Jump to content
Aimee Sanjari

Introducing CityScene Barcelona!

Recommended Posts

Hello,

sorry, no.

This is stated in the release announcement:

 

and on the Orbx Direct product page.

 

Quote

Please note that CityScene Barcelona is not compatible with LatinVFR Barcelona.

 

I have now added it to the opening post in this topic as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

sorry, no.

This is stated in the release announcement:

 

and on the Orbx Direct product page.

 

 

I have now added it to the opening post in this topic as well 

 

There's an option in the LatinVFR Barcelona Configurator Tool that allows you to switch off the city photo scenery. Still not compatible? I don't own CityScene BCN so I obviously can't try it out myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 12:52 PM, Scott Harmes said:

 

Hi,

 

This combination (ORBX CityScene and JustSim LEBL) has been tested and it works very well.

 

Cheers,

 

Do I need to do something to get it to work with Justsim LEBL, seems like there are two airports now at that point, the one from the city scenery and one from Justsim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:00 AM, akriesman said:

I can answer this question as POI's are such a catch-22 for us.

 

All of these new Cityscapes are created with custom software that allows tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of custom buildings that are accurately sized and placed, with little impact on frame rates.   This is achieved by using shared texture sheets, low poly buildings and a unique way to compile scenery that allows over 500 objects to be compiled as a single object and rendered using a single draw call.

 

In contrast to this, you can have single detailed POI's that are created using tens of thousands of polygons that require many draw calls to render.

 

Because objects in the Cityscapes are viewed from a moving aircraft, as opposed to airport buildings where detail is more important, we refrain from creating any POI's whose details are going to really bog down performance.    It is not out of the question to have a single POI that hurts performance more than 5,000 lower poly but accurately sized and placed buildings (those created by our software).     Any POI's that have a lot of curved surfaces eat up polygons especially.   This includes things like castles, churches and custom buildings.

 

In addition to the performance degredation, there is of course the extended development time needed to hand create a single POI (we are trying to keep the Cityscape costs down).

 

I hope this helps explain why, unlike detailed airport scenery packages, you will not find a lot of extremely detailed POI's in our Cityscapes.    With that said, if there is a really iconic POI that can be rendered without a terrible performance hit, we are all for providing them.

 

The POI's that we did include in this scenery, in addition to those FSX/P3D library objects that were rescaled and positioned, we chosen because of their availability and mild performance hit.

 

PS-Looking at this list of objects, I agree that the WELA Hotel would be a good candidate for a POI due to the location in the flight path and importance.   We could probably create a decent rendering of the object without too much of a performance hit.

 

These 3 objects however, Montjuïc Castle, Basilica del Tibidabo and Parque de Atracciones del Tibidabo would appear to be both difficult to develop efficiently.

 

 

 

Hi again, akriesman!

 

I've being testing with the CityScape Barcelona scenery and as a result I must say than activating the city in Simwings Barcelona Professional, there is no appreciable loss of performance, taking into account that not only does it add all the POIs I listed in my previous post (and a few more), but a lot of buildings.

 

This would be a nice solution, but the bad news are that also duplicates a large part of the city's buildings, which are overlapping and it's very ugly.

 

So the performance is great despite the duplicity and the POIs added ;)

 

Cheers from Barcelona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sebbe said:

 

Do I need to do something to get it to work with Justsim LEBL, seems like there are two airports now at that point, the one from the city scenery and one from Justsim.

 

Hi,

 

You need to disable the airport in the ORBX Barcelona control panel, which is accessed via the product page in FTX Central 3.

 

l6OGIRb.png

 

 

Disable the following files in the JustSim/Barcelona - El Prat Airport LEBL P3D/Scenery folder (add .off to the end of the file name):

 

 

El_Prat_port.bgl

El_prat_port_lib.BGL

El_prat_port_tec_lib.BGL

Justsim_cont_port_lib.BGL

 

 

Cheers,

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sebbe said:

Thanks, that helped a lot. Only issiu now is that I couldnt find the 

El_prat_port_tec_lib.BGL, disabled only the other 3 files.

 

No worries.  It's possible you have a newer version than I do, and the file is no longer present.

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Stephane,

 

If you disable the file "Justsim_cont_port_lib.BGL", then the file you mention should have no effect.  To be sure it doesn't, you could always disable the file you mention also.

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 6:10 PM, StephaneS said:

This addon is very beautiful, but you have to know after installing it, the loading time to LEBL will be very very long (3min38 instead of 57s on my system)

:huh:

3 mins wow that is fast :)

Mine takes a lot more.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 2:49 PM, aharon nachman said:

when will be also tel-aviv city of israel with ben gurion airport?

or trueearth israel :) no need winter textures not so heavy scenes as europe

Edited by daladna
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dig out this thread as I wanted to buy Cityscape Barcelona due to the current sale. But then I remembered that there was once a discussion about the POI WELA Hotel and I did not click on "buy".

 

Is the WELA Hotel finally added as a POI in one of the updates? If I remember correctly, once even some previews were shown in the forums, but I can not find it anymore. It sounds silly, but without WELA Hotel, I am not going to buy the scenery, even if it is on sale... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

patch is now available for CityScene Barcelona via FTXC.

 

Updates:

  • A lower polygon version of the base textures for higher speed flights (via control panel)
  • Fixed undesired harbor wave effects
  • Fixed traffic over a bridge
  • A few minor building enhancements
  • Added 2 new POI's:  W Hotel and Castle De MontJuic
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnkH said:

I dig out this thread as I wanted to buy Cityscape Barcelona due to the current sale. But then I remembered that there was once a discussion about the POI WELA Hotel and I did not click on "buy".

 

Is the WELA Hotel finally added as a POI in one of the updates? If I remember correctly, once even some previews were shown in the forums, but I can not find it anymore. It sounds silly, but without WELA Hotel, I am not going to buy the scenery, even if it is on sale... 

See my post above 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, fabs79 said:

patch is now available for CityScene Barcelona via FTXC.

 

Updates:

  • A lower polygon version of the base textures for higher speed flights (via control panel)
  • Fixed undesired harbor wave effects
  • Fixed traffic over a bridge
  • A few minor building enhancements
  • Added 2 new POI's:  W Hotel and Castle De MontJuic

Is the last version is "Orbx CityScene Barcelona Version 1.10 August 2018" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StephaneS said:

Is the last version is "Orbx CityScene Barcelona Version 1.10 August 2018" ?

Yes, at least is the same one I have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm highly interested in buying this. I want to mix-and-match it with Justsim's LEBL cause it's on 20 percent discount right now. But some people elsewhere were saying P3D takes a long time to load with ORBX Cityscene products installed. Is it still the case? I'm on the very latest version of P3D at the moment (4.5 with the hotfix). Could anyone please confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

I'm highly interested in buying this. I want to mix-and-match it with Justsim's LEBL cause it's on 20 percent discount right now. But some people elsewhere were saying P3D takes a long time to load with ORBX Cityscene products installed. Is it still the case? I'm on the very latest version of P3D at the moment (4.5 with the hotfix). Could anyone please confirm?

 

Hi Dust2Dust

 

I don't have JustSim one but Aerosoft's

 

But I can tell that they work like a ring to the finger, they blend perfectly and you feel you are dealing with just one product. No problems at all

Loading has incredibly improved too.

 

Justsim's one is newer so I bet it has been made with latest technology so it should work fine too, most of there products work very nice but let me tell you something, wether you buy JustSim's or not Barcelona city is a must. It is great for flying, you won't regret it

 

Regards,

 

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @carlosqr thanks for your suggestion. I ended up getting the Aerosoft one to go with ORBX Barcelona. Truly it's an amazing combo. I noticed that loading time (the part where you select the aircraft, airport and click Okay) has increased by about a minute but I can live with that, given how complex the cityscene/scape products are. Sometimes when I'm looking around the city with Chaseplane it almost feels as if the amount of content they put in there is infinite. My utmost gratitude goes out to maestri Allen Kriesman and John Venema for making this possible. I'll be looking into Cityscene Orlando now :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

Hey @carlosqr thanks for your suggestion. I ended up getting the Aerosoft one to go with ORBX Barcelona. Truly it's an amazing combo. I noticed that loading time (the part where you select the aircraft, airport and click Okay) has increased by about a minute but I can live with that, given how complex the cityscene/scape products are. Sometimes when I'm looking around the city with Chaseplane it almost feels as if the amount of content they put in there is infinite. My utmost gratitude goes out to maestri Allen Kriesman and John Venema for making this possible. I'll be looking into Cityscene Orlando now :)

 

Hi Dust2 Dust

Good to know you went for it and all is working fine. At the beginning the loading was crazy, my very first time was 30 minutes while others mentioned about 10 minutes or so, and now is really fast

 

Orlando is amazing!!

you'll love it

Cheers

 

Carlos

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...