Dreamsofwings1

active TE GB South P3D v4 Stuttering/slowing performance issue

Thanks Andy, for the careful analysis.

That's pretty much my experience, too. Loading times will be dealt with by LM, so I'd forget about them for now. I can well do with the performance I get now, and it's running essentially stutter-free as well.

My only serious issue left are the ground textures, and looking upon your shot I wouldn't call them clear either. The best I can attain to clear them up for "some" time only to become blurry again some more time later. That's even with texture res 512 which certainly will blurr airports buildings (at least that's my experience, but I'll invertigate later).

Kind regards, Michael

To add to this: The named behavior makes me more and more suspicious it's the high compression of the aerial image which most processors (including mine) have difficulty to cope with. Under X-Plane, we have that 2 hrs decompression phase where decompression is done offline in advance, while our P3D systems have to do all the work online while the simulator is running.

While P3D may provide means for high compression, if this can be confirmed, wouldn't there be a possibility to provide less compressed or even uncompressed ground imagery? I understand, this would make the download the size of its XP counterpart, or even more, but if it makes customers happy it might be worth looking into.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, pmb said:

suspicious it's the high compression of the aerial image which most processors (including mine) have difficulty to cope with

Could be, that would make sense I guess, and explain the CPU 'surge' to 100% as textures load. I'm not by any means an expert on all this however, just speaking 'unscientifically'.

Still need to work out why some people have no problems where a few of us have the same issue. I have no tweaks, no add-ons running, pretty well stripped it down to loading textures only, checked that there are no background processes hogging the CPU, so will wait to hear if Nick is getting anywhere.

16 hours ago, flying_fish said:

Guess it doesn't help - but don't invest yet! Out of curiosity (and to follow a lead I'm looking at) is your 1060 driver up to date? It should be v 418.81 which came out a few days ago.

How about you? Driver up to date?

Yeah my drivers are up to date

On 2/9/2019 at 5:40 AM, IanHarr said:

In all honesty I can't see what you are complaining about. That video looks fine.

Then in all honesty you probably have not looked at it. If you call that fine i think you never saw something "fluid".... Just look at the fps counter how it breaks in all fw secs to low 10s of fps. This causes major microstutter and lags. I dont know, that should be very very clearly visible...

Just watched this video again. FPS below 10 I could't recognize at all and stutters... nothing of stuttering is very very visible there; at max. a little little bit. But maybe you refer to another video; I tokk this one from post 1.

Kai

Edited by KaiUweWeiss

i said "low 10s", meaning the lower end of the 10-19 range) :-) You dont call that low? 

Anyway, call your self blessed to not see this video stutter. It kills my eyes nearly.... But everyone is different here. I meant it not sarcastic or something, call yourself happy to not have very sensitive motion awareness

Edited by Senchay

18 hours ago, flying_fish said:

Hi welcome to the party.

TEGB has been designed to be appreciated low n slow, and it's not surprising that flying over it in a 737 will cause some problems. What some of us are experiencing is problems at 2000' or so doing 90kts.

Framerate is not as issue; it's texture loading causing CPU overloading that we are investigating. Nick is on the case!

Apologies, what I meant was it happened with both the 737 at 10,000ft and 300kts and the Malibu at 2,000ft and 150kts for example so the aircraft and speed didn't seem to matter.

Using JW settings I can generally improve the fps although flying from BHX I got higher FPS than flying to it from elsewhere but in spells it would be fine then you'd get a minute of blurries and the odd major stutter for a few seconds (fps then dropping down as low as 3fps at one point for a brief second. My assumption (but im limited in knowledge on this kind of thing) is its stuttering as it is loading textures? Possibly new scenery popping up on the horizon as you fly?

Great help though on this thread and hopefully between us all and the guys at Orbx we can find the solutions to make this product work well for even the average systems.

3 minutes ago, Senchay said:

i said "low 10s", meaning the lower end of the 10-19 range) :-) You dont call that low? 

Anyway, call your self blessed to not see this video stutter. It kills my eyes nearly.... But everyone is different here. I meant it not sarcastic or something, call yourself happy to not have very sensitive motion awareness

Does the happen all the time or just in short spells during a flight?

47 minutes ago, Senchay said:

You dont call that low?

Yes, that's low but not unflyable, especially with frames above 15 fps flying is well possible in P3D4. But if  eyes are as sensitive as yours you should avoid flying in such power demanded areas (like London is) in generally. You can have a look at my specs and even with these I'm no free of stutters completely. But if I leave the London area, going to Wales or Southampton e.g. everything is fluid.

Edited by KaiUweWeiss

On 2/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, Senchay said:

Then in all honesty you probably have not looked at it. If you call that fine i think you never saw something "fluid".... Just look at the fps counter how it breaks in all fw secs to low 10s of fps. This causes major microstutter and lags. I dont know, that should be very very clearly visible...

I was going to reply that maybe the lags were what I took to be buffering in playing the video but as you are a rude little man, I will not bother.

It is a great shame that politeness cannot be maintained.

1.    Be civil to your fellow users:

The topic remains as a source of good advice.

If you are still having a problem despite this advice,

please open a support topic.

Thanks to all who contributed.