Jump to content
Aimee Sanjari

Introducing CityScene Barcelona!

Recommended Posts

 

Wow.  Just wow.

 

Not surprised, having seen Gold Coast, but still impressive.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is incredible detail! The bar has been raised even further.

Well done.

Cheers Graeme :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff!

Wondering how this will blend with Aerosoft Barcelona Professional scenery as that has modelled photoscenery city as well. Maybe ORBX LEBL in the future (crossing fingers and toes and everything else possible and hoping)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicrative said:

Great stuff!

Wondering how this will blend with Aerosoft Barcelona Professional scenery as that has modelled photoscenery city as well. Maybe ORBX LEBL in the future (crossing fingers and toes and everything else possible and hoping)?

 

FWIW, CityScene Barcelona has been tested successfully with Aerosoft's Barcelona Professional Scenery.    All you have to do is run the SimWings configuration tool and disable the City portion of the SimWings product.     There are instructions in the CityScene Barcelona Users Guide.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Aimee, this is really great stuff. To keep up the quality of City Scene Gold Coast is good

to see. The ORBX  developers certainly don't let the grass grow under there feet.

Looking forward to a lot more like this, and at reasonable prices to boot.

 

Kevin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, akriesman said:

 

FWIW, CityScene Barcelona has been tested successfully with Aerosoft's Barcelona Professional Scenery.    All you have to do is run the SimWings configuration tool and disable the City portion of the SimWings product.     There are instructions in the CityScene Barcelona Users Guide.

 

Excellent news! Thanks for the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are airports by JustSim and LatinVFR which also include city scenery.

I was going to purchase Aerosoft LEBL, as it includes the most accurate city modelling and textures, however I prefer the airport from JustSim.
I think now I'll buy ORBX CityScene + JustSim LEBL, so how will this work with compatibility?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, greybeard said:

Well Aimee, this is really great stuff. To keep up the quality of City Scene Gold Coast is good

to see. The ORBX  developers certainly don't let the grass grow under there feet.

Looking forward to a lot more like this, and at reasonable prices to boot.

 

Kevin

 

We are definitely a busy bunch ;) Thanks for the kind words and I hope you enjoy - it'll be out before you know it!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Congratulations, it looks fantastic. May I suggest the possibility of adding W Hotel as a POI since it's become a very iconic symbol of the city and it's most noticeable during approach.

 

Thanks!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Boeck said:

WoW I can't wait to take it Info: the scenery Mega Airport Barcelona professional must be uninstalled?

sorry my bad english :D

 

 

Hi,

 

No it has been tested.  please see Allen's post; #5 above.

 

 

11 hours ago, akriesman said:

FWIW, CityScene Barcelona has been tested successfully with Aerosoft's Barcelona Professional Scenery.    All you have to do is run the SimWings configuration tool and disable the City portion of the SimWings product.     There are instructions in the CityScene Barcelona Users Guide.

 

 

Cheers,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shhmule said:

There are airports by JustSim and LatinVFR which also include city scenery.

I was going to purchase Aerosoft LEBL, as it includes the most accurate city modelling and textures, however I prefer the airport from JustSim.
I think now I'll buy ORBX CityScene + JustSim LEBL, so how will this work with compatibility?

Thanks in advance!

 

Hi,

 

This combination (ORBX CityScene and JustSim LEBL) has been tested and it works very well.

 

Cheers,

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very nice surprise I have only just noticed.:o

Great work and thanks to all involved.:)

 

So I notice that Just Sim LEBB works, how about the Latin VFR LEBB?:unsure:

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to have it for X-Plane too

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew it was coming! Thanks for this!

Barcelona is a city I fell in love with as I've been there several times and know it so well.

That being said, I must convince myself not to have too great expectations since I know a lot of detail which are too small or unknown to model into the city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a pleasant surprise this! No em puc creer. Estic flipant, or so they say... :D

 

That said, I hope it will be nicely compatible with LatinVFR's Barcelona that I own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

What a pleasant surprise this! No em puc creer. Estic flipant, or so they say... :D

 

That said, I hope it will be nicely compatible with LatinVFR's Barcelona that I own. 

 

Yes flipando :D

I have Barcelona pro by Aerosoft, hope it will compatible too unless thiers is detailed. I think Cityscapes that contain an airport, should it fully detailed, otherwise we're forced to buy third party addons. Or at least create it apart if it is about money but for keeping the quality, compatibility and performance this should be whole, airport and city. A jewl, every time they launch one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice.

I'm just not entirely sure whether the marketing for this product is entirely fitting: "Explore the heart of Espana"?

With all the talk of secession going on in Catalonia it is quite clear that this is NOT the region one would call the heart of Spain, and I'm quite sure people from Barcelona would agree.

The real heart of Spain as a region would be Castile and Madrid or Toledo as a city.

Edited by KVSandleben
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KVSandleben said:

Very nice.

I'm just not entirely sure whether the marketing for this product is entirely fitting: "Explore the heart of Espana"?

With all the talk of secession going on in Catalonia it is quite clear that this is NOT the region one would call the heart of Spain, and I'm quite sure people from Barcelona would agree.

The real heart of Spain as a region would be Castile and Madrid or Toledo as a city.

It depends on your point of view:

 

If you're a catalan independentista, the slogan is a punch in your stomach and will cause you anger. (roughly 48% of the people living in Catalonia, according to the last elections)

 

If your a catalan unionista, then you're going to like it. (about 52% of the populace of Catalonia)

 

If your a spaniard from one of the other regions, you're probably going to think "wait, Barcelona, the jeart of España? Never!"

 

Geographically, the  heart of of the Iberian peninsula is in or near Madrid.

 

Historically, the heart of Spain is farther to the north, in Castile and León, around Burgos and Palencia. Toledo, being the capital for a long period of time, could also be called the heart of Spain.

 

I agree that the slogan is not smart. Perhaps @Aimee Sanjari or someone else from the staff agrees and does something about it. What about "The pearl of the Western Mediterranean"? I'd like it, but perhaps the people of Valencia would disagree? :rollmyeyes: :D

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aimee Sanjari said:

@Captain Lars and @KVSandleben Thank you guys for bringing this up. It’s super important that we get the details right, not just in scenery but in the text as well. I’ve made some amends and want to thank you for teaching me something new today! :)

 

Cheers,

 

Aimee 

 

 

Your welcome. It's super cool that you took my proposal for a slogan. It makes me happy that I could contribute something. :)

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Your welcome. It's super cool that you took my proposal for a slogan. It makes me happy that I could contribute something. :)

 

Hey, it was a good idea! - thanks for the suggestion :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when do we get a Cityscene of Rome (Italy) "la città più bella del mondo" as she claim herself  ?B) 

Would love it so much !

Gérard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Can the dev verify compatibility with LatinVFR's Barcelona airport please.

 

Hi Jose,

 

Basically it has not been verified.

 

 

 

Cheers,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very happy because it is my city, the work is superb and the performance is incredible.

 

Having said that, I am surprised that such exquisite and detailed work has overlooked POIs that are included in much less exhaustive work, such as LatinVFR Barcelona airport or Simwings Barcelona Professional.

 

They're not insignificant things, that's why I'm surprised:

 

Montjuïc Castle
Wela Hotel
Basilica del Tibidabo

Parque de Atracciones del Tibidabo
Maremagnum (building and bridge, next to the WTC, in the port of Barcelona)
Buildings in the Hospitalet 2 area

 

I insist that all of them are included in both airports.

 

(In fact, I was the one who detailed to the developers of one of those products about the things that needed to be included to make it credible to fly over the city, at least in an approach to LEBL on the 25R, sending them lots of pictures and Google Earth locations, as well as supervising the work).

 

Still, congratulations on this excellent work. 

 

Cheers from Barcelona

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I was not aware of this. Especially the WELA Hotel I don't understand, if you fly past the coast, it is really a POI easily recognizable. How could this be missed out?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gerardius said:

I am very happy because it is my city, the work is superb and the performance is incredible.

 

Having said that, I am surprised that such exquisite and detailed work has overlooked POIs that are included in much less exhaustive work, such as LatinVFR Barcelona airport or Simwings Barcelona Professional.

 

They're not insignificant things, that's why I'm surprised:

 

Montjuïc Castle
Wela Hotel
Basilica del Tibidabo

Parque de Atracciones del Tibidabo
Maremagnum (building and bridge, next to the WTC, in the port of Barcelona)
Buildings in the Hospitalet 2 area

 

I insist that all of them are included in both airports.

 

(In fact, I was the one who detailed to the developers of one of those products about the things that needed to be included to make it credible to fly over the city, at least in an approach to LEBL on the 25R, sending them lots of pictures and Google Earth locations, as well as supervising the work).

 

Still, congratulations on this excellent work. 

 

Cheers from Barcelona

I completely agree with you, I also was wondering wy this POI's are not included, in first I thought it was work in progress pictures! But hey they did a great work and I'm convinced that they will find a solution!

 

Best regards 

Daniel

Edited by D@NREIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gerardius said:

I am very happy because it is my city, the work is superb and the performance is incredible.

 

Having said that, I am surprised that such exquisite and detailed work has overlooked POIs that are included in much less exhaustive work, such as LatinVFR Barcelona airport or Simwings Barcelona Professional.

 

They're not insignificant things, that's why I'm surprised:

 

Montjuïc Castle
Wela Hotel
Basilica del Tibidabo

Parque de Atracciones del Tibidabo
Maremagnum (building and bridge, next to the WTC, in the port of Barcelona)
Buildings in the Hospitalet 2 area

 

I insist that all of them are included in both airports.

 

(In fact, I was the one who detailed to the developers of one of those products about the things that needed to be included to make it credible to fly over the city, at least in an approach to LEBL on the 25R, sending them lots of pictures and Google Earth locations, as well as supervising the work).

 

Still, congratulations on this excellent work. 

 

Cheers from Barcelona

I can answer this question as POI's are such a catch-22 for us.

 

All of these new Cityscapes are created with custom software that allows tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of custom buildings that are accurately sized and placed, with little impact on frame rates.   This is achieved by using shared texture sheets, low poly buildings and a unique way to compile scenery that allows over 500 objects to be compiled as a single object and rendered using a single draw call.

 

In contrast to this, you can have single detailed POI's that are created using tens of thousands of polygons that require many draw calls to render.

 

Because objects in the Cityscapes are viewed from a moving aircraft, as opposed to airport buildings where detail is more important, we refrain from creating any POI's whose details are going to really bog down performance.    It is not out of the question to have a single POI that hurts performance more than 5,000 lower poly but accurately sized and placed buildings (those created by our software).     Any POI's that have a lot of curved surfaces eat up polygons especially.   This includes things like castles, churches and custom buildings.

 

In addition to the performance degredation, there is of course the extended development time needed to hand create a single POI (we are trying to keep the Cityscape costs down).

 

I hope this helps explain why, unlike detailed airport scenery packages, you will not find a lot of extremely detailed POI's in our Cityscapes.    With that said, if there is a really iconic POI that can be rendered without a terrible performance hit, we are all for providing them.

 

The POI's that we did include in this scenery, in addition to those FSX/P3D library objects that were rescaled and positioned, we chosen because of their availability and mild performance hit.

 

PS-Looking at this list of objects, I agree that the WELA Hotel would be a good candidate for a POI due to the location in the flight path and importance.   We could probably create a decent rendering of the object without too much of a performance hit.

 

These 3 objects however, Montjuïc Castle, Basilica del Tibidabo and Parque de Atracciones del Tibidabo would appear to be both difficult to develop efficiently.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your explanation, I understand it. Anyway, I believe that Montjuïc Castle should be a good candidate too, because it's composed mainly by squares and is the hallmark of the Montjuïc mountain, very visible and characteristic of the city's landscape, as well as being in the middle of the approach path to runway 25R, which is the most commonly used for landings at LEBL.

 

Greetings from Barcelona and thank you so much for this great scenery. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDITED: I sent the same post twice, sorry B)

Edited by Gerardius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×