Jump to content
VH-KDK

Heinkeling along the Sussex coast.

Recommended Posts

Thanks to Andy I now have successfully installed the old Virtavia Heinkel He 111 into P3DV4.0

It still has a take off run of 30 yards and 0-100mph in 4 seconds but beggars cant be choosers.

Very pleasing to have this historically important plane back in my virtual skies again.

 

1,zPakRdg.jpg

Taxying out at Shoreham past the famous old terminal building.

 

2.KUZ0HaP.jpg

Lifting off from rwy 25.

 

3.vO2ow7M.jpg

Passing Shoreham Power Station.

 

4.epqxNTU.jpg

Brighton's Palace Pier.

 

5.StzC9kV.jpg

Newhaven at the mouth of the River Ouse.

 

6.n6BkprO.jpg

The chalk cliffs at Cuckmere Haven.

 

7.eIpRkbP.jpg

At 531 ft, Beachey Head is the highest chalk cliff in England. It is also one of the worlds most "popular" suicide locations.

 

8.jGwYwDW.jpg

Just around the corner is the resort town of Eastbourne.

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff!

 

I had forgotten all those old Virtavia WW2 machines, must investigate further......

 

Leyland

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! Great to see these old birds in P3Dv4 :)

Thanks Paul and so easy to do as well.

All is not lost.....only a few!:P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Leyland said:

Great stuff!

 

I had forgotten all those old Virtavia WW2 machines, must investigate further......

 

Leyland

Thank you Leyland.

I have a few that I haven't tried yet but their choppers have been goers so far.:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Looking at these shots makes me more than content!

Thanks for commenting Erik and I am glad I have put you in a good mood!:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Paul and so easy to do as well.

All is not lost.....only a few!:P

 

Totally agree Martyn. I have ported quite a few over from FSX. I have some more that I should try out in P3Dv4. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoreham power station and the chimney were demolished years ago which was unfortunate because the chimney was a good landmark for shipping.

 

                                         Cheers chris

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent Martyn, glad you have been able to recycle some oldies but goodies!  Nice to see old vintage planes posted by old vintage pilots! :lol::rollmyeyes::P

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don´t shoot them, they only carry Bratwurst and Schnaps!

A beautiful design, and now she even has STOL capabilities.

Some outstanding shots of the coastline.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are some nice shots! Didn't I read somewhere that a new Heinkel is being made for P3D V4? 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, paulb said:

 

Totally agree Martyn. I have ported quite a few over from FSX. I have some more that I should try out in P3Dv4. :D

It is a slow process Paul as I only port one at a time just in case there are any problems.

It is very pleasing that most of the airports work as well.

I never realised I had accumulated so much of the stuff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, speedy70 said:

Shoreham power station and the chimney were demolished years ago which was unfortunate because the chimney was a good landmark for shipping.

 

                                         Cheers chris

Thanks for that snippet of information Chris.

It would be a shame for it to be removed in any future update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What a nice tour of the UK Martyn!  Seeing that Brighton pier reminds me of The Who and the movie Quadrophenia.

Many thanks Jack, so strange you mentioned Quadrophenia and I nearly mentioned this as well as the movies Brighton Rock and Carry on at your Convenience which also featured the pier.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Excellent Martyn, glad you have been able to recycle some oldies but goodies!  Nice to see old vintage planes posted by old vintage pilots! :lol::rollmyeyes::P

Cheers Roger, I think vintage sound better than decrepit.:o

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Don´t shoot them, they only carry Bratwurst and Schnaps!

A beautiful design, and now she even has STOL capabilities.

Some outstanding shots of the coastline.

The guns have now fallen silent but I don't think I would have got very far 77 years ago.

A classic German design indeed, I would like to see the 111E somewhen but I imagine the cockpit layout would be very different.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee H said:

Those are some nice shots! Didn't I read somewhere that a new Heinkel is being made for P3D V4? 

 

 

Thanks Lee for your comment.

You are correct and Aeroplane Heaven are doing the He 111 P2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

The guns have now fallen silent but I don't think I would have got very far 77 years ago.

It´s good in the way we can enjoy it now.

 

BTW, good luck on your final steps towards the iconic 30k mark!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

It´s good in the way we can enjoy it now.

 

BTW, good luck on your final steps towards the iconic 30k mark!

Very true Gerold.

 

30K? So that is why the shop is sold out of bunting!:o

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

It is a slow process Paul as I only port one at a time just in case there are any problems.

It is very pleasing that most of the airports work as well.

I never realised I had accumulated so much of the stuff.

 

Certainly - only one at a time. That way one can check to see if they are working correctly. I think that you are a 'collector' (like me) Martyn!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adambar said:

Impressive set of shots Martyn! :)

 

Glad to see you got your Heinkel working in V4. :D

Thanks for that Adam, a shame the Caribou wont co operate though.:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, paulb said:

 

Certainly - only one at a time. That way one can check to see if they are working correctly. I think that you are a 'collector' (like me) Martyn!

I am a collector Paul, I like to see the various different planes and liveries up in the sky especially the superseded types.:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:15 AM, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks very much Iain.:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People forget that the Heinkel was actually a pretty good plane. Had postwar support been available, it might well have been a staple as a cargo ship. Or so I've read.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

People forget that the Heinkel was actually a pretty good plane. Had postwar support been available, it might well have been a staple as a cargo ship. Or so I've read.

Cleverly designed as a "civilian" plane it was indeed a very versatile and successful aircraft in many theatres but showed it's age in the latter part of WW2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...