Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stillwater

Emporio Magnus Bonus

Recommended Posts

No fear, mates, this is neither a latin lesson nor a history one. This is "just" a flight between the two airports that come as a bonus in Magnus´ Kiruna scenery. An early morning start in Visby...

TN0KAkq.jpg

 

... where de-icing was requested by the ground crew.

xbY7A1O.jpg

 

Taking off in southerly direction, ...

cZWnGp1.jpg

 

... yields a beautiful turn over the historical city of Visby.

gWpyrxF.jpg

 

No too much to see from the swedish landscape...

o9C5WnM.jpg

 

... but the approach to Borlänge / Dala was even worse: Some might call this "whiteout"...

NFj8xqy.jpg

 

Due to the wind direction we were guided into runway 14 - which does not have an ILS. And the visibility was not really good...

6yeVRxL.jpg

 

Nevertheless, we found the runway, finally.

RaIDRvn.jpg

 

The next challenge was finding a useable taxiway...

tEFEXTm.jpg

 

Made it. A great flight, and two bonus airports that make Kiruna to a "must-have" scenery for me. And I did not even visit Kiruna itself yet...

y0j216I.jpg

kflxTuN.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top shots from your winter flight from Sweden Gerold , I enjoy looking at all the wonderful white stuff . :):angry::ph34r::lol:

 

Cheers

 

John

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent set Gerold and this is really white snow.   :)   I think I have to do a winter preset.

The Visby scenery is great, I like it very much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BradB said:

Top shots from your winter flight from Sweden Gerold , I enjoy looking at all the wonderful white stuff . :):angry::ph34r::lol:

Cheers

John

Thank you John. It is really impressing what can happen in these sims today. Even if you don´t see much scenery...

 

20 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Excellent set Gerold and this is really white snow.   :)   I think I have to do a winter preset.

The Visby scenery is great, I like it very much.

Thanks Andreas. I have changed nothing to the colours, just p3d, orbx and REX4TD - with no special setting.

 

30 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Nonetheless I have no idea what you want to say with your title... Challenging approach!

So easy, I thought: bonus sceneries in Magnus Almgren´s Kiruna scenery. Which makes a total empire of 4 sceneries from him in Sweden. And these are a (surprising) pleasure to me.

This approach was even more than a challenge... I had the ILS32 prepared, when ATC assigned RNAV14Z to me. visibility was about 500 ft AGL.

 

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow, no ILS and a whiteout?  Nice shots Gerold but did you consider diverting?

Never I considered that... as wifey had already called for dinner just after Top of Descend..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow, no ILS and a whiteout?  Nice shots Gerold but did you consider diverting?

Looks like you might see some white stuff down your way on Tuesday Jack : Rain and snow before 1pm, then a chance of snow between 1pm and 4pm. Enjoy it my friend !! .

 

John

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BradB said:

Looks like you might see some white stuff down your way on Tuesday Jack : Rain and snow before 1pm, then a chance of snow between 1pm and 4pm. Enjoy it my friend !! .

 

John

Nah, we'll get nothing and the next day it's gonna be sunny and in the 40's.  It was 52 today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

So easy, I thought: bonus sceneries in Magnus Almgren´s Kiruna scenery. Which makes a total empire of 4 sceneries from him in Sweden. And these are a (surprising) pleasure to me.

It was the "Emporio" that irritated me. :lol: "Emporion" is a market place as far as I know... "Imperium Magni Boni" I'd say.

 

26 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

This approach was even more than a challenge... I had the ILS32 prepared, when ATC assigned RNAV14Z to me. visibility was about 500 ft AGL.

 

At least it was RNAV. :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerold, this is a set of beautiful pictures, a fine story, and a scenery show. My only reservation is when ATC says forget the ILS and land in whiteout. If I got down alive, I'd be climbing that tower soon after landing.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, @Iain Emms, Stewart @European Mountain Man and @paulb !

 

17 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gerold, this is a set of beautiful pictures, a fine story, and a scenery show. My only reservation is when ATC says forget the ILS and land in whiteout. If I got down alive, I'd be climbing that tower soon after landing.

Thank you Rodger. And I think your training suggestion for the ATC is an adequate one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...