Jump to content
Stillwater

Travelling continues

Recommended Posts

The next leg of our real travel plan would be done with Virgin Australia VA1627. Getting ready in Sydney (domestic):

LeROjsf.jpg

 

After a southbound start sitting on the right side of the plane would be advantageous.

Fv0qTlz.jpg

 

Too high to enjoy the Blue Mountains...

r2PqgS7.jpg

 

... not even the other way round. But you can still see the Pacific.

78H5vfM.jpg

 

Fly-by in Bathurst...

9AjIUcZ.jpg

 

... and finally you see the green-red border. I will surely do a flight like this in Australia v2 to compare.

KAzgGVR.jpg

 

Hours later. A landmark for orientation...

2EBorwM.jpg

 

... and, after turning into final, another one.

FX85GTe.jpg

 

What a challenge for the pilots not to only look at that rock!

8zr8Cv3.jpg

GvWCEbk.jpg

 

After an eventual safe landing OZx YAYE already shows us where to go...

QrUDJSI.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerold - absolutely stunning shots sir!

At first I thought -- ooh , maybe the plane is just too white:huh:

But then when I saw where you ended up , it just worked a treat.

It really helped to convey the sense of a very hot, dry day, where the sun is so bright it almost makes your eyes ache!

 

Thanks for this.  I really enjoyed it :)

Cheers

R

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super collection of shots, Gerold. Nice to see the domestic terminals of the airports that I own. :D

 

20 hours ago, Stillwater said:

... and finally you see the green-red border. I will surely do a flight like this in Australia v2 to compare.

... I am also quite keen on OZ2. Look at the square woods. We have our requirements, right? ;)

 

20 hours ago, Stillwater said:

What a challenge for the pilots not to only look at that rock!

Survival instinct.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey stillwater. It will indeed be interesting to see what Aus V2 does with arid country like this. IN the meantime, this is pretty darned good. Thanks!

Thank you Rodger. Indeed I am longing for that AusV2 - and I´ll have to repeat many flights again to rediscover the country.

 

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was very cool Gerold!

Thanks Jack. No flight action, just a pure simulation... ???

 

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

It s good to see Ayres Rock and the Olgas again.

A wonderful flight too.

Thank you Martyn. I´ll have to do a closer inspection of the rocks today or tomorrow.

 

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding set of shots Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam!

 

14 hours ago, renault said:

Gerold - absolutely stunning shots sir!

At first I thought -- ooh , maybe the plane is just too white:huh:

But then when I saw where you ended up , it just worked a treat.

It really helped to convey the sense of a very hot, dry day, where the sun is so bright it almost makes your eyes ache!

Thanks for this.  I really enjoyed it :)

Cheers

R

Merci Renault. I just took the livery from stock, with no colour tweaking in p3d. Maybe this is just the effect of the Australian weather?

 

12 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots and tour Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

 

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Super collection of shots, Gerold. Nice to see the domestic terminals of the airports that I own. :D

You made me think. Lars... but I suppose you only see the big terminals with your "standard" plane, is that true?

 

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

... I am also quite keen on OZ2. Look at the square woods. We have our requirements, right? ;)

Indeed, the squared landclass inspired me to thing of OZ2. And I am sure there will be more to discover... :wub:

 

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Survival instinct.

... and sheer concentration. Or even routine (which would be a pity).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...