maxkillers

resolved Elevation problems with brand new NZGS Gisborne Airport

Hey fellas, I'd pressume this is going to need a patch for vector users since it's day one for the scenery, but I pretty much own all Orbx in the new zealand area, so regions/vector/australia I all have... so I believe vector is screwing up the airport a tad bit because I've run the auto-configuration a couple times, I even tried manual configuration but there are no options to disable it or to enable it. I've provided a youtube link with a video to show what the problem is (2minuets video posted on bottom). 

As far as I know runways, taxiways, bits around the grass area (parking bays probably) are affected, this is something I cant fix with auto configuration and for me, I can't fly in airports like that, I have mentioned in earlier posts about vector screwing with my but that was when 4.0 was broken and soon after I did a fresh re-install off 4.3 vector has been perfect (until this airport), so I'm led to believe it is the airport.

I'm P3D 4.3

I've re-installed Gisborne again using the rar for manual downloads (so I won't have to waste GBs off data on re-installs and time).

I've tested run configuration, would do it manually but there's no options to do so

I have orbx nz north, australia (if it effects nz north at all?), vector, ftx trees, pretty much everything orbx relating to this area

I belive this is an airport problem relating to vector, not a region problem but I will re-install the region if we can't figure it out

If there are anythings like this from other vector users please implement a patch as soon as possible. 

If there's something you want me to post, like my cfg let me know, I've also tested it on my normal settings for performance, and the Orbx's recommended settings, since 6gbs off vram ain't enough for pmdg and a whole lot off other settings:'(

Anything else I can add or test for you let me know, I wish to get it fixed and fly here as soon as possible!

Download video

The airport is at #217, I've added my cfg file if you think my cfg file is causing problems? I have realised

scenery.cfg is a bit odd compared to what it tells me in my FTX central enteries settings. I have placed the FTX enteries just below amsterdam which is just above bathmetry, correct if I'm wrong but arn't you meant to put the FTX enteries below add-on airports? (Flytampa is the lowest in the options that I can see...) Also Openlc enteries is below FTX enteries as my options tell me... 

Edited by maxkillers

Hi there. 

I dont have vector installed on my sim, but several betatesters said they do and dont have any issues. Will download vector myself and have a look. 

Do you have any AI packages installed by chance? 

Regards,

Finn

11 hours ago, Finni Hansen said:

Hi there. 

I dont have vector installed on my sim, but several betatesters said they do and dont have any issues. Will download vector myself and have a look. 

Do you have any AI packages installed by chance? 

Regards,

Finn

I havn't installed any since I installed my sim, well, I havn't run them into my sim anyway, I have traffic global but I havn't done anything with that at all yet, it's just sitting there, I didnt to the installation to get the ai into the sim, plus my ai slider bar has been 0% for the whole time since I fixed p3d by fresh re-installing 4.3

Hi,

If you have installed it at all, then it's possible that Traffic Global has added or altered airport files as a number of AI Traffic programs do.  Can you do a search of your sim folder and also the location where Traffic Global is installed for "NZGS", and post the results here?

Cheers,

12 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi,

If you have installed it at all, then it's possible that Traffic Global has added or altered airport files as a number of AI Traffic programs do.  Can you do a search of your sim folder and also the location where Traffic Global is installed for "NZGS", and post the results here?

Cheers,

Want me to uninstall it? I have the base off it installed, I just havn't activated the traffic yet, but I'll try figure out my traffic addon if thats causing the problem. I don't use it anyways cause off performance issues around big airports

Edited by maxkillers

Hi

I would like to add:

I have Spai traffic and AI sea free traffic, free mesh and Vector too, and no problems. So I think this would not be reasons for further claims/issues

Cheers

1 hour ago, Scott Harmes said:

No worries.  You don't even need to uninstall it.  Just locate any NZGS files within the Traffic Global file structure and disable them.

Cheers,

How would I disable it, I tried going into airport facilities where it shows the scenery bgl folders and I find now NZGS to have no options for it... they're a list off airports with e.g. afx_nzsp in it, I just uninstalled everything related to traffic addons I have... I have unsintalled and it seams I still have the same issue, this is just a hunch, but on my startup scenario in time and season, when I click onto the airport, it goes to winter within the default time off my pc... is it winter there as off today?

Edited by maxkillers

OK so the issue doesn't seem to be Traffic Global.  It would probably be winter in the sim as the sim seasons don't match up exactly with seasons IRL.

Can you check if you have the following files present:

"......\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZGS_elevation_adjustment.BGL"

and 

"......\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_NZGS.bgl"

Can you also take a screenshot of the contents of your NZGS Scenery folder:

".......\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZGS\Scenery"

Cheers,

Just downloaded and installed vector on my fresh install of V4.3 and I've got no issues. So it's not vector causing the problem.

As mentioned: Some AI packages install custom airport files into your sim, often giving these elevation errors.

gisborne.jpg

4 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

OK so the issue doesn't seem to be Traffic Global.  It would probably be winter in the sim as the sim seasons don't match up exactly with seasons IRL.

Can you check if you have the following files present:

"......\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZGS_elevation_adjustment.BGL"

and 

"......\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_NZGS.bgl"

Can you also take a screenshot of the contents of your NZGS Scenery folder:

".......\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZGS\Scenery"

Cheers,

Okay, I've looked and I dont have the 1st one you mentioned, but I do have the 2nd one that you've mentioned! This is all I have in the scenery folder off it

Untitled.thumb.png.e55a99d757c7383ccbf06356293b39c6.png

The file you say isn't present is installed with the NZNI region.  If it's missing, then that is most likely your issue, as the airport has been designed around NZNI.

Do you have any files starting with "ADE_FTX_NZNI" in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder?

It seems as though you will need to run the Verify Files option from the FTX Central/NZNI page.  If this doesn't reinstall the file that was missing, then I suggest doing a full uninstall and then a full reinstall of the NZNI region.

Cheers,

8 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

The file you say isn't present is installed with the NZNI region.  If it's missing, then that is most likely your issue, as the airport has been designed around NZNI.

Do you have any files starting with "ADE_FTX_NZNI" in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder?

It seems as though you will need to run the Verify Files option from the FTX Central/NZNI page.  If this doesn't reinstall the file that was missing, then I suggest doing a full uninstall and then a full reinstall of the NZNI region.

Cheers,

To your first question no, I dont have any, maybe I should try re-install north island, and then install the rest off the airports...? It's strange because whangerie doesnt have this issue, btw I LOVE WHANGERIE!

Edited by maxkillers

2 minutes ago, maxkillers said:

To your first question no, I dont have any, maybe I should try re-install north island, and then install the rest off the airports...? It's strange because whangerie doesnt have this issue, btw I LOVE WHANGERIE!

Yes, I would suggest reinstalling NZNI.  Try running the "Verify Files" option first, and if that doesn't reinstall the missing files, then do a full uninstall/reinstall.  There is no need to reinstall the airports as the files are separate from the regions.

NZWR would not be affected as it does not have any elevation file in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Cheers,

1 minute ago, Scott Harmes said:

Yes, I would suggest reinstalling NZNI.  Try running the "Verify Files" option first, and if that doesn't reinstall the missing files, then do a full uninstall/reinstall.  There is no need to reinstall the airports as the files are separate from the regions.

NZWR would not be affected as it does not have any elevation file in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Cheers,

Okay, thanks for the tips, I will do that tomorrow though, just got a night shift and am feeling tired, so I'll try verifying files tomorrow!

15 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Cheers,

Yes, verifying the files did make it work! Thankyou for your suggestions and help! If I have any other problems with elevation I will always run verify before coming here! I might need to do that to all my regions now just to be safe! Thanks once again! Also whats coming next to the Orbx store!?

• Thanks 1

That's great.  Good to hear, and thanks for letting us know.

2 hours ago, maxkillers said:

Also whats coming next to the Orbx store!?

Uuuumm?  Lot's of good stuff.  About all I'm allowed to say :lol: ;).

Cheers,

4 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

That's great.  Good to hear, and thanks for letting us know.

Uuuumm?  Lot's of good stuff.  About all I'm allowed to say :lol: ;).

Cheers,

Haha drat, shoulda been a bit more specific with my whats next question, ohh well! So whats the difference between a life member and a developer, kinda obvious what the developer is though ^.^