777 Glory | Air Canada ACA36 YBBN-CYVR

OK, last time we sailed across the big ocean to lovely Brisbane, so we have to get back to lovely Vancouver.

"We decided to make the passengers jump the last meter today as a fitness test, just to make sure they won't need the rescue helicopter when they go hiking in our dense Canadian woods."

Q4cvQXf.jpg

A selection of pacific carriers.

Ngjn508.jpg

I love the bridge. Gateway Bridge?

u9YrRCj.jpg

"We're going to do an APU-to-pack takeoff due to our heavy weight and the high outside temperature, i. e., bleed air for the air conditioning is coming from the APU, freeing up the extra power for the engines."

G1mDS0i.jpg

"It's a loooong way to Tipperary..."

HQvHaXS.jpg

Passing in front of the domestic terminal...

PnNblHa.jpg

"That beach must be visible from the ISS." - "Confirmed."

araHWYE.jpg

"We have a fuel imbalance!" - Ten minutes of scrolling checklists back and forth. - "I forgot to switch on the left center tank pump."

K1SiZtF.jpg

"Wave politely, you never know who might be looking."

urEl5fQ.jpg

Ureparapara Island, Vanuatu.

y3w7bXo.jpg

It's getting dark over the Pacific Ocean.

CEyA55X.jpg

"Switch it on, just in case!" - "Oh Canada, the true north strong and free..."

o69kEmv.jpg

The sun is rising, and so are the mountains of Vancouver Island.

BNSePq1.jpg

Mountainous terrain ahead.

dr8H6MP.jpg

The interior of the island is very mountainous.

j3gBxp2.jpg

The east coast less so.

uppKXiR.jpg

Wl4KTcx.jpg

yFJHCYm.jpg

Xv17znh.jpg

qfMKUK1.jpg

"I can almost smell the salty air!"

BTgTYHz.jpg

A last look at Vancouver Island...

GWyDvMh.jpg

"Did you take photos of my brilliant touchdown?" - "Ehmm..."

99UL1Jy.jpg

"Thank you for flying with Air Canada! We wish you a pleasant stay in Vancouver."

ht6Wb6v.jpg

Thank you for flying with me once more!

Regards

Lars

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

A wonderful flight Captain, very enjoyable.

Yes, those are the Gateway Bridges in Brisbane.

Despite the majority of people being against the change, the official name is now Sir Leo Heilscher Bridges after a senior public servant.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful flight Captain, very enjoyable.

Yes, those are the Gateway Bridges in Brisbane.

Despite the majority of people being against the change, the official name is now Sir Leo Heilscher Bridges after a senior public servant.

Thank your for your comment Martyn, I'm glad that you like my screens - each time you approach Brisbane from the south, the bridge appears as an impressive landmark. Quite unique.

6 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

An epic flight and narration Lars, a job well done :) Lots of marvelous screenshots in this post!

Thank you Landon, I'm glad that you like it! This particular Air Canada journey, beginning with CYYZ-MUHA, was one of the best tours I ever made in flighsim.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Great post Lars! Well done! I like it! :)

Thank you Paul, that makes me happy. :)

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank your for your comment Martyn, I'm glad that you like my screens - each time you approach Brisbane from the south, the bridge appears as an impressive landmark. Quite unique.

The bridge had to be under a certain height so as not to interfere with the aviation and a certain height off the water to allow shipping underneath!

Quite a challenge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually these long flights can become very boring, but this one does not look so. You had some very good economy class cabin (and instrument) views, good work, Lars!

12 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

"We decided to make the passengers jump the last meter today as a fitness test, just to make sure they won't need the rescue helicopter when they go hiking in our dense Canadian woods."

An interesting but useful practice. Also reduces the amount of hand luggage being carried on.

"We're going to do an APU-to-pack takeoff due to our heavy weight and the high outside temperature, i. e., bleed air for the air conditioning is coming from the APU, freeing up the extra power for the engines."

Also an interesting practice. I never had to do this yet, thanks to shorter flights out of colder places.

"We have a fuel imbalance!" - Ten minutes of scrolling checklists back and forth. - "I forgot to switch on the left center tank pump."

And the next learning here. My checklist tries to prevent this.. :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boetie said:

Thanks for an enjoyable ride Lars. You made me laugh with your "fitness test" comment :)

Cheers Graeme

I'm glad that I achieved it to make you laugh Graeme and that you found it to be enjoyable. Thanks for your comment.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was terrific Lars!  I can't wait to do this soon, I miss long flights like this and this was perfect, and I loved your very cool narration too.

Thanks Jack, I'm happy to hear that!

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Usually these long flights can become very boring, but this one does not look so. You had some very good economy class cabin (and instrument) views, good work, Lars!

An interesting but useful practice. Also reduces the amount of hand luggage being carried on.

Also an interesting practice. I never had to do this yet, thanks to shorter flights out of colder places.

And the next learning here. My checklist tries to prevent this.. :)

Thank you very much Gerold for commenting. Don't forget that I had a good television programme, good meal, good wind noise dampening switch and an unusually low cabin altitude...

Regarding the hand luggage; one might think that, but apparently they threw it over to the waiting stewardesses and themselves jumped afterwards. Well, the occasional group of Argentine wheel chair racers got loaded through the back door. :lol:

I wanted to do the APU to pack takeoff as I had never done it before, it's seldom necessary. I forgot to do it in Johannesburg though and guess... the take off went without a problem, off to a 15+ hour flight.

22 minutes ago, Anthony96 said:

Nice pics lars spectacular 

Thank you for the comment, Anthony.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Very nice all night flight, I will have to do that someday. How long did it take you exactly? (Open the sim to closing the sim)

Thanks for commenting. It wasn't all night, it was 4h42m of day and 8h11m night from takeoff to touchdown. Normally I start the sim about 30 to 40 minutes before off-block time, plus 15 minutes of taxi, then the flight, and after landing you can count 10 to 20 minutes, apart from watching your landing in replay, you can add that on top. :D

• Like 1
Thanks for commenting. It wasn't all night, it was 4h42m of day and 8h11m night from takeoff to touchdown. Normally I start the sim about 30 to 40 minutes before off-block time, plus 15 minutes of taxi, then the flight, and after landing you can count 10 to 20 minutes, apart from watching your landing in replay, you can add that on top. [emoji3]
Oh, thanks for the reply. I thought it was overnight because you said that it was getting dark over the Pacific Ocean and then you said that the sun was rising.
  • Like 1
On 21.5.2018 at 4:42 PM, mikee said:

Great set of shots ! Beautiful plane :)

Thank you Mike, I am happy that you like my story!

On 21.5.2018 at 5:08 PM, caleb1 said:
On 21.5.2018 at 3:13 PM, Captain Lars said:
Thanks for commenting. It wasn't all night, it was 4h42m of day and 8h11m night from takeoff to touchdown. Normally I start the sim about 30 to 40 minutes before off-block time, plus 15 minutes of taxi, then the flight, and after landing you can count 10 to 20 minutes, apart from watching your landing in replay, you can add that on top. emoji3.png

Oh, thanks for the reply. I thought it was overnight because you said that it was getting dark over the Pacific Ocean and then you said that the sun was rising.

Oh, I have to apologize because I misunderstood the term "all night" as "being only night during the whole time", but I think it actually means "overnight". So you are totally right as you observed correctly that the sun set and rose again during the same flight.

22 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you for watching, Iain!

Edited by Captain Lars
typo