An average morning in the small Australian location of Broome, WA. 33°C and no clouds visible at the airport. A man is taking pictures of a Qantas 737.

CZpMMs1.jpg

On the other side of the terminal, the visitors of the airport café think it's too early to sit down and have a beer.

UZ7CoTE.jpg

A young man who doesn't look like the waiter ponders if he should sit down next to the lady at the table. But he's too fascinated by another object within his sight!

BPnIttC.jpg

Let's get a better overview of the scenery. Something seems odd here.

7M1n5Cs.jpg

This is none of the usual visitors to Broome.

1h6DRNm.jpg

A Boeing team decided to do some test flights in the town.

yL3nlFD.jpg

A relaxed spectator witnesses the rare event of a Triple Seven backtracking on Broome's 7900' runway.

z3CWDYV.jpg

Surprisingly, it's not that difficult to turn the 777 around at the end of the runway.

dSKhJI0.jpg

Not a challenge for the seasoned pilot!

2GUFpUU.jpg

Boeing One X-ray, cleared for takeoff.

pWoQb25.jpg

Level off at 3000' and right turn over the bay.

GCuF2rt.jpg

Some of the engineers took seat in the cabin.

yKtt4bV.jpg

Rumour has it that one of the locals took the opportunity to do some illegal drone filming. Well done!

GhJU12i.jpg

vjmv3z1.jpg

Unfortunately, the team was too busy to take photos of all the patterns they flew.

BO86Up2.jpg

Nr1dxay.jpg

0oYgPid.jpg

Ninety minutes later: beer is out of stock, only a vintage newspaper serves the guest. ;)

sAKiopx.jpg

Cheers

Lars

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

think it's too early to sit down and have a beer.

That sounds like a mistake...

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Ninety minutes later: beer is out of stock,

Yes, it was a mistake!!!

Otherwise a great little report of some recent events in the outback. The camels would be disturbed in their usual boredom.

• Haha 3

Hey Lars. Beautiful use of all the ORBX details. The initial airport narrative was so entertaining that I almost regretted leaving it to get on with the flight. But then the flight was shot so well that it became my new favorite. The only regret in this quarter is that we didn't get the treat of a landing and disembarking sequence. That probably would have been my next undying favorite part. Thanks! Great set.

• Thanks 1

Hey Lars. Beautiful use of all the ORBX details. The initial airport narrative was so entertaining that I almost regretted leaving it to get on with the flight. But then the flight was shot so well that it became my new favorite. The only regret in this quarter is that we didn't get the treat of a landing and disembarking sequence. That probably would have been my next undying favorite part. Thanks! Great set.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great post Lars!!!!!!!  I really like all of those shots around the airport and the Boeing flight very nice!!!!!!

Thank you so much, John. I'm very pleased that you like it!

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

That sounds like a mistake...

Yes, it was a mistake!!!

Otherwise a great little report of some recent events in the outback. The camels would be disturbed in their usual boredom.

Ooops! You're totally right. The best thing is that this detail of the storyline had escaped my attention until you rightfully pointed it out. The best things happen without planning. :)

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Fantastic post Lars!

Great pics

Thank you Carlos! Muchas gracias.

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Well done Lars. But it's never too early for a beer. Great shots nice narrative. The lady in red is nice:wub:. Thanks for sharing.:)

Thank you for commenting and you're welcome. I wasn't sure what was more intriguing, the beauty or the beast. :D

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Bravo Lars!  Well done indeed, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thank you, Jack, and I'm happy that you enjoyed it.

36 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Rodger, thank you so much for your cheerful comment. I totally agree with you: the ending came a little unexpected. But landing and taking off are usually the parts where I forget to take photos. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, adambar said:

Some of these people must be frequent flyers, there all over the place. :D  Anyway, a super post as always Lars! :)

Thank you very much, Master Adam!

20 hours ago, Chunk said:

Fantastic shots Lars!!

Thank you much, Chunk!

18 hours ago, paulb said:

First class post Lars! :)

Thank you a lot for your comment, Paul!

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A very enjoyable story Lars.

In interesting look around some of the airport and then an unusual flight from Broome.

Exactly. Thank you very much for your comment, Martyn!

11 hours ago, BradB said:

T7 goodies Lars with a perky "Lady in Red" thrown in for good measure . All and all a pretty smashing post . :):rolleyes::o:D

Cheers

John

Thank you very much, I'm glad that you like it. Yes, I thought the same about the right balance between the different perks presented here. :D

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much for your comment, Iain!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1