2018-04-02_09-08-29-PM203.jpg

2018-04-02_09-08-34-PM211.jpg

2018-04-02_09-08-36-PM52.jpg

2018-04-02_09-08-27-PM830.jpg

2018-04-02_09-08-27-PM581.jpg

2018-04-02_09-08-32-PM386.jpg

2018-04-02_09-08-27-PM955.jpg

• Like 8

This is spectacular ! Man. it looks so good...been waiting for this release for awhile...will be special when it's done :) 

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful scenery, another one hopefully not too far away.:)

I hope I can figure out how to put Orbx scenery on another SSD and use it.  I mean, FTX downloads it directly to my P3D 4.1 drive, so I'll need some help before I buy these next two. :(

• Like 1

I hope I can figure out how to put Orbx scenery on another SSD and use it.  I mean, FTX downloads it directly to my P3D 4.1 drive, so I'll need some help before I buy these next two. [emoji20]
It would be nice to know how to do that...

Thanks
  • Like 1

Just now, caleb1 said:

It would be nice to know how to do that...

Thanks

Jose said something about using XML but I have absolutely no idea even where to begin.  I mean, let's say I can figure out this XML stuff, how do I redirect FTX to download to a different place?

• Like 1

it is really easy , buy a bigger ssd , clone your old smaller one to your new ssd

disconnect your old ssd and reconnect your new one

and happy flying again.

much easier then a XML exercise.

rgds

7 minutes ago, sim123 said:

it is really easy , buy a bigger ssd , clone your old smaller one to your new ssd

and happy flying again.

rgds

Wouldn’t that mess up the registry?

The people who built my PC said it wouldn’t work.  I use Acronis to backup my P3D drive

there is a differance between cloning and imaging, with cloning you make a exact  one to one copy of your harddrive

I have done this hundreds of times.

the only thing is that you must take care that you cloned ssd has same driveletter as the old one.

1 minute ago, sim123 said:

there is a differance between cloning and imaging, with cloning you make a exact  one to one copy of your harddrive

I have done this hundreds of times.

the only thing is that you must take care that you cloned ssd has same driveletter as the old one.

Thanks, zero clue on how to do this

if you need more info , look on youtube and search for Cloning ssd, there a many tutorials how to do it

it is really easy and in max 1-3 hrs you are up and running again with your larger ssd , the old one can be use

for other purposes.

• Like 1

I cloned my drive once with P3D and all on it and it worked fine. Have had no problems. It was cloning a HDD to a SSHD.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sim123 said:

if you need more info , look on youtube and search for Cloning ssd, there a many tutorials how to do it

it is really easy and in max 1-3 hrs you are up and running again with your larger ssd , the old one can be use

for other purposes.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

1 hour ago, sim123 said:

and happy flying again.

rgds

I too have used this method multiple times Jack, and it is the method I currently use every time I get a new SSD. It is a very easy and good system to use. And I am a dumb Infantry Grunt, so if I can do it Jack, you can too ;) 

Edited by Sniper31

8 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I too have used this method multiple times Jack, and it is the method I currently use every time I get a new SSD. It is a very easy and good system to use. And I am a dumb Infantry Grunt, so if I can do it Jack, you can too ;) 

Thanks Landon but I don't have that software he mentions in his YT above.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon but I don't have that software he mentions in his YT above.

Jack, I don't have use that software either...I just use Windows to do it. Do you know how to change and/or assign drive letters in Windows to various drives (SSD, HDD, DVD, CDROM etc.)? If so, that is all the software know how you need. 

4 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Jack, I don't have use that software either...I just use Windows to do it. Do you know how to change and/or assign drive letters in Windows to various drives (SSD, HDD, DVD, CDROM etc.)? If so, that is all the software know how you need. 

Let's PM.

Jack, you can clone with Acronis True Image, I have 2017 version and it is descibed in paragraph 10 in the manual.

Just remember when you have completed, the new larger drive must have the same letter as the smaller drive had originally.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Smudger said:

Jack, you can clone with Acronis True Image, I have 2017 version and it is descibed in paragraph 10 in the manual.

Just remember when you have completed, the new larger drive must have the same letter as the smaller drive had originally.

Thank you Smudger!  I appreciate it.  I have the 2013 or 14 version, not sure as it's running a backup now.

Moving all Orbx addons to a new drive can be done with this utility http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

it creates a virtual link on another position without to change the system registry, and once time the link is created, FTX central will install in the new position. You have to uninstall and reinstall P3D on the new drive anyway, copy the entire Orbx folder on the new hd and create the virtual link with that utility. All Nick's advices ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Moving all Orbx addons to a new drive can be done with this utility http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

it creates a virtual link on another position without to change the system registry, and once time the link is created, FTX central will install in the new position. You have to uninstall and reinstall P3D on the new drive anyway, copy the entire Orbx folder on the new hd and create the virtual link with that utility. All Nick's advices ;)

Just did this yesterday, I couldn't believe how simple it was.  Now I have plenty of room for new Orbx scenery.  I didn't know all of Orbx's stuff takes up something like 319GB!

• Like 1

well done Jack, I am looking at updating a drive to gain space so will keep a link to this subject so I can do the same

• Like 1