Bloody brilliant, Iain.

I hope they give you long service at ORBX, maybe a VIP long service medal...Haha

All jokes aside, you've done a great deal for the brand and no doubt appreciated by John and all of the staff.

Hope to see and hear your smiling face for many more to come, Iain.

Kind Regards,

Frank

P.S. I just checked and I need one of those medals, too, I been here since 2006!

Edited by tennyson
  • Like 2

Absolutely terrific post Iain!  I agree with all your sentiments about this forum being like an extended family.  There are so many here who are keen to help or share some words of wisdom, or just make you laugh every now and then.  I must say Iain you are one of the absolute foundations of these forums through your screenshot mastery, your unrelenting posts and your kind nature.  It has been a pleasure spending time on these forums with you.  

Now on to the next 10 years!

Cheers,

Scott

• Like 1

What an intersting story Iain!

One always wonders these sort of things...how, who and when?

So it's great to know you a little bit more my dear Aquarius and is very nice to see too how proud you are and how you enjoy the activity after 10 years.

I must say that you have always been responsive to members which I think is good you know we appreciate it.

Thank you also for sharing a bit about the rest of the team

ORBX makes my every single sparetime very enjoyable. I became a simaholic  :)

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 2

Well done Iain, well deserving of your long service leave and awards! I remember when you turned up on this site a decade ago, the true gentleman always. I have left and come back (and left and come back again...) but I reckon you will be the stalwart foundation for the next decade in our flight sim journey. Cheers mate!

Dale.

Wonderful post Iain. I am one of many of us here who greatly admire and enjoy your work. Congrats on 10 years and here's to the next 10!

Don

Well done Iain and many thanks for your pics which have certainly helped sales for Orbx and subsequently allowed Orbx to develop into what they are today.

Your start with Orbx is exactly like mine insomuch as buying the Australia series and then getting hooked! I do recall the price I paid being under £10 UK. I have a cut from the email which shows the purchase in May 2008 at A$ 14.50 and the exchange rate for UK pound was over A$2 to the £ making the addon under £7. Ah those were the days!!!

Date Ordered: Thursday 15 May, 2008

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Orbx - FTX: AU Gold Subtropical East (ORB-002) = £14.50
    Delivery Option Instant Download
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £14.50
Total: £14.50

Well done Iain , I wish for you good health and another 10 years around this place . The words “ My Final Shots “ must continue for a very long time my friend . :):D

Cheers

John

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hi Ian and yes thanks for all your help. Did I see you posted you posted this 3 hours ago, what time were you up this morning. Oops nearly said a rude comment there. :D. Yes and thanks for all those lovely shots of yours. Derek.

Excellent post, Iain

3 hours ago, tennyson said:

Frank

P.S. I just checked and I need one of those medals, too, I been here since 2006!

Haha, good one, Frank. I just checked myself, I'm here since August 2006!

Congrats Emmsie. You were the very first to comment on my first screenie. Hope you have yourself a quiet celebration drink. Looking forward to your next 10 years. Who knows what simming technology we will be enjoying then.

Cheers Graeme :)

• Like 2

Congratulations Iain. And I second everything you say about ORBX and these forums. Like JV says a couple of posts back, it wouldn't be the same here without you. And I hope your moggie (whose name I've shamefully forgotten) is doing fine as well!

• Like 1

Thank you very much indeed for your wishes it means a great deal to me.

Yes I have been up since before five this morning downloaded scenery before work.

cheers

Iain

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Congratulations Iain. And I second everything you say about ORBX and these forums. Like JV says a couple of posts back, it wouldn't be the same here without you. And I hope your moggie (whose name I've shamefully forgotten) is doing fine as well!

The moggie is called Ayesha.

A wonderful post Iain and many thanks for your grand contribution to the forums.:)

Also big thanks for making the effort to comment on everyone's posts.

Here is to the next ten years.:D

10 years or not, please watch your language on here, I thought nasty four letter words were banned...…...:huh:

……..fancy saying work.:footmouth:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Congratulations Iain!

You are indeed like a solid rock here in these wonderful ORBX-forums.

I remember well when i first spotted some of your screenshots here sometimes around 2008 or 2009.

You were a friendly forum member back then, your screenshots were of top quality back then – and so it is today!

Congratulations!

Cheers, Christoph

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

No the moggie is Mr Rollo my Daughter is Ayiesha.

cheers

Iain

IMG_20180815_083936.jpg

Ah yes! A handsome beast indeed. May you have each other's company for many years to come.

• Like 1

Congrats on your 10th Iain. I have enjoyed your screenshots thru the years. I look forward to another 10, 15, 20, ? more years of great screen shots.

Scott

That was excellent Iain, thanks!  It's always nice to get your reactions to our posts, and like John said, I love to see the words "Final shots".  And you do a brilliant job on the screenshot contest.  May you have many more years at Orbx!

• Like 2

Congrats on the 10 year milestone,  Iain !

Your screenshots and product previews are truly a window to the Orbx world.    :)

• Like 1