Jump to content
Captain Lars

Central Asia and then some!

Recommended Posts

Just some Asian (and North American) highlights, without much ado.

 

PIA789 OPKC-CYYZ

 

Baku

sHB85DP.jpg

 

The beginning of the Caucasus Range

o2arlCe.jpg

 

Scandinavia

ad4oLSk.jpg

 

Greenland

WRr7Hbm.jpg

 

Labrador

QIfCQ4c.jpg

 

juPOD13.jpg

 

ieHIU8y.jpg

 

 

PIA790 CYYZ-OPLA

 

Ontario

9j657nw.jpg

 

kgM8HZ5.jpg

 

Québec

GXrI0WA.jpg

 

Oh no, the yellow flood!

6NJkcGn.jpg

 

2Qi3N4e.jpg

 

Mother Russia.

CccyN2h.jpg

 

Let's make an awesome turn.

JqXClU0.jpg

 

uNxU2zG.jpg

 

What remains of Lake Aral.

8wIbOsD.jpg

 

drtSRnS.jpg

 

It could benefit from some Orbx love.

gbFLqdG.jpg

 

The Fann Mountains of Tajikistan.

fTXZdW5.jpg

 

esMAb2o.jpg

 

Dushanbe ("Monday"), the capital of Tajikistan.

dAeSrqO.jpg

 

TJqn5z9.jpg

 

The Hindu Kush ("Hindu Murderer") in Afghanistan.

yt8oWhb.jpg

 

J7IoHKb.jpg

 

I1r3557.jpg

 

Close to Lahore, the view goes in the direction of Islamabad and the Western Himalaya.

UsVxk1y.jpg

 

Thank you for looking. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great journey and travel description to go with it. :)

You have a real knack for this sort of thing Capt'n please continue to give us more!

Cheers

R

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply magnificent Lars

It's funny, I think the "mother Russia" is said worldwide

Have you flown in Georgia and Turkey? both look great

Just ended flying around Ataturk tonight in the Myria A225

One of these nights flew to M Ararat trying to  spot Noah's ark :D  ended up landing in Iran

Are you aware of the photos sceneries created for the Middle East?
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An outstanding set Lars.

I enjoyed your world trip and looking at some rarely seen places.

I looked at the 789 bit and then looked at the plane and saw it was a 772! The penny finally dropped!:lol:

I like the PIA colours too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, renault said:

Another great journey and travel description to go with it. :)

You have a real knack for this sort of thing Capt'n please continue to give us more!

Cheers

R

 

Thank you very much for your kind words Renault, they really lift me up. :)

 

22 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Simply magnificent Lars

It's funny, I think the "mother Russia" is said worldwide

Have you flown in Georgia and Turkey? both look great

Just ended flying around Ataturk tonight in the Myria A225

One of these nights flew to M Ararat trying to  spot Noah's ark :D  ended up landing in Iran

Are you aware of the photos sceneries created for the Middle East?
 

Wow, thank you, Carlos!

Yes, I have flown in Georgia and Turkey and you're probably right. So many areas that look awesome. Imagine how Central Asia or the Caucasus would look with a proper OpenLC. :wub:

You can get easily to Mt. Ararat by starting in Zvartnots, Armenia (UDYZ) and taking off in a westerly direction. You can't miss it. It's the holy mountain of the Armenians, but it lies in Turkey. :huh::(

 

22 hours ago, lifejogger said:

A great collection of shots from around the world, I enjoyed looking at them.

Thank you a lot, John!

 

22 hours ago, adambar said:

Well done once again Lars, enjoyed the trip! :)

Thank you for looking at all my postings, Master Adam. :D

 

20 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, too, Master Iain!

 

20 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An outstanding set Lars.

I enjoyed your world trip and looking at some rarely seen places.

I looked at the 789 bit and then looked at the plane and saw it was a 772! The penny finally dropped!:lol:

I like the PIA colours too.

Thank you very much, Martyn, I'm glad that you liked it. That's what I thought, "let's show some of the rare places". :)

 

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing Lars.  Must have been quite a long flight!

Thank you a lot, Jack, it has been a very long flight, 14 hours to Toronto and 12 1/2 hours back to Lahore.

 

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Captain. Wonderful tour. I do think that you have a special gift for illuminating geography. Hope you will keep on doing so.

Hey Rodger, it is indeed a fine thing to get such a nice comment. Thank you very much!!! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Wow, thank you, Carlos!

Yes, I have flown in Georgia and Turkey and you're probably right. So many areas that look awesome. Imagine how Central Asia or the Caucasus would look with a proper OpenLC. :wub:

You can get easily to Mt. Ararat by starting in Zvartnots, Armenia (UDYZ) and taking off in a westerly direction. You can't miss it. It's the holy mountain of the Armenians, but it lies in Turkey. :huh::(

1

Hi Lars

Yes, that exactly I did, flew from Zvartnots. The mountain is huge and indeed can't be missed.

Someday, I hope, we'll see this area developed by Orbx

The views over the Mamara see are great. Turkey is another country I would like to visit

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...