John Venema

ORBX 2019 ROADMAP (231 SCREENSHOTS!)

The Live Stream on Twitch was great , thanks to the three of you for putting it on . :):)

Cheers

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The P3D list of products looks great!

Massive kudos for updating ESSA with a SP.

OLC Africa & ME
Global BuildingsHD
Cityscape Cote d'Azur
NZNV Invercargill
TrueEarth GB (all)
Australia v2 (with its incredibly photo realistic ground textures)

These are all definitively on my shopping list.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Staggering disappointing how few announced there seems to be for X-Plane this year, I was really looking forward to what you had planned to grow and develop your scenery library for the platform. I know you stated that 70% of your customers are still on P3D but it's still sad to only see 3-4 project revealed for X-Plane in all of 2019... At least give us a FEW more conversions or something.

• Confused 1

This is all so awesome! :o It's particularly great to see the continuation of Cityscape products, they are excellent in combination with OpenLC for tubeliner flying. It will be very interesting to see how Global for XP turns out at the end of development.

Just one thing I'm wondering - what about those Alaskan airports that were in the 2018 roadmap? Has that been cancelled/put on hold?

9 minutes ago, SporadicSanity said:

Staggering disappointing how few announced there seems to be for X-Plane this year, I was really looking forward to what you had planned to grow and develop your scenery library for the platform. I know you stated that 70% of your customers are still on P3D but it's still sad to only see 3-4 project revealed for X-Plane in all of 2019... At least give us a FEW more conversions or something.

150 airports still to port across and TrueEarth regions all down the west coast of the USA and some more in Europe? Yep, very disappointing :lol:

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Asheroo said:

Just one thing I'm wondering - what about those Alaskan airports that were in the 2018 roadmap? Has that been cancelled/put on hold?

The Alaskan trio are still planned, Marcus had a baby this year which slowed things down a little bit. As I said in the roadmap we have 50+ projects under way or planned and we can’t show everything just yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, John Venema said:

150 airports still to port across and TrueEarth regions all down the west coast of the USA and some more in Europe? Yep, very disappointing :lol:

I didn't see that stated anywhere in the roadmap post. If true, that's awesome and I take it back. Maybe you should have made that clearer?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the roadmap, really looking forward to 2019 now. Are there still plans for TrueEarth Germany? IIRC there was some talk about it during the TrueEarth technology announcement.

6 minutes ago, SporadicSanity said:

I didn't see that stated anywhere in the roadmap post. If true, that's awesome and I take it back. Maybe you should have made that clearer?

Ah, we mentioned all that in the LiveStream. FSElite have put up a good summary of it here: https://fselite.net/news/orbx-2019-roadmap-livestream-starting-at-2000z-live-blog/

• Like 2

What a year ahead, and what mixed feeling of mine. I have all platforms, but I favor the new kids in town. Guess I have to insall my P3Dv4 back, which is not VR friendly. :rolleyes:

Thanks JV!  Man this is almost too good to be true.  2019 will be an amazing year, and beyond.  What a terrific roadmap this is, very impressive and I wish you guys all the best!

• Like 8

I was struck by the fact that Global Base is coming to X-plane. Last year's road map, which has been removed from the forum, said it was probably not feasible. I DID take that with a huge grain of salt.

I wonder whether ORBX will be working with Laminar to clean up that grotesquely backward scenery situation; in 2019, editing text files to arrange scenery layers is absurd, and one of the places where X-plane's DYI roots are embarrassingly obvious. Both ORBX and Laminar stand to profit from cleaning up that whole mess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SporadicSanity said:

I'm not quite sure that is the case , since Orbx just started being involved within the Xplane genre they have released 10 fold what they did for fsx in the early days ... 

24 minutes ago, Tim Harris said:

Just wondering which ones the 300 extra are to be ? there is something like 2000 real life airports in Oz . Since OZx is still down :) may matter to some !

600 total extra is awesome still .

Edited by VH-EEE
addition

Guess we should also say RIP, Regions.  I am still not sure I like the TrueEarth ones better.  One upcoming airport truly needs a region around it, some of the most spectacular scenery will be lost without it.  KSGU and the red rocks of Snow Canyon State Park, Zions and Bryce Canyon NPs would be a really good area to explore.  MCE Utah is one of their best sellers, it is because of the raw beauty of Utah.

Jhan

Fantastic news with so much to look out for over the coming year.

Very happy to see AUS v2 and XP11 Global in the pipeline but it is all very exciting news.

A big thanks to everybody involved for bringing this to us.

Also it is very pleasing to see the younger folks taking a big interest in this most absorbing of pass times  ensuring  there will be a ready market in the future.

• Like 3

A lot of interesting releases there, and I hope one day the images will become economically available for TE PNW to extend into Canada. That's outside your control I know... But here's hoping.

- Kenneth

I've been living and working in Orlando now for over 30 years so I eagerly await the Orlando scenery for "The City Beautiful". The official slogan of our city btw. I can easily point out a lot of landmarks from those early shots. And of course I hope to be able to see my home residence rooftop!! It's actually not very far north of the images shared. I can just make out my company office as well. Can't wait to see this up close.

Brad

• Like 1

All really good choices, Olbia, Santa Monica, hope there is room for LEBL Barcelona, to complete the cityscape. Very happy to see that Vancouver will be included in the True Earth NW series. A Vancouver cityscape would be outstanding, an airport approach/departure with a really scenic setting. Also a great setting for floatplanes, helicopter services. With a little luck the coverage will extend to Whistler and the ski resorts. Campbell river complements the existing set of floatplane destinations, terrific IFR flying.

Overall a set of releases which will renew interest in many areas, Australia looks, what it is, amazing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

JV: for those of us in Australia still limited to ADSL2, will we be able to get GBTE Sth on disk or USB?  Aus v2 is a priority, but the download though long can be done in a day I hope.

PS:  what a fantastic year ahead for us...it gives me an incentive to keep on living!

Edited by macca22au

GOD ALL MIGHTY!!!!

This is the most fantastic post I've seen this year :wub:

Have you seen Orlando? GB?

All the cityscapes? Honolulu!

The brilliant ground textures? In love with 10 & 11 for Africa

Gosh I feel like I swallowed 12 Red Bulls after reading this I'm about to explode of anxiety!

I can't wait, so excited.

Nothing for Latin America yet (except the buildings) but I can totally live with all the above, no problem :D

THANK YOU !!!!!

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

All looks fantastic. Just wish I had a better computer so that I can enjoy the beauty of what you guys are producing. (currently 2.7Ghz Dual Core Win7 running FSX deluxe)

No YPPH though... pity.

9 hours ago, SporadicSanity said:

At least give us a FEW more conversions or something.

In case you missed it from the stream, all airports are being ported over.

• Like 1

Wonderful roadmap, John.

You made my day, after a long hard year of work, this roadmap is one of my best Christmas gifts

and P3D is back !

If only now Santa's reindeer could stick to the release year ;)

Best to all pilots  and developers !

Dom

Edited by MasonDominique

9 hours ago, Cody Donnellan said:

Any idea if [YBBN] and [YMML] are coming to XP11

Yes, all our airports will be ported eventually. It will take some years though ;)

9 hours ago, OscarGrant said:

what about cityscene san Francisco?

We we will include a cityscape SFO with the TrueEarth California regions.

7 hours ago, ArturAir said:

John,

Any plans for other openLC regions?

We we had a roadmap 5 years ago which we still intend to complete eventually. Asia would be next.

7 hours ago, VH-EEE said:

TOP stream . OZv2 looks AMAZING thanks . Is there a list of the default airports that are included .

Just filter Australia in the FSX/P3D airport selection menu.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1