Benny

Bird strike... He kept his calm

Bet that made him jump!

Great video thanks for sharing that. I bet that touchdown felt good. It's scary enough when it happens in a sim, but that was a whole other level. Cool guy.

I had a bird strike in VR in XP11 at 2000ft over the lake district flying the Bell 407. Flock of birds hit the windscreen (but didn't break it) and the engine cut out a few seconds later. I managed to autorotate and land on a flat patch of grass, but it was genuinely scary even though I knew I would come to no harm.

That is a genuinely impressive piece of flying in your video though.

(I hope the bird was ok, but I fear perhaps not :()

Bejusus that was a brown trouser moment if ever I saw one well done that man for staying calm and making a great landing.

cheers

Iain

Benny, thanks for posting this one. What a great example of doing everything right in the middle of the worst. I noticed that the pilot's hands were shaking, and he kept wiping his face as if either he had something in his eyes or a facial wound, yet he kept calm and on task. Glad it turned out well.

Great piloting. Thank you very much for sharing Benny.

This image shows the moment of impact and also shows that the pilot lost his glasses through the strike and had to do the landing without them.

pz7Gug5.png

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1

I don't know how reliant he was on the glasses as during the flight they appear to have been in his mouth??? Strange way to feather the prop.   Sweet and Sour Chicken leg anyone???