Stillwater

How I got to Bilbao

Leaving Barcelona I had a good view of the tower...

LsthQcJ.jpg

YWqIHCa.jpg

... and found @Captain Lars just ahead of me. 

9Wc3fez.jpg

I had to wait for his huge wake before I could get off...

ABKwvMe.jpg

... on the initial SID towards the sea...

YQ78jIn.jpg

YVjvaU4.jpg

uSpDECs.jpg

... and then westwards. Over the countryside, into dawn and clouds...

xtPlvnz.jpg

UI0Hqkq.jpg

... and towards the Bay of Biscay.

Yc2ebg5.jpg

Fantastic visibility. At least ILS helps.

FTXOMi6.jpg

Safe.

9K35N5L.jpg

Looks unique here...

3BNj4e5.jpg

But the jetways really are not perfectly placed...

XDdj3yb.jpg

95bltxt.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

:P:D Thank you very much, Gerold. Great sim / RL comparison as always, but the best pic is #3, of course. I'm afraid I didn't notice you, but the view astern isn't the best in the 777. ;)

I bought KIAD and KDEN and WSSS on saturday, and I admit I'm pondering which UAL flights are going to be next for me, and KIAD - LEBL is one of the routes I was thinking of. But my LEBL is from a different developer, so it would be a bit daring to show...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Brilliant set Gerold with some magnificent comparison images.

I like the view if the tower, makes me feel the heat and I can almost hear the Cicadas.:)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Terrific shots both RL and Sim Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Gerold. I'm not quite sure how you did this, but there's a wonderful sense of motion in this series. Nothing is static, all is always under way. I found myself leaning left and right as I went from shot to shot. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Amazing Shots Gerold ! I like the comparison a lot :)

3 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

:P:D Thank you very much, Gerold. Great sim / RL comparison as always, but the best pic is #3, of course. I'm afraid I didn't notice you, but the view astern isn't the best in the 777. ;)

I bought KIAD and KDEN and WSSS on saturday, and I admit I'm pondering which UAL flights are going to be next for me, and KIAD - LEBL is one of the routes I was thinking of. But my LEBL is from a different developer, so it would be a bit daring to show...

Thank you for watching and commenting Lars. When I saw the 777 I immediately thought "I have to take this picture for Lars".

Sounds as if you have some lovely long haul work to do now. You got to fing a good routing from Rapa Nui!

2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Herrlich! What a wunderbar set of shots!

Dankeschön Bermuda!

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Brilliant set Gerold with some magnificent comparison images.

I like the view if the tower, makes me feel the heat and I can almost hear the Cicadas.:)

Thanks Martyn. At least the AC in the airbus was working well - having a 40 minute delay with a 50 minute connection ahead was already heating me up... >:D

54 minutes ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots both RL and Sim Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you very much John!

41 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. I'm not quite sure how you did this, but there's a wonderful sense of motion in this series. Nothing is static, all is always under way. I found myself leaning left and right as I went from shot to shot. Thanks!

Two possibilities come to my mind for that:

Either it was the wine I was drinking during real & simmed flight :blink:.

Or EZCA ;).

• Like 3

As always most exquisite Gerold!  What pane is this?  Is it an Airbus A220?  Or a 320 with winglets?  A friend has been going to school on the new A220 and what he tells me is astonishing, especially about the N1 fan, I can elaborate if anyone's curious.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

As always most exquisite Gerold!  What pane is this?  Is it an Airbus A220?  Or a 320 with winglets?  A friend has been going to school on the new A220 and what he tells me is astonishing, especially about the N1 fan, I can elaborate if anyone's curious.

I totally wouldn't mind if you elaborated that!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Gerold! A great post! :)

Thank you Paul!

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I have to admit it is "just" the regular work horse: The Aerosoft A320, here in the "neo" looks. I´ll surely post some more real life shots out of this plane soon...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I totally wouldn't mind if you elaborated that!

The engines are amazing Lars!  Instead of having the N1 section directly attached to the spool like most high-bypass engines, this one is attached to a cogged gear, actually a set of gears so the N1 can spin slower and it has much more rakish blade angles than other N1 sections.  But the most astonishing thing to me is how it's spun by all those gears, a LOT of gear teeth.  I told my friend that it looks like any of those teeth could break but he said they tested it for years with no problems at all.  Imagine a set of gears spinning N1 and not a shaft through the engine.  Amazing technology.  And, all the flight controls are electric to save weight.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

The engines are amazing Lars!  Instead of having the N1 section directly attached to the spool like most high-bypass engines, this one is attached to a cogged gear, actually a set of gears so the N1 can spin slower and it has much more rakish blade angles than other N1 sections.  But the most astonishing thing to me is how it's spun by all those gears, a LOT of gear teeth.  I told my friend that it looks like any of those teeth could break but he said they tested it for years with no problems at all.  Imagine a set of gears spinning N1 and not a shaft through the engine.  Amazing technology.  And, all the flight controls are electric to save weight.

This is actually quite difficult to imagine. Does a photo exist or is it still top secret?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Lars said:

This is actually quite difficult to imagine. Does a photo exist or is it still top secret?

I don't have any photos yet so I'll ask if he has any, but it'll be a while before one is torn down for maintenance was it's so new.  I was thinking about going online and looking.  It's certainly not top secret, just a fascinating way to design a new engine, I like it.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I don't have any photos yet so I'll ask if he has any, but it'll be a while before one is torn down for maintenance was it's so new.  I was thinking about going online and looking.  It's certainly not top secret, just a fascinating way to design a new engine, I like it.

Thank you for the insight nonetheless. :)

• Like 1

Really great shots, Gerold !!
I have looked often twice, to notice what is real and what is sim.

Cheers

Bluebear

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Really great shots, Gerold !!
I have looked often twice, to notice what is real and what is sim.

Cheers

Bluebear

Thanks for this compliment, Bluebear. And, in addition, I have to share the compliment with the scenery providers.

15 hours ago, adambar said:

Marvelous shots there Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam!

15 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Very nice Gerold

Interesting comparation too

Cheers

Muchas gracias, Carlos! Voy a visitar Madrid proxima semana, es possible voy a tener fotografias tambien!

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks for this compliment, Bluebear. And, in addition, I have to share the compliment with the scenery providers.

Thank you Adam!

Muchas gracias, Carlos! Voy a visitar Madrid proxima semana, es possible voy a tener fotografias tambien!

Hey que bien!!, disfruta mucho.