Jump to content

Getting back into posting mode: To Barcelona


Recommended Posts

I did not post much in the last 4 weeks. Instead, I was collecting pictures of (14) real life flights in southern Europe, basically Greece and Spain. And now I can enjoy repeating these flights in the sim - and sharing some of the pleasure with you. Let us start with some views taken during flights from Munich to Barcelona. 

GBU3gqQ.jpg

 

Climbing out westwards over the Isar river.

qph6Jp1.jpg

cSt0vG4.jpg

 

Fürstenfeldbruck airfield, with Starnberger and Ammersee in the background.

sYm9RBv.jpg

 

The Bodensee = Lake Constance.

SFSp7TU.jpg

PtmjqsF.jpg

 

Crossing the alps with a view of the Mont Blanc massiv, ... 

tn4Cp6v.jpg

 

... towards Marseille, where we reach the Mediterranean Sea.

A3W6fdX.jpg

 

Shortly after we begin the descend in front of the pyrenees...

fPlgior.jpg

 

... until Barcelona comes into view.

iL6OE4u.jpg

2HQH97Z.jpg

 

Though the second real flight was also sold as Lufthansa, it was executed by Air Dolomiti. If they knew this would cause confusion to the Orbx forum community watching this post...

93ZVzAP.jpg

qYTk8ir.jpg

 

The tank area of the harbour, ...

sKKblN8.jpg

Vk5J1gK.jpg

 

... the mole, ...

NOObVGc.jpg

8LsvnYi.jpg

 

... logistics in El Prat, ...

rAfQAva.jpg

m1hztOw.jpg

 

... and the Llobregat river.

HChEBel.jpg

lk6WEsX.jpg

 

Here we are.
FmTmx5t.jpg

DbkgLIR.jpg

gGNWfkS.jpg

eVAZMUj.jpg

 

Amazing how realistic the city looks in the sim. Though... I have to admit it took about 10 minutes for my computer to load all the autogen of the city. Sceneries (and planes) like these will force me upgrade my rig, at some day in the not-so-near-future, I hope.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Splendid post this.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

 

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

As always these are amazing Gerold!

Muchas gracias, Jack!

 

51 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Captivating post Gerold.

So good to see you posting your escapades again.

What camera do you use for taking your RL images?

Thanks Martyn. I have to admit I try to travel as light as possible, so these pictures were all taken with my mobile. Nevertheless most airlines nowadays are very neglectful in cleaning their windows - I can do that inside the plane, but I have trouble in getting perfection from the outside :D. So better cameras not necessarily result in better pictures ???.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Martyn. I have to admit I try to travel as light as possible, so these pictures were all taken with my mobile. Nevertheless most airlines nowadays are very neglectful in cleaning their windows - I can do that inside the plane, but I have trouble in getting perfection from the outside :D. So better cameras not necessarily result in better pictures ???.

That's what I was hoping for Gerold, the quality of mobile's cameras is incredible not that I makes any difference to me as all the airlines I fly on forbid any electronics use on take off or landing.:(

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chunk said:

Tremendous Gerold!

Thank you Chunk!

 

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That's what I was hoping for Gerold, the quality of mobile's cameras is incredible not that I makes any difference to me as all the airlines I fly on forbid any electronics use on take off or landing.:(

I still have the pleasure to be able to takt pictures on most of my flights, so I enjoy window seats. That saying I can tell you I have already booked 4 Singapore airlines flights for next year -and you said they forbid that nowadays?

 

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Excellent shots Gerold both RL and Sim . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you John. My pleasure to take these shots, in both ways.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I still have the pleasure to be able to takt pictures on most of my flights, so I enjoy window seats. That saying I can tell you I have already booked 4 Singapore airlines flights for next year -and you said they forbid that nowadays?

Flying in style eh?8)

You may be lucky, it might be something about Nannyland over here!:lol:

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Stillwater. Wonderful journey capture. Well done. I do have one question--in the very first shot, I got the impression that the two catering trucks were trying to eat the airplane. Is that a munching sound I hear or am I just having my normal hallucinations? :wacko:

Hahaha, Rodger, it is just the optical illusion of a confusing angle. GSX works quite precise, in fact they feed the airplane, not eat it.

The munching sound comes from the passangers that try to get as much food as they can before entering the plane. You never know what you´ll get!

 

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Flying in style eh?8)

You may be lucky, it might be something about Nannyland over here!:lol:

Not only in style, mate, but also a good destination. I´ll let you know by some posts here soon, once I´m done with virtual Europe...

 

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Super post once again Gerold, well done! :)

Thank you Adam!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, paulb said:

Hi Gerold,

I still can't see them. But, I expect that your post is excellent! :D

One fine day your computer works again. And then you have all this stuff in the forum waiting for you!

You just need to get some days off to digest all... ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic flight with excellent RL photos. The RL photos really add "la guinda al pastel", the finishing touch!

 

May I ask which storage device you use, an SSD, or M2, or HDD? Because 10 minutes loading time really seem a lot.

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Fantastic flight with excellent RL photos. The RL photos really add "la guinda al pastel", the finishing touch!

Thank you Lars. Just as a little spoiler: I saw you when I was leaving Barcelona airport. To be posted soon...

 

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

May I ask which storage device you use, an SSD, or M2, or HDD? Because 10 minutes loading time really seem a lot.

Yes it was an awful lot. Just 2 Samsung 850 EVO SSDs. Not too bad, but I think a 6 year old system is allowed to have bottlenecks. BTW, with other planes it loads much faster.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Lars. Just as a little spoiler: I saw you when I was leaving Barcelona airport. To be posted soon...

Where? When? :o:D Now I'm very curious!

 

24 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Yes it was an awful lot. Just 2 Samsung 850 EVO SSDs. Not too bad, but I think a 6 year old system is allowed to have bottlenecks. BTW, with other planes it loads much faster.

The Samsung SSDs are not too bad, indeed. I would have understood 10 minutes loading time with a HDD, but with an SSD? I think that's too long for a scenery. :wacko: Does this loading time occur only when you load a scenario to be Barcelona, or does this lag occur with every scenery now? What lag occurs when you fly INTO the scenery?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Does this loading time occur only when you load a scenario to be Barcelona, or does this lag occur with every scenery now? What lag occurs when you fly INTO the scenery?

This loading time occurs when I come close to Barcelona - and I tried this with the Aerosoft airbus only. OK, it also took a significant time to start up in Barcelona with the 530F as well, but that was not too extreme. I can live with that, it is the only city where I have oserved this so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

This loading time occurs when I come close to Barcelona - and I tried this with the Aerosoft airbus only. OK, it also took a significant time to start up in Barcelona with the 530F as well, but that was not too extreme. I can live with that, it is the only city where I have oserved this so far.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...