David Lawrence

egtf fairoaks airport Orbx. EGTF Fairoaks Airport for X-Plane 11. Low down and close up in the Cabri G2

Orbx. EGTF Fairoaks Airport for X-Plane 11. Low down and close up in the Cabri G2. I can tell you they have done a fantastic job!
 I did also ask was 59 to old to make videos on youtube and it seems that I am barely old enough. Thank you to everyone that has subscribed. So I have watched a video on the subject and it is now called " wonky's X plane blog" I should keep it to about 10 mins long and get you all talking about it. Well this one is about the new 
Orbx. EGTF Fairoaks Airport for X-Plane 11. Low down and close up in the Cabri G2. It is fantastic for Helicopter pilots. Its some of the best colour and blending I have seen. I did get a loading error message but it seemed to run just fine. and so a quick 10-minute fly around with the usual rubbish being discussed hope you like it.
Wonky Joystick Productions.
A voice Made For silent Movies

Edited by David Lawrence
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice video, but you are missing a lot of scenery elements including new static cars at the airport and McLaren cars at the tech centre.

This is because you did not install the required Orbxlibs_XP update in Orbx Central.

• Like 1

Very nice David.

I enjoyed it.:)

Very difficult to join the interests of an airport with good activity of helicopters and aviation in general.
Most developers did not care much about the simmers that fly helicopters. However, it seems that now they have realized that we exist as well.
Generally airports with visual implementations in their surroundings are a marvel for the helicopter simmers.
Let's see if this trend continues ...
Thank you for posting this video, and do what John Venema asks: install the new X-Plane Library and the look will be much more beautiful.;)

Edited by Traveller
  • Like 1

Hi mate,

That's a great video!

As John said, it looks like your mising quite a few bits, most notably some swanky new cars. Grab that orbxlibs update and you'll see a marked difference.

Regarding the Signals Area that you mentioned looked out of place, you can find more info on those in the CAA Visual Aids Handbook. (Chapter 6). You can download a copy here:

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP637 Visual Aids Handbook.pdf

They are (or at least were) quite a common feature - you'll see one at EGHA, EGHP and EGTH to name just three.

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi mate,

That's a great video!

As John said, it looks like your mising quite a few bits, most notably some swanky new cars. Grab that orbxlibs update and you'll see a marked difference.

Regarding the Signals Area that you mentioned looked out of place, you can find more info on those in the CAA Visual Aids Handbook. (Chapter 6). You can download a copy here:

They are (or at least were) quite a common feature - you'll see one at EGHA, EGHP and EGTH to name just three.

Cheers,

Greg

2 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi mate,

That's a great video!

Cheers,

Greg

3 minutes ago, David Lawrence said:

You will have to treat me as a baby on this I have no prior knowledge of flight sims. I know my way around helicopters and a fair bit of 3d graphics but as to the rest I am just starting out so any help is greatly appreciated. I just gelt that apart from  the helisimmer page no one was doing anything and so to keep my brain from going to mush I decided to start the video blog but I am always happy to be corrected, its how we learn.

Dave