chefboyrd2017

resolved Southern Alaska Airport Elevations

Hello, I just installed Northern Alaska on to FSX SE, and noticed I had some elevation issues at Homer airport (PAHO). Nothing crazy, just elevated runways and taxiways. I did have other ftx products installed at the time (other NA areas), but I uninstalled everything and tried again with just Alaska, but same thing. I use no other scenery addons. I know there have been a few posts on this topic (sorry), but for all the ones I found, the person had global/vector installed, which I do not have, and thus the fixes seem incompatible with my situation. I'm just wondering if anyone has the same issue, and maybe knows a fix.

2018-3-13_17-54-22-621.BMP

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best,

Jacob

Thanks for your reply!

I am at all the settings ftx suggests. I also tried a re-migration. I have had similer issues before at various airports, but a re-install has always worked. 

Thanks again,

Best

Yeah, that's the reason I started a new topic, I don't have vector. It seems most other people do. I'm not sure if maybe there's some other way to correct elevations? 

Thanks for your response,

Best,

Jacob

Sorry for the mis-understanding, I don't have PAHO airport, I only have FTX Southern Alaska. I just happen to be experiencing the problem at PAHO, which is covered by So Ak. I did a re-install, and re-migration of all my FTX products yesterday. The problem seems to be a descrepency between the ground elevation, and the elevation of the airport. The effect is that all of the airport features are floating (runways, taxiways, grass, etc). Ill post some pictures.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'll move your topic to another support area where staff member with more expertise in this area will have a look.  Please let me know if you require further assistance from me.

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi guy's

I'm having the same issue here.  PAHO has an elevation change to 60' that for some reason is not being implemented, although it is "active" in Scenery/World/Scenery.  I'll look into the reason.

Cheers, Neil

Hi again,

I'll pass on my original PAHO elevation file that is at the correct elevation of 60'.  Place it in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder and have it replace the one that is there.  I'm still looking to find where that elevation file came from but my guess it has something to do with the Payware PAHO airport which I don't have installed so can't check it out.

Cheers, Neil

ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL

• Upvote 2

Thank you so much Neil,

This evening I had a nice VFR down HWY 1 from Merrill Field to Homer only to find things messed up. I'm back in business now for my next flight. 

Cheers and thanks again

Roger