Hello,

I have never used Orbx scenery but really want to get YBBN. Question, What else must I purchase to make YBBN work? And, what should I get as well. I'm running P3DV4.2 and my PC can deal with just about anything.

Scott

Hi Scot and welcome to the world of Orbx. Well you could just buy the Australia region which is called a full fat region as it has every thing you need. Like mesh and land class. Plus you would have to install the Orbx Libraries and the airport should work fine. The next thing I would buy would be the Global base package. If you go the Products page you will see a list of available items and if you read what it says about each item you will get an understanding of what each product does. Global base is the way to start as it covers the whole world. There are better people here than me that will help you with anything you need to know. Once you get the bug I hope you have deep pockets. No you can start as small as you want and enjoy the experience. Derek.

One note, don’t forget to add an Orbx order number to your signature. It’s one of the requirements to get support here. Derek.

Sorry Scot told a fib about the Global base as it does not have a mesh. Only the full fat regions like Australia and Northern Rockies and the rest have a mesh and Orbx have been using the Pilots Global 2010 mesh for FSX for those, which now have brought out a new one and the old one is getting very hard to get hold off. The mesh I mean. Sorry. Derek.

Scott - I just wanted to say welcome to the forum(s) and the world of ORBX. (And, as above, you'll need to buy Australia for the scenery to fit in properly)..........Doug

Thanks to everyone for the input!! I'll get my number in here right after this post. I bought OZ and YBBN along with  the base pack. VERY happy so far. Now looking at Vector.

Scott