Hi there,

I am liking the scenery on first impression!

I noticed the RW 17 identifier still has 35 written backwards on it, as attached in the screenshot.

Secondly, I believe the GA area could use a bit of altering. We see large towbars outside GA schools, which isn't very realistic. Secondly, the parking from these schools is almost always C172/DA40 etc. only, no pvt jets parked (only at Platinum).

Also, the static aircraft are low quality and Air North isn't an operator for the GC anymore (don't know if you considered changing this, but to keep realism I'd suggest removing it).

Lastly, it seems the chart in the manual is 2 years out of date and doesn't reflect the scenery or real world...

Great to see my home and training airport done to nice detail, thanks!

Order Number - 5b13b3fede91a 

Prepar3D-2018-06-03-19-55-17-265.png

Prepar3D-2018-06-03-19-49-49-206.png

Also, it seems the runup bay at Foxtrot is missing completely?
It seems like the scenery should have had a bit more thorough beta testing in a few parts.

Hopefully these errors are amended soon!

P.S, at the holding points on Taxiway Golf and Charlie are big red markings, some displaying runway ahead, some blank. Don't have any reference shots though unfortunately..

Prepar3D-2018-06-03-20-32-40-446.png

The layout of the airport and equipment buildings etc depends on when the information was obtained, and is generally kept as authentic as possible.

Often the imagery etc is a couple of years old when the airport is finally coming together in the dev's computer. 

I'm sure Matteo will look at what you've observed, but some issues may not be able to be 'fixed', as the airport has changed quite a bit in the last year or two.

Beta testing does not involve visiting the airport looking for differences between current layout and what the dev has produced.  We look for errors in scenery such as that reversed 35 marking, which wasn't noticed by anyone it seems, but there were dozens of individual fixes that you will never know of because they were picked up in the beta testing process.  Our focus is on textures behaving, missing objects, conflicts between objects, performance issues, lighting problems, and most importantly the way the scenery looks and performs on different machines. 

YBCG is an outstanding representation of the real life scenery.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi, 

I will check for sure the number ( yes very strange, i have never seen before )

I will change Air North with another airlines also. 

Cheers,

Thanks Mate.
Don't forget the Run Up bay at foxtrot, which was always there before the new taxiiway or not.

If you need anything else, please let me know as I'm at the AD full time basically finishing my MECIR training!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Alex Farmer said:

Thanks Mate.
Don't forget the Run Up bay at foxtrot, which was always there before the new taxiiway or not.

If you need anything else, please let me know as I'm at the AD full time basically finishing my MECIR training!

Thanks!

do you have some images for "  Run Up bay at foxtrot "?

what it is?

thanks

3 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

what it is?

thanks

No images handy I am sorry. The runup bay is like the one at Taxiway Hotel, for GA aircraft to perform runup tests before departure. I'll see if I can message someone from the Tower to try and take a shot of some things..

On 6/4/2018 at 4:48 PM, Matteo Veneziani said:

what it is?

thanks

I found a picture I took in the last 2 weeks, it shows the run up bay at Foxtrot and the red markings. Spoke to a mate in the tower, he will try and get some shots on Thursday, but no guarantees at the moment.. Hopefully this helps

IMG_2252.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, Matteo Veneziani said:

yes, will be released a patch in the next months with also some other improvements.

Regards

Hi,

Any progress on some of the reported issues? YBCG is coming up to its 1st Birthday...

Thanks & Regards,

Dave

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I can confirm the correct runway designation is now displayed.

1 hour ago, Alex Farmer said:

Any chance for a proper update fixing the various other issues at all? :)

I think the answer to that might be in the text on the product page:

YBCG1.jpg.f0be139268d95d7437a3a828cccb610d.jpg

The developer did the best possible job under the circumstances with limited information.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 12:53 PM, John Dow said:

I can confirm the correct runway designation is now displayed.

I think the answer to that might be in the text on the product page:

YBCG1.jpg.f0be139268d95d7437a3a828cccb610d.jpg

The developer did the best possible job under the circumstances with limited information.

I'm literally alocal pilot though offering suggestions which are being ignored..

7 hours ago, Alex Farmer said:

I'm literally alocal pilot though offering suggestions which are being ignored..

Not ignored!  Just not practicable.  Unfortunately that's the way of it.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, John Dow said:

Not ignored!  Just not practicable.  Unfortunately that's the way of it.  

It's just i would have thought the developer would be correcting very simple issues like missing run up bays and incorrect runway markings. BETA testers should have found that stuff not end users in my opinion. Been years and still no fix. For the price it's not great service.

2 hours ago, Alex Farmer said:

It's just i would have thought the developer would be correcting very simple issues like missing run up bays and incorrect runway markings. BETA testers should have found that stuff not end users in my opinion. Been years and still no fix. For the price it's not great service.

A developer is free to develop an airport to a standard they choose.   There are many reasons why an airport might deviate from the real world, from lack of imagery, lack of information about the airport, a need to keep the scenery smooth when it's actually in the sim, or any other reason.  

Beta testers are there to ensure the airport as presented does not contain errors that the developer might have missed such as elevation errors, flickering textures, non-working lighting, building and object conflicts etc.  We do not visit the real world airports and look for missing details or out of date layouts etc, for obvious reasons.  An average airport like YBCG would generate between 20 and 50 issues reported, sometimes more, often difficult to fix, and requiring a lot of additional work by the developer.  So for you to say that Beta testers should have found a missing run up bay is at best misguided.  In almost every case the airport as developed differs from the real world layout because of the time lag between acquiring the imagery and getting the airport developed for release.  Yes, in this case the runway markings were missed, normally they are picked up along with incorrect runway and taxiway signs, missing lighting and ILS huts etc etc.  And the incorrect number was fixed when the developer found the time to do it.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, John Dow said:

A developer is free to develop an airport to a standard they choose.   There are many reasons why an airport might deviate from the real world, from lack of imagery, lack of information about the airport, a need to keep the scenery smooth when it's actually in the sim, or any other reason.  

Beta testers are there to ensure the airport as presented does not contain errors that the developer might have missed such as elevation errors, flickering textures, non-working lighting, building and object conflicts etc.  We do not visit the real world airports and look for missing details or out of date layouts etc, for obvious reasons.  An average airport like YBCG would generate between 20 and 50 issues reported, sometimes more, often difficult to fix, and requiring a lot of additional work by the developer.  So for you to say that Beta testers should have found a missing run up bay is at best misguided.  In almost every case the airport as developed differs from the real world layout because of the time lag between acquiring the imagery and getting the airport developed for release.  Yes, in this case the runway markings were missed, normally they are picked up along with incorrect runway and taxiway signs, missing lighting and ILS huts etc etc.  And the incorrect number was fixed when the developer found the time to do it.  

I understand your point, but there would be a testing phase be it alpha or beta that picks up these issues where the scenery differs from the real world.

The runway number issue is still present and hasn't been fixed also.

The developer has had years (literally now) to fix these shortcomings and it's just slack on his behalf considering the price of the airports these days.