The performance issues around Central London with Heathrow, Gatwick and London City are crippling to some/most people. If ORBX brought out a London scenery package that re-wrote the autogen code and mapping for all of London like this we might for once have an easier time of flying in that area!!!

ORBX, do you have any plans to do London? 

(Pretty please)

• Upvote 7

A great return to Australia, and smashing shots of the city and huge coverage area. Looking forward to this marking 10 years of Orbx scenery.

Edited by BrianV
  • Like 1

This has to be one of the most requested areas for improvement to ORBX over the last 10 years.

It looks like the wait has been worth it. And very well priced too I might add.

Welcome Allen to the ORBX team. I'm sure that with Jarrad's  continued expertise along with

your own, we will all see some amazing creations coming our way.

Kevin

• Like 2

That's what I love about ORBX: Innovation. And what a project! A paradise for VFR pilots.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

Magnificent, I have spent a few summers here and your rendition is PERFECT.

Great work and look forward to a virtual holiday in your masterpiece, so many lovely small and large airports in this part of the world too.

Thank you.

• Like 3

Right now I'm just stunned and lost for words regarding every single aspect of this news Jarrad! Except to say I'm absolutely whole-heartedly over the moon to see this new innovative FTX product line bringing a whole new dimension, immersion and level of possibilities into the Orbx world. Worldwide CityScenes injecting more life and unique vistas of hopefully some really interesting, distinct and characterful cities all around the globe! This will undoudtedly come with even more positive knock-on effects. Just what the doctor ordered for an even healthier sim experience. Simming just got a massive upgrade in my opinion! Thank you! Thank you! Truly, Thank you! I'll be buying every CityScene around the world! :)

Emmsie, your shots...that city is looking beautiful! Looking forward to even more stunning shots and exploring Gold Coast as soon as its released. And then of course, I'll definitely need YBCG when that's released or how else will I get there ;). Delighted Jarrad! And great vision by Orbx and John...never ceases to surprise and delight!

Last but not least, a huge customer welcome to Orbx's team Allen! So looking forward to everything you are going to bring to the table. Judging from Emmsie's shots and Jarrad's words, we are undoubtedly in for some spectacular and far-reaching treats from you in 2018 and the years ahead!

Edited by Sid
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daveebee46 said:

That looks like a 'Must Buy' to me, I have visited Surfers many times. When is it going to be released?

Dave you just put a cool image into my imagination...Some Orbx 'Surfer-flow' at Surfers?! ;)

As a local, fan..b....y..tastic.  Just can't wait.  And you won't have to pay a $20000 joining fee to fly out of YSPT.  Matteo's YBCG is eagerly awaited, to complete the cityscape.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daveebee46 said:

When is it going to be released?

Orbx usually does not mention something that far in advance before release, so my guess will be within the next few weeks, but I'm not sure.

Are there any plans to redo the Portland Cityscape as a CityScene?

Thanks.

Jarred, I'm stunned.  All I can say is this is beautiful and my card is ready to buy now.  And welcome to the new Orbx member, I look forward to his work and more of these cityscapes, they're wonderful! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Are there any plans to redo the Portland Cityscape as a CityScene?

Another company is working on a Portland product so we'll defer to them to see how they treat the city area.

• Like 3

Another company is working on a Portland product so we'll defer to them to see how they treat the city area.
Thanks. That's ok. What company is doing it? Drzewecki Design? Just curious.

Thanks.

Well , isn't this news just the best thing to start your day with! Wow Jarrad and JV, what a surprise! This will be such an exciting package, and I look forward to it's release in earnest and whatever cityscence pacakage may come next. It's always such a delight when Orbx develops new stuff. And welcome Allen Kreisman! I look forward to seeing your work within the Orbx world :)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

This is seriously good news.  The Gold Coast cityscene is excellent in itself but bringing Allen into the Orbx team is quite a coup to put it mildly.  The combination of Allen's development tools and Orbx reach should make 2018 and the near future something of a golden age for our hobby.  I don't know how old you are Allen but here's hoping you hang around for a while - no pressure obviously! :D

• Upvote 1

Darn ! Things and news of future projects like this make it extremely difficult to "kick the habit" of spending money "foolishly"(?).

Looking forward to my "next fix".:D

4 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Thanks. That's ok. What company is doing it? Drzewecki Design? Just curious.

Thanks.

I hope it's OK to tell that it's Flightbeam. Was announced last year IIRC 

But back on topic, I'm really excited about this new scenery, it's great to see that Australia and New Zealand are getting some attention lately, and the new tech sounds great if it serves to improve on performance of those huge city sceneries. I faintly remember an announcement of this tech on the Scenery Solutions homepage, just couldn't remember what became of it. 

Edited by fabs79
  • Like 1

I hope it's OK to tell that it's Flightbeam. Was announced last year IIRC 

But back on topic, I'm really excited about this new scenery, it's great to see that Australia and New Zealand are getting some attention lately, and the new tech sounds great if it serves to improve on performance of those huge city sceneries. I faintly remember an announcement of this tech on the Scenery Solutions homepage, just couldn't remember what became of it. 
Ok. Thanks fabs79.

Great News,

Could this technology be integrated into existing products..........upping detail and improving performance?

I fly in VR 100% of time, so this could be significant!

Bill Clark

• Like 1

Great post and welcome to the team Allen. With this new type of tech, is it safe to guess that the workflow/production time has vastly increased over prior techs in this area? 

A warm welcome to ORBX Allen.

It is so good to see Australia getting a look in again and this scenery is magnificent.

It is probably the closest I will ever get to the Gold Coast, indeed with scenery like this I will have no need to go there in RL.