Scoot'ing not to the Land of Oz... (but with SIA)

It turns out that the Scoot 777/787 that's normally doing the flight to the Gold Coast is under maintenance due to an electronical failure... Thankfully, the mother company SIA steps in and does the job! And they even have pilots!

The night hours at a busy airport... Using South Crossing 1 to get to the runway 02L.

Qftsszt.jpg

Holding short at W9, Singapore 86.

PTgCbBb.jpg

PxcqVYm.jpg

"Mommy, are we there yet?"

hkL3O28.jpg

Lineup.

gJgCdH2.jpg

And takeoff, we have a takeoff...

FNVBAym.jpg

Leaving Singapore to the right.

iJeqQn0.jpg

7SULfH0.jpg

I love it when the first light of day appears on the horizon.

dJIMC0x.jpg

The land of Oz finally.

7YS1c4s.jpg

BKlBbhE.jpg

EO5DkNh.jpg

nyac4k3.jpg

We're closing in towards the Gold Coast.

b7pzqoX.jpg

Some clouds over the mountains to the north don't irritate us.

njQKNT2.jpg

It might be the pacific coast of New South Wales, but it's still the Queens land, of course... Sorry a bit cheesy. :rollmyeyes:

nDH9Pgb.jpg

Now that's a really long beach!

a2nKRGO.jpg

"Mommy, are we going to swim there?"

IO7GlR9.jpg

Cx0OyyZ.jpg

A bit late, the touchdown, but we are able to come to a comfortable stop nonetheless...

05VTtko.jpg

YBCG, Coolangatta, Coast of Gold...

Hd5zpkI.jpg

The 777 is the only plane to show a mysterious halo...

6i4bjZ5.jpg

Let's get that stuff out...

HSEE8nG.jpg

"So, did you find the screwdriver that you lost last week?" --"No idea!"

eM009sC.jpg

yQ5upBA.jpg

"Mommy, is the plane waiting for us for when we go back?"

IOkB7PO.jpg

That's it! As always, ...:D:rollmyeyes::)

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Like 8

A great narration, Lars. I hope mommy will recollect her nerves during the holidays.

Plus, I like the well-maintained status of 9V-SVV, I will surely be able to serve on her later this year again!

PS: The Merkel travel story is amazing, to me it sounds as if there were some details wrongly or not communicated.

• Like 2

A day in the life of a pilot sir! It took me , several rescans of the first 6 shots to realize that they were not real photographs :)

This was really nicely composed, with an interesting commentary and outstanding series of screenshots.

Thank you for putting this together and sharing it with us.

Cheers

Renault

• Like 1

Lars this is top knock pictures!

I really like the 777 and that livery

Some spectacular ones 5,6,8,11,15 & from 20 on :D

Entertained by the story 

I don't usually fly at night as I like a lot to admire the landscape and cities, but this I liked very much.

Do you have FSD Ground Service?

Thanks for sharing this trip I enjoyed it

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

A great narration, Lars. I hope mommy will recollect her nerves during the holidays.

Plus, I like the well-maintained status of 9V-SVV, I will surely be able to serve on her later this year again!

PS: The Merkel travel story is amazing, to me it sounds as if there were some details wrongly or not communicated.

Thank you very much, Gerold! I suggest that potential enemies attack our country right after the afternoon shift so that the Luftwaffe has no spare pilots to respond. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, renault said:

A day in the life of a pilot sir! It took me , several rescans of the first 6 shots to realize that they were not real photographs :)

This was really nicely composed, with an interesting commentary and outstanding series of screenshots.

Thank you for putting this together and sharing it with us.

Cheers

Renault

Thank you so much, Renault! It's a pleasure to share them!

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

Excellent shots Lars, thanks for sharing!

Your welcome, thank you for the comment, Chunk!

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gosh, Lars, what a nice story and trip. Thanks!

Thank you a lot for stopping over, Rodger!

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Lars this is top knock pictures!

I really like the 777 and that livery

Some spectacular ones 5,6,8,11,15 & from 20 on :D

Entertained by the story 

I don't usually fly at night as I like a lot to admire the landscape and cities, but this I liked very much.

Do you have FSD Ground Service?

Thanks for sharing this trip I enjoyed it

¡¡Muchísimas gracias, Carlos!! I'm really happy to read that you like it that much.

I have GSX, but only part 1.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was great Lars!  And man could I tell some stories of screwdrivers and tools.

Thank you very much, Jack, I'm glad that you like it!

6 minutes ago, lauriebe said:

Great set and story Lars.  Excellent set of images.

Thank you very much, lauriebe!! Much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

¡¡Muchísimas gracias, Carlos!! I'm really happy to read that you like it that much.

I have GSX, but only part 1.

Hola Lars, gracias

I saw in Simmarket they have a Bundle deal GSX part one and two for just $23.00 or Euros don't remember. I was so tempted but I had the impression GSX was not compatible with ORBX so left the opportunity go 

Good to know it works fine

Muchísimas gracias

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I suggest that potential enemies attack our country right after the afternoon shift so that the Luftwaffe has no spare pilots to respond. 

Asterix in Britain has shown us the way: Be it the 5 o´clock tea or even the weekend!

• Like 2

Great shots! Yes - in real-world (ie real life - not the sim!) I recently flew Scoot Sydney to Singapore. Just like these sim shots the flight was actually flown by a Singapore Airlines 777 with full Singapore Airlines crew. One bonus of the switch of the aircraft from Scoot to their parent's fleet was that all passengers received a full complimentary meal service. There had no ability on the flight to sell anything, so while we received a "free" full Singapore Airlines meal they didn't provide any alcoholic drinks or other services that Scoot usually sell. Another strange twist was that they didn't turn on the Singapore Airlines in-flight entertainment - our screens remained turned off!

Edited by mfahey
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Cap'n Lars. That lost screw driver Lars was it 2 or 4 shots of Vodka and Orange juice? I found mine just now:rolleyes:

:lol::D Thank you Karl. :)

20 hours ago, adambar said:

Deluxe set of captures Lars, well done! :)

Thank you very much, Adam!

19 hours ago, BradB said:

First class images Lars !! .

Cheers

John

Thank you much, John!

14 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand post indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much, oh Screenshot Master!

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Couldn't be better Lars, a wonderful flight with the best airline and plane.:)

Thank you a lot, Martyn. I'm happy that you like it that much, and even more so that you say it's the best plane... :ph34r:;):)

39 minutes ago, mfahey said:

Great shots! Yes - in real-world (ie real life - not the sim!) I recently flew Scoot Sydney to Singapore. Just like these sim shots the flight was actually flown by a Singapore Airlines 777 with full Singapore Airlines crew. One bonus of the switch of the aircraft from Scoot to their parent's fleet was that all passengers received a full complimentary meal service. There had no ability on the flight to sell anything, so while we received a "free" full Singapore Airlines meal they didn't provide any alcoholic drinks or other services that Scoot usually sell. Another strange twist was that they didn't turn on the Singapore Airlines in-flight entertainment - our screens remained turned off!

Thank you very much for your insightful comment from the real world. I'm really glad to hear that my twist to choose Singapore over Scoot wasn't unreal at all. My next twist will be Swiss 77W to Denver instead of Edelweiss A330. Your story makes it even better. :)

• Like 2