Marcus Nyberg

An introduction to ESNQ Kiruna & ESSD Dala Airport

Best simulated snow I've seen. It'll be nice to have a nearer destination from Arlanda. Great news Marcus!

Cheers Graeme :)

• Like 4

I literally thought some of those were real photos. No kidding. FS really needs 3D snow, it makes everything look much nicer. I liked CZST for that reason, it has a good amount of 3D snow. If Orbx were to add this technology to their regions it would be incredible. Maybe even as a separate product to cover the whole continent or country, and I would pay $54.95 AUD for it. It's worth that much (or at least in my mind). Winter in FS needs improved.

• Like 7

s'Now that's amazing!   Sim immersion, like this snow, is getting deeper with each new ORBX release. 
Can't wait for this "SnowFlow" airport set!

-Paul

• Like 3

I also thought these were real photos.  Man, I have to learn to stop being amazed by what Orbx is doing, you guys keep upping the quality bar, I’m loving it.

• Like 3

Marcus,

I agree with each comment above. I am looking forward to this release. Great work.

• Like 2

Very nice. Do not forget to put winter clothing on ground staff during winter. :P
Are you going to model mosquitoes for summertime? :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@Marcus Nyberg

Really can't wait for these to be released! :)

I hope you will pay special attention to night lighting, especially for ESNQ, lot's of night flying will be done there. Judging from your screenshot where the runway lights are visible, they don't look particularly realistic. The light blurb size needs to be a lot smaller in appearance, otherwise it would be quite blinding to land and depart on that runway. I know it's WIP, just saying so it can still be changed while you work on it.

• Like 3

I was reading the text and saw already a glimpse of the first photo... Yes, photo! I really thought that it was an onsite photograph to develop the airfield!

Now knowing, those are actually screen captures I still believe this looks very, very realistic!

• Like 3

That's what I thought about the first 4-5 pictures too

• Like 2

Unbelievably good screenshots; it seems there's so many good pieces of work from ORBX due for release soon..... can't wait :) 

• Like 2

These snow effects seem to become a real game changer. I just imagine how this would look at the other frosty Orbx airports in Norway, Canada or Alaska... :)!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I also thought these were real photos.  Man, I have to learn to stop being amazed by what Orbx is doing, you guys keep upping the quality bar, I’m loving it.

+1

• Like 2

These shots look terrific and indeed the snow textures look amazingly real. I hope we get a chance to explore it before the winter sets in, as northern lights up there are stunning too. Fantastic work Marcus.

• Like 2

Looks a lot like some airports in the Canadian arctic.  I flew in Canada's arctic both fixed and rotary for a lot of years. retired now. Can practically feel the wind blowing across the ramp in the pics......I will purchase when the sceneries are available.

Dave

• Like 2

These snow effects seem to become a real game changer. I just imagine how this would look at the other frosty Orbx airports in Norway, Canada or Alaska... !

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1000000

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The distance between Kiruna Airport and Dala Airport. is approximately 555 miles.  whew!

-Paul

Edited by PFS
  • Like 2

Are both of these airports going to be one Orbx product?

• Like 2

Extremely well done, very realistic. I almost went for my winter coat just to look at your shots.

• Like 3

Not sure if I am shaking from the anticipation or the freezing snow!:o

A work of art, very well done Marcus.:D

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Very nice work.

Haven't flown in Scandinavia for awhile, this will draw me back.

Snow looks very realistic.

TTM

• Like 2

Holy Molly, what's left to be said?? whatever there is, I'm saying it.

Truly wonderful.

Jim.

• Like 2

Wow ! I was looking at the first 4 pictures and was sure these were real pictures from the real airport. I figured it out it was ORBX scenery when looking at the fifth one...

Mike

Edited by Mikelab6
  • Like 2

Thank you for sharing the preview pics. They look amazing!

Wow, Dala (Just looked it up on Google maps) is close to where my best friend lives. He and his wife just moved to Uppsala. I guess I'll be flying over them more often than I had previously thought. ;)

Edited by Sundog
  • Like 1

Wow, Just wow... talking about raising the bar. That's what I call winter.

I have friends near Falun which I visited couple of times. So I fell in love with Dalarna and its red houses. Glad to see Dala getting the full OrbX treatment.

• Like 1