hi, as a big fun of orbx products (and owner of almost everything-soon everything), i think i could ... complain once :) no, im not the type who wants the money back or i dont know what else people in the past have asked you :) but i would ask, my problem, to be solved and improved :)

so here we are: i got yesterday kcgx airport for p3d v4. full of happyness i tried to fly there but no ... kcgx in the nav database !! i use navigraph products. so if i didnt do something wrong, i think the kcgx airport is just a ... graphic. not a "real" airport in the p3d world. for example, flytampa's kai tak, even if it is also an airport that no longer exists today, it works perfectly: you can program the fmc with the departures, arrivals, stars etc etc. but on the kcgx there is nothing :( im not a programmer or somebody who knows much, but i think it is just a matter of data input to make it work with fmcs of pmdg, qualitywings, fslabs etc etc. i grew up in the 70-80ies so old airports like kcgx are important for me.

so again, if i didn't do something wrong and the kcgx has navigation data but i didnt find a way to use them, pls try to fix it. to have vor's, ndb's ils and all other goodies it had back then when it worked.

sorry for my long post, thank you !!!

Hello,

I  don't think that the databases that you refer to contain the airport data but I also don't

think that they take any data from the simulator.

Possibly they left Kai Tak in because of the iconic nature of its approach.

In short, I doubt very much if there is anything to be done, unless you can find out how to

manipulate the databases of your other add on products.

For what it's worth, my present default airports are EGCD and EGYK.

Neither of those is in the FsLabs or PMDG databases either.

Like KCGX, EGYK is not even in the default simulator, though it is just as closed as EGCD which is.

thanks nick !! as i told you i have no idea of programming so i thought flytampa added kai tak nav details at the simulator. so what are the chances to fly to or fly from kcgx? or we just have to fly above and just land at it?

Hi,

I worked on KCGX, we did not include any additional navigation database materials outside the simulator for it.

Within the simulator it exists as any other airport does, Meigs never had any ILS and there were no onsite VOR/DME. There are ATC frequencies for the tower and ground control. The airports data should match what is published for late 2001: http://web.archive.org/web/20011223061754/airnav.com/airport/kcgx

A few years before it was closed there was a VOR DME procedure established using the ORD (O'Hare) VOR. There was also a GPS approach for Rwy 36. Maybe you could find the plates for these with a web search. But, as Alex says, there were never any nav aids at KCGX per se..........Doug

39 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi,

I worked on KCGX, we did not include any additional navigation database materials outside the simulator for it.

Within the simulator it exists as any other airport does, Meigs never had any ILS and there were no onsite VOR/DME. There are ATC frequencies for the tower and ground control. The airports data should match what is published for late 2001: http://web.archive.org/web/20011223061754/airnav.com/airport/kcgx

Years ago someone created an ILS approach for the original Meigs. Worked very well and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

It has since vanished, and I lost my copy of it.

I was hoping the new ORBX would resurrect it.

Freq. was 108.9 and it worked for both 18 and 30...…..

:-[

That would be very easy to add but it wouldn't help with the airport being missing from the

"fmcs of pmdg, qualitywings, fslabs etc etc" which apparently do not have this and many other

closed airports in their databases.

If you want an ILS it is easy to add using the Airport Design Editor.

This would add it to the FSX/P3D database.

How you would add its presence to the other products' databases is another matter.

On the other hand, if the target is real world realism, then you cannot go to the airport,

as it does not exist. At some point there will need to be a compromise.