Oh wow! This combined airport package looks absolutely amazing! Hopefully it won't be long to release now that you have teased us with your latest, great looking work Matteo. I always love returning to AU in the the sim, as that is where it all started for me with Orbx :) 

Gold coast is my home town so very excited.Looks stunning!

Its a busy little international airport so those that like the the heavy metal will love it.

"Despite an acute lack of source material and references"

Thank you Matteo for your toil and drive to produce an artwork in such trying circumstances.

• Like 1

Wow, looks amazing. Together with CityScene Gold Coast and ORBX AU this will create a real showcase area to fly in.

I can almost see all the posts in the screenshot forum already :P

• Like 2

Great work from the Orbx team.

Having flown into Cooly about 600 times it feels like and dealt with Thunderstorms, crap visibility, poor navaid support at one of Australias busiest and most challenging airports in bad weather it will be great to see it in the sim so everyone can experience it!

Now how about here...Hamo

IMG_5718-XL.jpg

Or here...Sunny Coast

OF9L9818-HDR-Edit-XL.jpg

• Like 4

Brilliant work, Matteo, I am really looking forward to its release.

As a once RW pilot who flew into YBCG back in the VOR/DME approach days, I support Darren absolutely.  It is no help to him or me to know that an ILS is being installed, but in an area of prevailing northerlies it will frequently be downwind with all the fun attached, but there is now a couple of RNAV approaches that in the opinion of Qantas Boeing 737 skippers are better am more useful than the ILS.

Looks bloody amazing, cannot wait to fly the bus into Cooly, holding my breath for a Perth scenery and cityscene just like this to open up the poor, sometimes forgotten Western side of Australia :P

Great job ORBX team!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Well done Matteo, a brilliant piece of work with Southport included as well.:)

Southport? thats a long way away. Its north of surfers paradise..

Edited by Venturi
  • Confused 1

Just now, Venturi said:

Southport? thats a long way away

YSPT is 30 km from YBCG but a long way from ECGO;)

Very nice work Matteo! Looking forward to completing my Gold Coast scenery and adding another much-needed destination for flights operating in the Oceania/Asia-Pacific parts of the world :)

I can't wait for this one.... hopefully Australia V2 is not too far behind it 

For a guy like me that's not into the tubeliners..... I'm loving all the GA in those shots, especially the guy working on the cessna; great attention to detail :)

Edited by tmarshall
  • Like 1

I can't wait for this one.... hopefully Australia V2 is not too far behind it 

For a guy like me that's not into the tubeliners..... I'm loving all the GA in those shots, especially the guy working on the cessna; great attention to detail [emoji4]

My guess is "Australia V2" (as it was called in the YBCG "request" thread I linked in an earlier post in this thread) will be a TrueEarth Austrailia?

I will also be buying this airport, that is if I can use it with FTX Global, if it needs FTX AU I'm afraid it will need to wait.

14 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

My guess is "Australia V2" (as it was called in the YBCG "request" thread I linked in an earlier post in this thread) will be a TrueEarth Austrailia?

I will also be buying this airport, that is if I can use it with FTX Global, if it needs FTX AU I'm afraid it will need to wait.

Hope Not if the Netherlands needed 240gb approx all up free space for installation..Australia gonna need ......

"Netherlands is about 186 times smaller than Australia. Australia is approximately 7,741,220 sq km, while Netherlands is approximately 41,543 sq km."

• Like 2

OK:

YBCG

CityScape Gold Coast

OLC Africa

all the Alaska stuff finally

the PMDG 737

Yeah, it's going to be an expensive year for me, regarding both time and money. Cheers. Seriously, this seems fantastic to me.

Caleb, I can't see how Australia could ever be TrueEarth.....

(a) Its way too big, and

(b) I doubt there are high quality imagery available

Australia v2 will probably just be an updated fat region, but that would be welcomed by me and many others :)

• Like 2

Hope Not if the Netherlands needed 240gb approx all up free space for installation..Australia gonna need ......

"Netherlands is about 186 times smaller than Australia. Australia is approximately 7,741,220 sq km, while Netherlands is approximately 41,543 sq km."
JV has said they will have only 2 seasons for the bigger areas "to keep things sane." That will half the download sizes. But it will still be huge. Maybe it will be 2m resolution instead of 1m for the big areas as well. Orbx should offer a $200 USD or so rebate for their customers to buy bigger drives! [emoji38]

Australia may be large but a lot of it is simply refrerred to as GABA. "Great Australian Bugger All"
Fly over Australia in daylight and you will spend hours looking at exactly the same type of scenery.

So size might not be a problem.

• Like 1

Could be wrong, but I don't think Australia v2 will be TE. I suspect TE will only be used for smaller areas.

I'm fine with that, although I wouldn't mind a TE for parts of Australia like around Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane. Or a CityScene Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane :)

• Like 1