Good Day

I am the first to plead guilty when it comes to RTM reading the manual.

I only read it when i have a problem with the installation or cannot get an option to work or tweak in a specific program.

Once you get your "problem" sorted I then do not read further to obtain ALL the information regarding the capabilities of that specific program.

My question now!:

Must I uninstall ALL ORBX scenery prior to re-installing my FSX?

I unfortunately did that and got my FSX installed, and running again! :)

I have also re-installed my ORBX Global but still have to install all the other ORBX scenery files.

I followed Nick's perfect guideline as to the correct settings in the ORBX - Central program.

That was for the re-installing of the Global feature, but where do I "layer" the rest of the scenery in the Settings-sections / 2 x drop down options in the ORBX-Central program?

Your help would be very much appreciated and have a very nice day!

Regards

Superlink / Richard

Hello Nick

Thank you for the prompt reply, and that is the same screen that I used to install the Global-section.

I now still need to add the "Lbrary" and night textures and the USA - NW and South Alaska.

With the Global being directed and installed just below the "Addon-folder" as per the above screen shot.

My actual question is after adding the Global where do I point it, again below the "Addon-folder"  will the scenery be above the Global or does the Global and other scenery-files prioritize itself?

Thanking you and have a nice day!

Regards

Richard

Port Elizabeth

South Africa

Hello Richard,

when the FTX icon is placed by the Insertion Point tool, it determines only where the first of the

FTX scenery library entries is placed.

In the event of the addon scenery folder containing addon scenery, it does not always, depending

on how add ons have been installed, then the FTX icon should be placed below that or below the

lowest of any other add on scenery.

Once the FTX icon is placed, FTX Central controls the placing of the individual FTX product scenery

library entries and no further user input is required after adding more products.

Hello Nick

"Once the FTX icon is placed, FTX Central controls the placing of the individual FTX product scenery

library entries and no further user input is required after adding more products."

Thank you very much that answers 99.95% of my questions and it is now very clear regarding the settings in Central.

My last question! Does one need to un-install any ORBX files before you need to re-install your flight-sim program?

Thank you and I am enjoying flying in and around Southern Africa that I have not even been able to go to Alaska to check that scenery! :)

Regards

Richard

Superlink

Hello Nick

Thank you very much, I have saved a copy of the last guideline regarding the re-installing

Enjoy your summer as we are in the midst of winter and without any rain & tight water restrictions 50 Ltrs per person P/day :(

Regards

Richard / Superlink