Jump to content
John Venema

TrueEarth Great Britain Preview Trailer 2

Recommended Posts

Very nice John, a must buy by me for both X plane and P3Dv4. Absolutely gorgeous. Derek.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Orbx be making any airports they have in True Earth ENG for XP compatible with both World Traffic and X-Life? As you know compared to P3d/FSX,  the ai air traffic in XP is woeful and just static aircraft at the included airports/airfields will be a bit of a letdown. The same question goes as far as the Barton airport is concerned. I believe both these ai traffic addons rely on ground routes to be defined in the airport similar to the old afcads and the bgls in e.g. My traffic etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already looks great in alpha and can't wait for the extra features to be added.

Obviously the full release will be a very worthy product but do you intend to update the package with  added content, such as extra landmarks or major buildings for example, after release or will the release version be the final product other than any bug fix patches?

 

Also will you allow early access at Beta stage?

 

Couple of observations on the video.

Sometimes trees and buildings are sitting in roads.

I know Xplane11 autogen has this issue here and there too, will it be possible to fix this or is it just a legacy of the data not being perfect?

Edited by Danni
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Will Orbx be making any airports they have in True Earth ENG for XP compatible with both World Traffic and X-Life? As you know compared to P3d/FSX,  the ai air traffic in XP is woeful and just static aircraft at the included airports/airfields will be a bit of a letdown. The same question goes as far as the Barton airport is concerned. I believe both these ai traffic addons rely on ground routes to be defined in the airport similar to the old afcads and the bgls in e.g. My traffic etc. 

 

I know that Laminar are working on ATC this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Venema said:

before we turn our attention to the release of Netherlands TrueEarth for P3D

 

Beautiful. But this ^^ has me really excited in the near-term...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

The same question goes as far as the Barton airport is concerned.

 

Yep, Barton has the required information so that it will work with xLife and WT3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another step forward in realisme...XP seems to be an excellent platform and in favour to see moving traffic on the roads as it should. Better represented then in FSX, FSW, P3D and the non-existing(yet) in AFS2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Venema said:

Here is the second (and final) sneak preview trailer for Orbx EU England TrueEarth for XP11 before we turn our attention to the release of Netherlands TrueEarth for P3D.

 

Don't know what I like more: the trailer or the 'attention to the release of Netherlands TrueEarth'. I think the latter for now. ;)

 

Are those ground textures still 2m resolution instead of the final 1m? And are those trees XP defaults? Any plans on releasing HD Trees for XP because it seems to me XP could use them.

 

This is going to be a GREAT year with all those TreuEarth sceneries for various sims! 2018 will be a year to remember!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LR need to remove tree self-shadowing and this has been given as feedback to them. This will improve the realism of the trees dramatically.

 

There is potential to release TreesHD for XP11, we’re looking into it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no support for kinetic/bone animations in X-Plane. This is something we have requested from the developers. Until then we have to make do with static placed people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like another game changer. Can't wait for the P3D version.

Edited by tdavart
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turbineseaplane said:

Absolutely STUNNING..

 

I can't even imagine how awesome the PNW will be when that comes to the TrueEarth line for XP!

THIS is the one that has the heart a flutter...love them all so far...but THIS is what I am truly waiting on...

When I get this...nobody will ever see me again...just a voice stating behind the closed door;  'wow...loooook at that!  Wow...looook at that!' like a broken record. lol

Can't wait...great times ahead..thank you, Orbx... :)))

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Venema said:

There is potential to release TreesHD for XP11, we’re looking into it.

This would be a great product to have available.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for bringing products to X-plane as well now! Can't wait!!!!! Hopefully LR implements the requested features at some point!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really believe that Orbx coming to XP  with their True Earth plus other addons, could be a game changer for both Orbx and Laminar. Just some observations:

1. Orbx is giving feedback to Laminar regarding things like Peopleflow equivalent and HD Trees, removing tree shadows etc. Respected developers now engaging in efforts to maximise potential of both parties products, to the benefit of us consumers.

2. There is an interest coming from potential new customers to purchase XP on the basis of seeing True Earth. Good for Laminar.

3. There is a great deal of interest from current XP users in True Earth and the other Orbx addons. Good for Orbx and a whole new market for them to indulge in.

 Basically a win-win or all of us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this looks fantastic i cant wait it will be a must when it is released and thanks John for giving us the  preview video  orbx has come a long way  i have been with you sine you relesed

scenery  for Australia .

And orbx is just getting better and better  we all would be lost with out orbx  in all our flight sims  thanks again  regards EMM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

And orbx is just getting better and better  we all would be lost with out orbx  in all our flight sims  thanks again  regards EMM

Totally agree with that. Before ORBX, we had GEX and UTX and ORBX gave a second life to FSX and now is doing P3D and XPlane better and better. True Earth will be incredible !! Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES:D, this is the kind of scenery I always wanted orbx to make, my dreams come true. Picked up Meigs yesterday just to get a feel for Orbx in xplane while I wait for True earth regions. Im all in. Too bad the the people flow doesnt work in Xplane, but I guess I cant have it all. Tanks John for coming to Xplane, it was just what Xplane needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the Netherlands TrueEarth launch trailer video is being made by Jeroen Doorman this weekend.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cooky said:

Totally agree with that. Before ORBX, we had GEX and UTX and ORBX gave a second life to FSX and now is doing P3D and XPlane better and better. True Earth will be incredible !! Thank you

Hi i still have all the Gex  and utx  but like you say since orbx com out i have not look back i have been on this  Forum since June 2010 and that must be when i got the scenery for Australia

a few years now and how much orbx have come on since  then our sims would not look like they do  with out orbx  regards Stewart  EMM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes the Netherlands TrueEarth launch trailer video is being made by Jeroen Doorman this weekend.

 

Awesome! Can't wait (again)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I really believe that Orbx coming to XP  with their True Earth plus other addons, could be a game changer for both Orbx and Laminar. Just some observations:

1. Orbx is giving feedback to Laminar regarding things like Peopleflow equivalent and HD Trees, removing tree shadows etc. Respected developers now engaging in efforts to maximise potential of both parties products, to the benefit of us consumers.

2. There is an interest coming from potential new customers to purchase XP on the basis of seeing True Earth. Good for Laminar.

3. There is a great deal of interest from current XP users in True Earth and the other Orbx addons. Good for Orbx and a whole new market for them to indulge in.

 Basically a win-win or all of us.

 

A win, win, win then?

Don't you just love happy endings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched on a phone screen..didnt seem to be any road bridges? Are they amongst the features to be added please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Watched on a phone screen..didnt seem to be any road bridges? Are they amongst the features to be added please?

 

Good question. I hope we get a response. One of the features of XP is their roads and bridges which are maintained via the Overlay if using Ortho4xp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my question to JV and the rest of the OrbX guys is simply this;

 

Shall i just give you my card or set up a joint account as this looks absolutely amazing, i even recognised certain places so hats off guys great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great John.

I hope you guys keep continueing developing the whole of Europe in TrueEarth so I can switch over from my older photoreal scenery + custom AG...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or does it look more blurry this time than in the first trailer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolutely STUNNING..
 
I can't even imagine how awesome the PNW will be when that comes to the TrueEarth line for XP!
This is stunning. I can't wait for PNW TrueEarth as well.

I have a question: When the P3D version comes out, will the airports included in TrueEarth england be enhanced to such a great extent that it will not be necessary to need any of the Orbx payware airports in that area?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...