41 minutes ago, Danni said:

I wouldn't expect perfect representations at all, that would be silly.

What I am saying is that where landmarks are being modelled then they should represent a present version of that area.

It is constructive criticism and I'm looking forward to the final product for Xplane.

It's not that easy.  There are many factors that determine the placement and representation of scenery objects.  A change that may seem simple may cause flow-on effects elsewhere, or changes to data may not be licensed, or, in many cases, the dev only has access to certain imagery and cannot source new suitable imagery at the drop of a hat.

Like I said before, the devs do what they can but the scenery will never meet everyone's expectations because of many factors outside their control.

Folks, I think the logo on top of the Euromast was just used by me as a benchmark to assess the age of the data used for all the buildings modelled in Rotterdam. The question was not simply related to the logo (which would indeed be silly), but to the overal age of the data used for this brand new scenery. That's all :).

I understand the difficulty surrounding getting the right data, and acquiring recent data, but perhaps more insight about the 'year' or 'age' the scenery reflects would be useful. There might be people who get upset to see a city like Rotterdam reflect the state that it was in in 2009/2010 while they buy a scenery that was released in 2018. One would expect more recent (and rather big and noteworthy) buildings to be included too.  It's merely a suggestion :).

All in all, Rotterdam is a special subject because it is a rapidly evolving city when it comes to new buildings. Again, given this is a complex scenery on a country-level, one can indeed not expect everything to be perfect/recent and I am more than happy with the current results and I can't wait to try it out! :) 

Best,

Evert

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, John Dow said:

It's not that easy.  There are many factors that determine the placement and representation of scenery objects.  A change that may seem simple may cause flow-on effects elsewhere, or changes to data may not be licensed, or, in many cases, the dev only has access to certain imagery and cannot source new suitable imagery at the drop of a hat.

Like I said before, the devs do what they can but the scenery will never meet everyone's expectations because of many factors outside their control.

No I guess not and we have a choice as consumers.

I think they are doing a great job overall.