees said:

nice series, and Stockholm looks very chilly in your shots

Thank you Jan, chilly but cozy to look at. :D:D:D

5 hours ago, ftwd said:

Love it. Great flight. Is it the PMDG 777 or Captain Sim?

Cheers,

Nathan

Thank you Nathan, I'm glad you like it. It's the 777 from PMDG. :DB):)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I use Chaseplane and I can recommend it. You can move freely around the airport, define spectacular camera views and even replay your flight

Wunderbar ! many thanks Lars :)

Now that is a very descriptive post Lars, let’s face it, it’s well done when you can make some people shiver and others want to join the big tin club! :D

Very nice post all round, pictures and narration!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Now that is a very descriptive post Lars, let’s face it, it’s well done when you can make some people shiver and others want to join the big tin club! :D

Very nice post all round, pictures and narration!

Thank you very much Roger. I appreciate your kind comment very much. :D:)B)

• Like 1

Great flight and narration, Lars. We might have met virtually in Stockholm, I just came down there - and also to the F gates. Where I did not get any jetway to work...

I am keen to see where your wings carry you next. Newark-Singapore is a nice connection, and leads to warmer climate. But I doubt you can bring a 777 nonstop down that way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great flight and narration, Lars. We might have met virtually in Stockholm, I just came down there - and also to the F gates. Where I did not get any jetway to work...

I am keen to see where your wings carry you next.

Thank you Gerold for your comment. Interesting destinations ahead!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Newark-Singapore is a nice connection, and leads to warmer climate. But I doubt you can bring a 777 nonstop down that way.

You know how to trigger me, hm? :lol: 8300nm - piece of cake. B)

• Haha 1

A wonderful flight Lars, thanks for making me aware of it.

Some very cold scenes here.

My wife is very afraid of flying but I always tell her that the most dangerous part of any flight is the drive to and from the airport.

• Like 4

Well done Lars. Superbly narrated. Too bloody cold and it even looks colder than Alaska:rolleyes:. Lucky United passengers can "nurse" a nice Bourbon in warm and comfy seats. Not like the unlucky sod's on Mule Teams freezing cold Gooney Bird sipping icy cold beers. Although a shot of Bubba's McCarthy's moonshine makes'em happy again.:P:D

• Haha 4

Wow another fantastic flight

Look at all that yellowish light in Arlanda I just  F%$#" love it!!!

In love from 3 to 7 Gosh, splendit

So gorgeous that fatso on #13

#3 qualifies for a promo pic of ESSA

I like the ground service you've shown in several ones, I think I should go for it

Thank you much for sharing this great pics of ESSA

• Like 3

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful flight Lars, thanks for making me aware of it.

Some very cold scenes here.

My wife is very afraid of flying but I always tell her that the most dangerous part of any flight is the drive to and from the airport.

Thank you very much for your comment, Martyn. :)

18 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Well done Lars. Superbly narrated. Too bloody cold and it even looks colder than Alaska:rolleyes:. Lucky United passengers can "nurse" a nice Bourbon in warm and comfy seats. Not like the unlucky sod's on Mule Teams freezing cold Gooney Bird sipping icy cold beers. Although a shot of Bubba's McCarthy's moonshine makes'em happy again.:P:D

Thank you Captain Karl! Moonshine is a good idea, so passengers can accept more easily when they get thrown out of the plane.

Btw, I believe having seen Hildas old personnel file here a the UAL dispatch. Looks like she lost the job here for not acting "vigorously" enough towards passengers. :P;):ph34r:

17 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Wow another fantastic flight

Look at all that yellowish light in Arlanda I just  F%$#" love it!!!

In love from 3 to 7 Gosh, splendit

So gorgeous that fatso on #13

#3 qualifies for a promo pic of ESSA

I like the ground service you've shown in several ones, I think I should go for it

Thank you much for sharing this great pics of ESSA

Thank you a lot, Carlos, I appreciate your comment very much! I'm delighted that you like my shots that much. :)

• Like 1