Hi all. On this forum, most of us are of an age where we find ourselves boring younger people with the phrase, "Things were better back in the old days." This, of course, is a generational thing that has been recorded as existing ever since language was first recorded.

At this age, however, most of us are aware that some modern things are much better than they were in the old days -- soccer players, orthopedic medicine, and tires, for example. My question is -- what modern thing do you most celebrate as being better now than it used to be? For me, I'd say access to information, cars, and flight simulation :lol:

• Like 1

Johnnie Walker scotch whiskey. There is nothing in the old days that compares to todays Blue label....................

• Haha 1

I am not as materialistic as I use to be and no longer have much of a hoard. The PC has been there for me since the 70s so that is the one consistent thing along the way. I wouldn't say it is better today then it was because the PC was at it's best during the early 80s with the realization of what it could do. Now we are just pushing its potential a little more each year.

1) With the digital age no longer have I the need to send the missus on the roof to fix the antenna whilst I  tried to tune the TV

2) No need anymore to sent the missus under the rain with the crankshaft to start the car whilst I comfortably fiddle  with choke

3) No need to search a dictionary just ask GOOGLE

4)In the old time  you can only blame yourself if you got lost, Nowdays blame the GPS