GCBraun

active Antennas all over the northern US East Coast

Hello, I am since months experiencing an issue with hundreds of Antennas appearing all over the northern part of the eastern coast of the US (KIAD - KJFK - KBOS area).

Currently I have FTX Global and OpenLC NA installed. I had also Vector, but that is uninstalled now. P3D 4.4 in use, but this issue started with 4.2 or 4.3.

The problem is similar to those described here:

Does anyone know the name of this particular object so that I may exclude it?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by GCBraun

Hi there,

as mentioned in the threads you're referencing the issue isn't with the objects but rather some camera or view .cfg that interferes with this particular kind of extrusion objects.

The default masts and antennae are part of the "hazards.bgl" library, located in  \Scenery\Global\scenery. However, deactivating that file isn't a good idea. For one, you'd lose quite a few other objects also included in that library. More importantly, the many default placement files for those extrusion objects (the OBX... files in the numbered default folders)  remain active, which will cause the sim to repeatedly search for the missing library file.

I'd suggest trying to figure out what specific setting in the camera/view is causing the issue. Have you checked whether this occurs with any aircraft, including default?

Cheers, Holger

Hi, here are some pictures with Chaseplane Off and using the default F22. The problem is the same.

For the moment I have deleted hazards.bgl and the problem is gone.

Any other ideas? I think this all started when I installed and then uninstalled Vector. I will never install Vector again, for sure.

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Edited by GCBraun

Hi again,

Global Vector doesn't exclude, place, or alter antennae, so that cannot have been the issue or trigger.

Any particular reason all of your screenshots are taken at night? Makes it difficult to cross-check. Also, coordinates blended in with all screenshots would help to find the same location. I did check the area south of KCDW and there are lots of default antennae in the area (more noticeable when temporarily deactivating all autogen). However, they all have different heights, which is different from the display issue in the referenced threads where all antennae show their full length of ~300ft. Difficult to say from your night screenshots whether you're just looking at the default scenery or whether you do have the display issue. 

Cheers, Holger