Iain Emms

TrueEarth GB Central XP11 out in the Mirage.

Can I ask if you're using one of the standard Xvision presets or one that you've created yourself please? Also I assume you're still with XP 11.26 and haven't gone down the beta route as I know that has played havoc with xvision!

Excellent stuff, Iain.  X-Vision doesn’t work for me with X-Plane 11.26.  

Kev

Cannot believe Orbx Team can change the XPlane default scenery to such releastic and beautiful scenery. Thanks.

30 minutes ago, suspman said:

Can I ask if you're using one of the standard Xvision presets or one that you've created yourself please? Also I assume you're still with XP 11.26 and haven't gone down the beta route as I know that has played havoc with xvision!

Using one called impressive and yes haven't gone down the beta road.

Cheers

Iain

Hi Iain. I have gone down the beta route and saw that there are problems with the Xvision. Can I take it that this is being looked at by whoever developed the program. Thanks Derek.

12 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Iain. I have gone down the beta route and saw that there are problems with the Xvision. Can I take it that this is being looked at by whoever developed the program. Thanks Derek.

Sorry Derek I don't know the answer to that one .

cheers

Iain

After beta 5 came out they posted something to the effect that x plane had changed so much it would require a load of work to get xvision working again so they were likely going to hold off until 11.3 is officially released. 

Thanks Iain and you suspman. At the moment I don’t use anything and apart from the True Earth stuff Xplane does look a bit bland. Did try to use Reshade but just couldn’t get it to work. Derek.

35 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Thanks Iain and you suspman. At the moment I don’t use anything and apart from the True Earth stuff Xplane does look a bit bland. Did try to use Reshade but just couldn’t get it to work. Derek.

Hello Derek.

You can use this one.I never had a problem with." XP11 SweetFX Settings & installation"

The second possibility is to go back to XP11.26 version to use x Vision.

I always fly with the latest version of XP but in this case with (XP11.30b5) and because a can't fly with out xVision I came back to version stable 11.26.

Here is a link to the latest news about xVision

http://x-vision.pro/releases.html

I use xVision too (it’s developed by the original PTA guys), and frankly it’s the best upgrade for XP11 you can get without needing to do a single tweak. Just install it and choose the ‘Impressive’ preset and it gives a complete visual lift to the sim.

That’s the good news. The bad news is that because Laminar are moving to Vulkan which uses completely different shader tech, 11.30b5 has made significant changes (8,000 files replaced with just 1, as an example) which means xVision won’t work in XP11.30 Beta5. The solution is simply to opt out of the public betas and stick with 11.26 which works fine with xVision 1.0 

Additionally I also use Ultra Weather XP to fine tune the cloud textures, darkness and size of cloud shadows, haze levels, shadow quality, water and sky colour and more.

Those two addons combine to give a wonderful environment in XP11,  very much like PTA does for P3Dv4 (actually, a lot more).

A warning though: xVision is payware and there is no guarantee that when XP11.30 is out of beta that it will work. I think that long term though, the developers will learn the new shader tech and get it working with the Vulkan renderer that XP is moving too.

• Like 3

I go down the beta road with Xplane.

I am new to Orbx, did spot all the stunning shots from the Orbx team using Xvision.

At that time I was on XP 11.30 beta 4, shelled out some cash on Xvision and it worked very well indeed for 1 day :)

Upgraded to beta 5, now it does not run, roll on XP 11.30

So be the world of beta testing :huh:

PS

I only wish the Orbx team would stop posting screen shots and videos of TE Central , I keep pushing my credit card into my CD-rom slot and shout at the screen but nothing works... still no TE Central :unsure:

• Haha 1

I know you've crossed Hadrian's Wall in that Mirage - how about a wider circle over the Firth of Forth and down the southeast coast of Scotland.

11 hours ago, davidrebolton said:

Iain, could you please show Southport/Ainsdale/Formby :)

With thanks 

Will whack some up after work for you.

I took a load before I set off for work this morning they will be called The North West Coast.

cheers

Iain

• Like 1

20 hours ago, g0emf said:

I go down the beta road with Xplane.

I am new to Orbx, did spot all the stunning shots from the Orbx team using Xvision.

At that time I was on XP 11.30 beta 4, shelled out some cash on Xvision and it worked very well indeed for 1 day :)

Upgraded to beta 5, now it does not run, roll on XP 11.30

So be the world of beta testing :huh:

PS

I only wish the Orbx team would stop posting screen shots and videos of TE Central , I keep pushing my credit card into my CD-rom slot and shout at the screen but nothing works... still no TE Central :unsure:

Or 11.30b4 xVision has a beta version that works in that XP version on their download section.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, John Venema said:

Just roll back to 11.26 and xVision will work again.

I take Vulkan anytime given a choice!...and why we cannot have a simple gama slider in XP, that will help us a lot, VR users!?

Edited by Aeroflux
  • Like 1