Aimee Sanjari

TrueEarth Great Britain South for X-Plane 11 is coming in hot!

Nice photos, where are the pictures of the product :)

Edited by kilby
  • Haha 3

This IS NUTS! Insanity!

One more thing. If these snaps don't convince users what sim they should be paying attention to, nothing will.

Edited by JoseCFII
  • Like 2

OH WOW!! ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! ...Please take my money right now!!!! 

My area falls into the "central" category though I'll buy South on day one. Cannot wait to clear up the custom scenery folder of all the small: landmarks, city scapes ETC, which "may" be slowing things down in favour of this new masterpiece! If it runs like Meigs or other Xplane products it'll be a dream come true for this flight simmer. Fingers crossed central follows soon after :)

With thanks  

• Like 1

Just incredible. Orbx is really on the good way. I bought a lot at orbx the last years when using p3d. Now xplane is my favourite thanks to their great job in VR. (p3d is not friendly for VR, using the mouse is awful). It is good that Orbx makes some works for xplane step by step. And this True earth series seems to be what i was waiting for. 

Great job again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ianroussel said:

1: does this include the Channel Islands?

2: will you be doing a FSX Steam edition?

1. No, but it does include the Scilly Isles. 

2. P3D version is currently being worked on. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

This IS NUTS! Insanity!

One more thing. If these snaps don't convince users what sim they should be paying attention to, nothing will.

Not quite sure it works that way. It’s by virtue that they’ve release it first for xplane that allows you to say that, I’m pretty sure the P3D version will be just as impressive. 

18 minutes ago, ianroussel said:

1: does this include the Channel Islands?

2: will you be doing a FSX Steam edition?

1. Nope - we acquired the Earth Simulations stuff so that will be worked on separately

2. No - this will be released for 64 bit platforms only 

Very nice, it's gonna be hard to go back to lanclass

Ben

1 hour ago, Aimee Sanjari said:

1. Nope - we acquired the Earth Simulations stuff so that will be worked on separately

2. No - this will be released for 64 bit platforms only 

I’m glad to hear someone has picked up the ES files. I bought nearly all as I live in the Channel Islands. I felt a bit ripped off when they went under. So when I had to reload my FSX I couldn’t get to my files. I can’t even buy any disk version either. Shame as there’s no reasonable scenery for us. Even one working on a new Trislander for FSX SE (see attached)

7A7101FA-DFF5-4A8B-90B2-8B7E9E169607.jpeg

2982C818-8977-4BF9-A505-8D79F440C648.jpeg

4F8C5734-C3C4-41DC-ADF2-CED49832AC6B.jpeg

OMG!!!!  That is utterly fantastic!!  Watching the video and also viewing the screenshots I can only hope that my computer running a G-Force GTX760 can somehow show True Earth  somewhere as good as those screenshots and video.

You chaps at ORBX have certainly worked hard to produce a brilliant scenery package such as this that will be enjoyed by countless of simmers.

Just one question, you stated that you will be porting over airports for XP11, will I have to purchase say Southampton and other airports that I have for FSX?  Just curious.

Regards

Nigel.

Excuse me asking the boring questions but I had good performance in Holland on P3Dv4, what is the performance like on this?  Over the years I ve purchased a number of city scapes that have looked wonderful until performance have reduced performance to a slide show.

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

All will be released on the same day.

No, X-Plane version will be released first, followed by P3D. 

• Like 1

I fly in VR...frames are poor atm in XP even with my new 2080Ti.  I look forward for FS2 version as I know that engine offers better fluidity!

• Like 1

Just now, Aeroflux said:

I fly in VR...frames are poor atm in XP even with my new 2080Ti.  I look forward for FS2 version as I know that engine offers better fluidity!

Whats the new graphics card like? I have the 1080Ti 

1 minute ago, Jack said:

Whats the new graphics card like? I have the 1080Ti 

does not do magic!...it`s ok, few more frames and you can use higher PD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, olibarke said:

Not quite sure it works that way. It’s by virtue that they’ve release it first for xplane that allows you to say that, I’m pretty sure the P3D version will be just as impressive. 

XP 11 is a completely different rendering engine. You will certainly notice the difference. Textures are textures, but it's the lifelike effect that will be missing.

Edited by JoseCFII
  • Like 1

Us XPlainers have worn out Barton, Manchester and are more than ready for all three of these beauties.

• Like 2

This looks awesome. I look forward to trying it also in P3D. As there is only one season, are there plans to add an autumn/winter season as a future expansion, or is this not realistic given the huge amount of data required for such a product? Also, will it be able to co-exist, or switch, with the FTX regions or is it one or the other?

I am assuming with this one product I will be able to do away with all of the following in my Custom Scenery folder (I am making an assumption that this product contains the mesh, ortho and overlays all in one??), note I will be waiting for the GB Central also in a few months time :D

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/gbpro/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models-0.8.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ff_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library_v2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/yOrtho4XP_Overlays/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zOrtho4XP_+53-001/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zOrtho4XP_+53-002/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery4/

Thank you, Chris.

Edited by chrisoldinho
  • Confused 1