Jump to content
Aimee Sanjari

Introducing CityScene Orlando!

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

 

Hi Carlos,


The airport included will be fairly basic, and it is being designed by Allen to be compatible with T2G's KMCO.  I have been testing that product with it and it blends very well.  I have been disabling the T2G KMCO's photoreal so there is no conflict there.  T2G's airport fits in very well.  As with Barcelona there will be a control panel option to enable or disable airport features to prepare for installation of T2G's KMCO.

 

Cheers,

 

Hi Scott,

 

When released, could you please specify which bgl's need to be switched off to allow integration? I've had a quick look at the files but I'm not 100% which ones need to be renamed to off.

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoseCFII said:

Which sim?

 

T2G KMCO has not been updated to P3D v4.4.

 

Thanks.

Here some shots Jose. T2G in P3d V4

 

Ground

yWznLaY.jpg

 

Aerial

Ehwn3xy.jpg

 

In the air

8MyA3gr.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Hola Jose

There are some updates that make it work in P3D v4

I have it

This nice guy named DJJose @avsim made an updated afcad that not only eradicates the default objects, but he even found a way to bring back the bridges.

He's such a great guy. :D

 

Edited by JoseCFII
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Here some shots Jose. T2G in P3d V4

 

Ground

yWznLaY.jpg

 

Aerial

Ehwn3xy.jpg

 

In the air

8MyA3gr.jpg

Are those default taxi signs I see?

PM me if you want the fix.

Edited by JoseCFII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

Are those default taxi signs I see?

Well, I don't know Orlando so I could not tell. I have to trust the scenery.

When first installed I had two towers so the only instruction I found was this:

 

Go to ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT\scenery, search for APT_KMCO.bgl and turn it off: APT_KMCO.OFF

Actually the solution was in T2G forums.

PS: DJJose, thank you.

 

But I have no issues at all with this airport, I think it is nice and works fine, and as said I have not been there to point out how accurate it might be. But so far I enjoy it is a lot better that the defaut.

 

Cheers

 

Edited by carlosqr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Well, I don't know Orlando so I could not tell. I have to trust the scenery.

When first installed I had two towers so the only instruction I found was this:

 

Go to ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT\scenery, search for APT_KMCO.bgl and turn it off: APT_KMCO.OFF

Actually the solution was in T2G forums.

PS: DJJose, thank you.

 

But I have no issues at all with this airport, I think it is nice and works fine, and as said I have not been there to point out how accurate it might be. But so far I enjoy it is a lot better that the defaut.

 

Cheers

 

Those are default taxiways. You probably also have double wind socks too. Let's not hijack the thread. PM me if you want the fixes.

a.k.a. djjose

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fits beautifully...This is a very welcomed surprise.  My old stomping grounds and location where I began my PPL.  Really looking forward to this, especially being able to fly over areas restricted in real life :) 0o0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sabretooth78 said:

In any event, even a slightly outdated version will be a vast improvement over the barren wasteland we currently have, to say nothing about the rest of the package.

 

 

I agree to a point.  The release version should reflect actual scenery in 2019.  There really isn't any excuse for releasing buildings/POIs that no longer exist.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, John Dow said:

 

Yes there will always be a few features missing from just about any part of the scenery you check out.  The imprtant thing for the developer is to get the balance between detail and performance about right, and I would say from what I've seen the mix is pretty good.

 

While I do understand I work a lot of construction around Orlando have lots of updated current up to date photos that could greatly help out the developer add some up to date items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Which sim?

 

T2G KMCO has not been updated to P3D v4.4.

 

Thanks.

 

Hi,

 

I was actually testing in P3DV3.

 

Cheers,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like an amazing improvement over the default.

 

I am sure that I am just being picky since I live in the area, but.....

 

The models of Cinderellas Castle, Astro-Orbiter and Space mountain are way off. The Castle is the tallest structure in the Magic Kingdom at 189ft. Space Mountain is only 90ft.

 

The boats that you have going from the Magic Kingdom to the Transportation Ticket Center are the wrong type of boat. They should be a 2 story open air ferry boat. The boats you have modeled are the ones that go from Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

 

The Disney Springs area is way off. There have been several changes in the last 3 - 5 years.

You also have the shadow of the tethered balloon ride in the lake, but no balloon is visible.  

 

Saratoga Springs Resort has 3 different colors of singles on the roofs of the buildings.

 

Like I said, I am just being picky. Either way, Thank you for showing Orlando so love.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 10:03 AM, MurrayD said:

 

Hi Scott,

 

When released, could you please specify which bgl's need to be switched off to allow integration? I've had a quick look at the files but I'm not 100% which ones need to be renamed to off.

 

Cheers!

 

 

Hi Murray,

 

Once the scenery is released someone (possibly me) will open a thread in the compatibility forum in the support forums, if someone else doesn't beat me to it ;).  The product is still in development, so there are still changes which could be made.

 

What I can say is that so far I have been using 2 methods, with pretty good results.

 

1/ T2Gs KMCO has two scenery entries; one for landclass (base) and one for the scenery itself (airport).  One method I was using was just to disable the landclass (base) entry in the scenery.cfg entirely.

 

2/ The second method is to disable just the PR bgl files which are contained in the landclass scenery folder.  You can find PR bgl files as they will be named either "PR", "photoreal", or with some location based naming (ie SW, NW etc).  Sometimes they may just be numbered.  There is a file called TMF viewer which is included in all the SDKs from FSX on and this can be used to open some types of bgl files including PR and mesh, so you can tell that way.  Another way to tell is that usually the PR files will be the largest files in the directory.  If it is a large file and it doesn't have "Library" or similar in the name it will most likely be a PR file or a mesh file.

 

Cheers,

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

 

 

Hi Murray,

 

Once the scenery is released someone (possibly me) will open a thread in the compatibility forum in the support forums, if someone else doesn't beat me to it ;).  The product is still in development, so there are still changes which could be made.

 

What I can say is that so far I have been using 2 methods, with pretty good results.

 

1/ T2Gs KMCO has two scenery entries; one for landclass (base) and one for the scenery itself (airport).  One method I was using was just to disable the landclass (base) entry in the scenery.cfg entirely.

 

2/ The second method is to disable just the PR bgl files which are contained in the landclass scenery folder.  You can find PR bgl files as they will be named either "PR", "photoreal", or with some location based naming (ie SW, NW etc).  Sometimes they may just be numbered.  There is a file called TMF viewer which is included in all the SDKs from FSX on and this can be used to open some types of bgl files including PR and mesh, so you can tell that way.  Another way to tell is that usually the PR files will be the largest files in the directory.  If it is a large file and it doesn't have "Library" or similar in the name it will most likely be a PR file or a mesh file.

 

Cheers,

Great - thanks Scott for clarifying. Looking forward to this one!

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to disable downtown buildings from this scenery.

I have my own made Orlando downtown scenery for P3d, and id like to use that with your Orlando CityScape scenery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ToniJH said:

Is it possible to disable downtown buildings from this scenery.

I have my own made Orlando downtown scenery for P3d, and id like to use that with your Orlando CityScape scenery?

 

Very unlikely!  Certainly there won't be any sort of option with the scenery package.  Whether an exclude for the area you have modelled would work I don't know but I guess the onus is on you to experiment and see if your unique situation can be satisfied.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ToniJH said:

Is it possible to disable downtown buildings from this scenery.

I have my own made Orlando downtown scenery for P3d, and id like to use that with your Orlando CityScape scenery?

I'd love to learn how to make buidligs... I would like to create my capital's ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I'd love to learn how to make buidligs... I would like to create my capital's ones.

Hi, i have FSDS tool for 3d modeling, then i make all buildings to mdl file and make one Library file, it contains all 3d building models, then i use Whisplacer tool to place buildings to their right places in Prepar3d.

2019-1-8_9-31-0-964.jpg

2019-1-8_9-31-16-997.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:18 AM, CX 747-400 said:

This looks like an amazing improvement over the default.

 

I am sure that I am just being picky since I live in the area, but.....

 

The models of Cinderellas Castle, Astro-Orbiter and Space mountain are way off. The Castle is the tallest structure in the Magic Kingdom at 189ft. Space Mountain is only 90ft.

 

The boats that you have going from the Magic Kingdom to the Transportation Ticket Center are the wrong type of boat. They should be a 2 story open air ferry boat. The boats you have modeled are the ones that go from Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

 

The Disney Springs area is way off. There have been several changes in the last 3 - 5 years.

You also have the shadow of the tethered balloon ride in the lake, but no balloon is visible.  

 

Saratoga Springs Resort has 3 different colors of singles on the roofs of the buildings.

 

Like I said, I am just being picky. Either way, Thank you for showing Orlando so love.

 

 

As the Orlando area is my favorite destination for my vacation, I do agree with CX 747-400. The size of buildings are way off in comparison with each other. Cinderella Castle should be the most prominent building and therefore much bigger.

 

I cannot make out the "Highway in the Sky", the Monorail system. Is that being implemented as being a prominent feature of transport around Bay Lake? It connects various resorts and the "Ticket and Transportationcenter" with the Magic Kingdom.

 

There are two kinds of boat transportation. First the Ferries between the Parking Lot and the Magic Kingdom, being the open air Ferry boat. Secondly the smaller boats for transportation to and from the different resort areas.

 

Why do you only model the Contemporary resort when there are also the Polynesian and Grand Floridian resorts as prominent feature?

 

Also I would like a fairly accurate representation of Hw 192. This is a very prominent road in this area.

 

I am missing the airport KSFO (Sanford) It is located North of KMCO. Is it out of range?

 

There is room for improvement concerning the accuraccy of the scenery, but I will buy it anyway :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ToniJH said:

Hi, i have FSDS tool for 3d modeling, then i make all buildings to mdl file and make one Library file, it contains all 3d building models, then i use Whisplacer tool to place buildings to their right places in Prepar3d.

2019-1-8_9-31-0-964.jpg

2019-1-8_9-31-16-997.jpg

 

Thank you Toni

I'll reach you by PM

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 9:01 AM, Richard van Waasdijk said:

As the Orlando area is my favorite destination for my vacation, I do agree with CX 747-400. The size of buildings are way off in comparison with each other. Cinderella Castle should be the most prominent building and therefore much bigger.

 

I cannot make out the "Highway in the Sky", the Monorail system. Is that being implemented as being a prominent feature of transport around Bay Lake? It connects various resorts and the "Ticket and Transportationcenter" with the Magic Kingdom.

 

There are two kinds of boat transportation. First the Ferries between the Parking Lot and the Magic Kingdom, being the open air Ferry boat. Secondly the smaller boats for transportation to and from the different resort areas.

 

Why do you only model the Contemporary resort when there are also the Polynesian and Grand Floridian resorts as prominent feature?

 

Also I would like a fairly accurate representation of Hw 192. This is a very prominent road in this area.

 

I am missing the airport KSFO (Sanford) It is located North of KMCO. Is it out of range?

 

There is room for improvement concerning the accuraccy of the scenery, but I will buy it anyway :D

I'd love some developer to do Sanford, there must be demand for this, as most UK charter airlines fly into it, I know everytime me and my family have been on holiday in Florida we flew into Sanford. Come on Orbx this is a great opportunity for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just bought this one and I am trully very, very dissapointed. I'm quite familiar with this area because I spend my vacation there twice a year.

 

After taking off from RW 33 at KISM I took a left turn and followed the IRL Bronson Memorial Highway (192) toward interstate 4. The first thing that I noticed was that there are practically no trees. It's all just flat plains, which is totally inaccurate. There should be trees all over the place. Yes, they are in the photoscenery, but that is totally not realistic.

There should be all kinds of resorts and hotels at both sides of the 192. There are a few, but very sparse and very inaccurate. Also a prominent place to visit is Old Town. With its ferris wheel and other big attractions you cannot miss it. Well, here you can, because it's not present at all!

Coming to the Disney area, I missed the big entrance sign over the road (World Drive) when you enter by car. The parking lot entrances are there, so why leave this out?

Flying over the Hollywood studios I noticed that The Hollywood Tower of Terror is missing its textures. Its just a big brownish block. Furthermore you should have done your homework because the Mickey hat from Phantasia at the square has been gone for a few years now!

Disney Springs is also very inaccurate. The new shopping center which was built a few years ago is not present. Also the large parking garages (Lime, Orange and the new Lemon) are not there. It's still the old situation with parking at the open air parking spot. Totally not true. Also I see the shadow of the helium balloon in the water, but no balloon. Surely you could have corrected this.

I had to look twice, but finaly found the Animal Kingdom. This park is missing some key features like the Tree Of Life and Mount Everest. Surely you cannot have overlooked that ???

 

I bought this scenery because I know this area. What a dissapointment this was... I do hope that you fix things in an update soon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, Richard van Waasdijk said:

After taking off from RW 33 at KISM I took a left turn and followed the IRL Bronson Memorial Highway (192) toward interstate 4. The first thing that I noticed was that there are practically no trees. It's all just flat plains, which is totally inaccurate. There should be trees all over the place. Yes, they are in the photoscenery, but that is totally not realistic.

There should be all kinds of resorts and hotels at both sides of the 192. There are a few, but very sparse and very inaccurate. Also a prominent place to visit is Old Town. With its ferris wheel and other big attractions you cannot miss it. Well, here you can, because it's not present at all!

 

 

The area in question is full of trees for me so maybe check your scenery is working properly.

 

The area you refer to, I92 and Old Town, are on the very edge or outside the scenery coverage area.  Check the coverage map to ascertain exactly what you should be seeing.

 

I don't know Disney World at all but I imagine there needs to be a trade off between detail and performance, not to mention the problem of hand modelling such a complex piece of scenery for a product selling for a bit over $20 US.  And the sceenry is a point in time that is determined by when the imagery for the project was purchased, which can often be a couple of years before the product is completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Dow said:

 

 

The area in question is full of trees for me so maybe check your scenery is working properly.

 

The area you refer to, I92 and Old Town, are on the very edge or outside the scenery coverage area.  Check the coverage map to ascertain exactly what you should be seeing.

 

I don't know Disney World at all but I imagine there needs to be a trade off between detail and performance, not to mention the problem of hand modelling such a complex piece of scenery for a product selling for a bit over $20 US.  And the sceenry is a point in time that is determined by when the imagery for the project was purchased, which can often be a couple of years before the product is completed.

Yes, meanwhile I have seen some posts with screenshots full of trees :D

So this probably is an issue at my side. Don't know what but I'm looking into it.

 

I do understand there is a trade off but significant buildings should not be left out. The three parking garages at Disney Springs for instance are huge buildings that cannot be overlooked.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Richard van Waasdijk said:

Yes, meanwhile I have seen some posts with screenshots full of trees :D

So this probably is an issue at my side. Don't know what but I'm looking into it.

 

I do understand there is a trade off but significant buildings should not be left out. The three parking garages at Disney Springs for instance are huge buildings that cannot be overlooked.

 

 

 

Interesting, you complain about 3 Parkinggarages? Most people, like me wouldn't recognize. Thats difficult, you are in Orlando two times a year, this makes it to an (nearby) homeairport (or scenery in this case) and you wan't it perfekt. This will never happen, I think it's better to ask friendly to add some things and don't expect an update soon. Most people don't care about these things, because the most people haven't been that often in Orlando and don't know this area very well like you do. This scenery is really cheap for it's quality, I respect this really.

 

an old topic (about SODE), but it works also in this case:

 

 

Thanks Urmel

Edited by Urmel81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Urmel81 said:

 

Interesting, you complain about 3 Parkinggarages? Most people, like me wouldn't recognize. Thats difficult, you are in Orlando two times a year, this makes it to an (nearby) homeairport (or scenery in this case) and you wan't it perfekt. This will never happen, I think it's better to ask friendly to add some things and don't expect an update soon. Most people don't care about these things, because the most people haven't been that often in Orlando and don't know this area very well like you do. This scenery is really cheap for it's quality, I respect this really.

 

an old topic (about SODE), but it works also in this case:

 

 

Thanks Urmel

Say thank you for what? A scenery that is not halfway correct? Or lacking the most obvious POI'S? And POI's that are there are not correct. Part of this scenery shows the state it was in several years ago.

Yes, it was a cheap buy, and I don't want it perfect. But at least it should be as accurate as can be and not outdatet a few years.

I am very black or white, no grey. Yes or no, no maybe. I don't need to say thank you. I paid money for something they offer me to buy. They should thank me for spending my money. Afterall, that's their businessmodel to make money. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Richard van Waasdijk said:

Say thank you for what? A scenery that is not halfway correct? Or lacking the most obvious POI'S? And POI's that are there are not correct. Part of this scenery shows the state it was in several years ago.

Yes, it was a cheap buy, and I don't want it perfect. But at least it should be as accurate as can be and not outdatet a few years.

I am very black or white, no grey. Yes or no, no maybe. I don't need to say thank you. I paid money for something they offer me to buy. They should thank me for spending my money. Afterall, that's their businessmodel to make money. 

 

Not to say Thank you. That has to do with the orbx sode update. The way you complain is wrong, a user in this post wrote something about this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

this announcement topic is now too far from its subject.

If you have a problem with the scenery, pleae post a support topic.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...